British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday August 31st

Hancock will be back in this GP according to a German newspaper.

15 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Hancock will be back in this GP according to a German newspaper.

That is good to read as his wife may be feeling better.  Be a hard job for GH as it might be his first meet of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

That is good to read as his wife may be feeling better.  Be a hard job for GH as it might be his first meet of the season. 

Good news. A year end top 8 finish is out but dare I mention the word wildcard.

I am sure a wild card will be offered to Greg but will he want it.

He has discovered that family comes before anything else. Add the fact he is now 47 is it, has he anything to prove? - No. would he like to win another world championship? - Yes. Is he likely to win another world championship ? - No. Time  to retire gracefully from the sport and just enjoy family life.

52 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

He has discovered that family comes before anything else. Add the fact he is now 47 is it, has he anything to prove? - No. would he like to win another world championship? - Yes. Is he likely to win another world championship ? - No. Time  to retire gracefully from the sport and just enjoy family life.

If he wanted that i’m not sure he would be coming back in Teterow(if true)

On 8/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, racers and royals said:

Lambert in for Greg- Lindback having intense treatment on his shoulder injury this week so that he can ride Saturday.

Rode well enough in Sweden last night

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Who did- certainly wasn`t Lindback !!!

Sorry ,misread your Post was talking about Lambert

On 8/23/2019 at 11:03 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Older than that even. Greg turned 49 in June.

7 minutes ago, tocha said:

Older than that even. Greg turned 49 in June.

THE last conversation I had with someone who speaks to Greg on a regular basis was that he was written off 2019, for obvious reasons, but hopes to resume in 2020 for a proper swan song. I have no doubt that BSI would afford him that opportunity if he wishes, as they should. 

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE last conversation I had with someone who speaks to Greg on a regular basis was that he was written off 2019, for obvious reasons, but hopes to resume in 2020 for a proper swan song. I have no doubt that BSI would afford him that opportunity if he wishes, as they should. 

not my favourite rider but agree with you that he does deserve a 2020 farewell tour.    he will be good enough to compete mid table or higher

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

It could be coupled with BSI/IMG’s swan-song !!

Edited by racers and royals