British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday August 31st

8 minutes ago, Falubaz said:

It is Speedway not Chess!

That doesn't excuse turning left on riders on the straight.

2 minutes ago, screm said:

That doesn't excuse turning left on riders on the straight.

I know u r angry coz the only actually good Brit in speedway is in fact an Australian. Look beyond that.

4 minutes ago, Falubaz said:

I know u r angry coz the only actually good Brit in speedway is in fact an Australian. Look beyond that.

Good grief, argument lost. You need to try harder to back up your argument as we were debating Zmarzlik.

2 hours ago, Falubaz said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Edited by James Carter

It’s his usual line, completely incapable of having a proper discussion unfortunately. 

Best ignored. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark said:

BZ dishes out a lot but he does stay on the bike when it goes against him.     10 years ago Pedersen was completely ruthless but he has cleaned up his act and is now no worse than anyone else.  Did anyone get too upset with Lindgren last night bar Lambert.    No and Lambert beat him and we enjoyed the race.    Hard riding is great to watch.

Not had chance to watch the meeting on TV yet, but from where I was watching, cant for the life of me understand what Lambert was upset about. This is GP, hard riding!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sommelier said:

Not had chance to watch the meeting on TV yet, but from where I was watching, cant for the life of me understand what Lambert was upset about. This is GP, hard riding!!

I’m sure you can even if you disagree with him. It was his first taste of having the door slammed shut on him in a GP and he will have learned from it, just like he will have to learn to do it to others if he wants to be successful in GP’s going forward. 

I’ve always held the view that you leave a rider just enough room to race and if he is quick, brave and skilful enough to pass you then fair play but it’s been generally accepted for years that you do what’s required to stay in front in a GP, as well as many riders using the berm of dirt up against the fence entering a corner to propel themselves forward faster. You have to execute your overtake before or after that point on the straight generally speaking or you will run out of room. It’s s pity but that’s modern speedway and he will learn. 

Edited by Bagpuss

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’m sure you can even if you disagree with him. It was his first taste of having the door slammed shut on him in a GP and he will have learned from it, just like he will have to learn to do it to others if he wants to be successful in GP’s going forward. 

I’ve always held the view that you leave a rider just enough room to race and if he is quick, brave and skilful enough to pass you then fair play but it’s been generally accepted for years that you do what’s required to stay in front in a GP, as well as many riders using the berm of dirt up against the fence entering a corner to propel themselves forward faster. You have to execute your overtake before or after that point on the straight generally speaking or you will run out of room. It’s s pity but that’s modern speedway and he will learn. 

I hope you are correct and he learns from it, he seriously needs to toughen up, no doubt about it the lad is very talented 

16 minutes ago, sommelier said:

I hope you are correct and he learns from it, he seriously needs to toughen up, no doubt about it the lad is very talented 

He is tough enough and showed it on Saturday. He's riding with a neck injury too.    My thought was he got annoyed as Lindgren closed a legit gap. Hard riding but also very ruthless. Some would say dirty. Depends where you stand on dirty, ruthless or just GP racing.

46 minutes ago, Mark said:

He is tough enough and showed it on Saturday. He's riding with a neck injury too.    My thought was he got annoyed as Lindgren closed a legit gap. Hard riding but also very ruthless. Some would say dirty. Depends where you stand on dirty, ruthless or just GP racing.

I think closing the door is hard racing, fencing a rider deliberately is dirty... and I though it was Robert Lambert that was ruthless, it says so all over his clothing :D

He was bad all night (again)! His move on Iversen and Zagar? was interesting to say the least!

Not a great deal in the move on Lambert for me but there was nothing in the Michelson one in the last GP... Kelvin still thought it apt to call him out as a dirty rider though

13 hours ago, Mark said:

It’s just GP racing for me, you see plenty  of moves during the course of a meeting, but the seasoned campaigners anticipate it most times.