Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

German GP Teterow Saturday August 31st

As well as ‘riding angry’ Robert has much, much more speed in that last heat of his. Shame it took him four rides to get the set up right but all good experience which is what this year should be about for him. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As well as ‘riding angry’ Robert has much, much more speed in that last heat of his. Shame it took him four rides to get the set up right but all good experience which is what this year should be about for him. 

It was also another example of poor riding..

You could make the outside work on 1 and 2 but on 3 and 4 it was far harder.. Lindgren had covered the outside on 1 & 2 for 3 laps and then did the old speedway rider trick of lets change to the inside and let him ride round me. It's this kind of mistake that separates the very good riders from the great riders imo.

First signs tonight for me that Zmarzlik has started thinking about the bigger picture & I'm not sure I like it.

A few conservative defensive rides holding second rather than chasing the win.

19 minutes ago, Col said:

First signs tonight for me that Zmarzlik has started thinking about the bigger picture & I'm not sure I like it.

A sensible approach if you ask me. Just do what needs to be done..It worked for Mark Loram.

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Those saying last week unhappy at Iversen and Zagar qualifying again for next year, tonight shows they still 2 of the best riders around.

any rider in this years GP top 15 can win a GP.    the ability level is very level

48 minutes ago, Col said:

Woffinden has been doing that for years.  It works.

No $h!t Sherlock's.

Best wishes to Martin Smolinski for a speedy recovery, the guy is in a bad way but still tried his best to score points.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Col said:

I though Zmarlik was bordering on dangerous in some of his races and IMO he will either cause or be involved in an accident riding in this way.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, screm said:

I though Zmarlik was bordering on dangerous in some of his races and IMO he will either cause or be involved in an accident riding in this way.

He was, never seen him ride like that before, however Lindgren was worse.

1 hour ago, screm said:

he will be ruthless at Torun if he has a chance of winning the title.    some of the moves he pulls are worse than any rider I have ever seen.    it is hard to believe he has not had a huge crask with other riders.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

he will be ruthless at Torun if he has a chance of winning the title.    some of the moves he pulls are worse than any rider I have ever seen.    it is hard to believe he has not had a huge crask with other riders.

I'm not a big BZ fan but I don't think he's that bad. Certainly not in Pedersen league of dirtyness

Also I have rarely seen him go down when a rider has made a tough move on him. He generally does everything he can to stay up right. 

With BZ it will come down to staying strong mentally. A lot of pressure on a young rider and I think you can 'get at him' on the first lap and upset his rhythm. If you don't he's generally in another postcode

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, James Carter said:

I'm not a big BZ fan but I don't think he's that bad. Certainly not in Pedersen league of dirtyness

Also I have rarely seen him go down when a rider has made a tough move on him. He generally does everything he can to stay up right. 

With BZ it will come down to staying strong mentally. A lot of pressure on a young rider and I think you can 'get at him' on the first lap and upset his rhythm. If you don't he's generally in another postcode

BZ dishes out a lot but he does stay on the bike when it goes against him.     10 years ago Pedersen was completely ruthless but he has cleaned up his act and is now no worse than anyone else.  Did anyone get too upset with Lindgren last night bar Lambert.    No and Lambert beat him and we enjoyed the race.    Hard riding is great to watch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Best wishes to Martin Smolinski for a speedy recovery, the guy is in a bad way but still tried his best to score points.

Quickly recovered to score ok in Poland today.

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

BZ dishes out a lot but he does stay on the bike when it goes against him.     10 years ago Pedersen was completely ruthless but he has cleaned up his act and is now no worse than anyone else.  Did anyone get too upset with Lindgren last night bar Lambert.    No and Lambert beat him and we enjoyed the race.    Hard riding is great to watch.

It is Speedway not Chess!

• Like 1