British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe 2/8/19 @7.30pm

New week new team again. Should have more than enough to dispatch the scorpions tomorrow night and pick up 3 league points. 

Teams for Friday: 

edinburgh

1. Sam Masters 

2. James Sarjeant 

3. Josh Pickering 

4. Ricky Wells 

5. Cameron Heeps 

6. William Lawson 

7. Connor Coles 

Scunthorpe 

1. Jake Allen 

2. Danny Ayres 

3. Stefan Nielsen 

4. Josh Auty 

5. Ben Barker 

6. Ryan Kingsley 

7. Simon Lambert 

ohh , i dont know . could be a bit tighter than tight !

Edinburgh will but hopefully Scunthorpe will do better then last time and hopefully have 7 riders that actually make it to the track

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

ohh , i dont know . could be a bit tighter than tight !

Who cares what you think 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Who cares what you think 

Oh no , not you again  

its not what i think , its what i put down on here that gets people like you twitchy , mad and boring with digs at peoples posts  . can you put me on ignore  ?  cheers and thanks in advance ...

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

No weather problems today so hopefully an enjoyable night of racing. 

With the Scorpions being not the greatest of travellers & racing on a technical track does not bode well for an enjoyable night of racing.

The track will probably not be made to provide entertainment of a fair level, but that is your prerogative to make the track grippy to suit your riders. & for ours to adapt to.

This was what one of your supporters posted last time about the crowd level

"with not the greatest team at the dale in a tie that seemed a done deal i guess had something to do with it."

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

With the Scorpions being not the greatest of travellers & racing on a technical track does not bode well for an enjoyable night of racing.

The track will probably not be made to provide entertainment of a fair level, but that is your prerogative to make the track grippy to suit your riders. & for ours to adapt to.

This was what one of your supporters posted last time about the crowd level

"with not the greatest team at the dale in a tie that seemed a done deal i guess had something to do with it."

I did say hopefully. 

Don’t see what the crowd levels have to do with racing or anything for that matter. Bit anyway they’ve been down purely down to the fact we’ve been p!sh.

Yes, you did say hopefully but most go for an enjoyable meeting. Back in '06 & '07 we had an awesome team but I did not enjoy seeing 65-25 thumpings. Give me an entertaining, fair, raceable & rideable track for both teams(providing Schlein is not there) & the meeting goes down to heat 14 or 15 does it for me, win or lose(but preferably win).

I reposted part of his post because of the "not the greatest team" bit. Over the years we have never done well there. Hope your p!sh again tonight :t::rolleyes: so we can run you close & you & your fellow punters can have an enjoyable evening. 

Watched the meeting courtesy of EMTV...  Brilliant idea, great coverage (albeit a tad of a home bias :))… kudos to Edinburgh though for leading the way on this. I really enjoyed it , even though the Scorpions ended up on the wrong end of a beating.

One or two decent races... although racing generally pretty strung out and processional. I guess you can blame that on standard of opposition and quality of home teams top four.

Impressive show from Edinburgh's big hitters, you could see how comfortable and dialled in to their home track they are, was too easy for them....for Scunny, notable mentions for Danny Ayres and to a lesser extent Ben Barker, they gave their best shot.

Thanks again to EMTV, keep up the good work lads.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

Wish i had known about the coverage on EMTV. Especially if it was live.

live , but not free . you have to register and then you have to pay £10.00 . prob via paypal or something like that ...also you cannot live within 50 miles of Armadale . scunny should just about  sneak in there ....  but well worth a tenner if you wanted a bit o speedway with your mates around .. .well done Edinburgh on the E.M T .V .side of things 

• Like 2

A shout out to Danny Ayres. Gave it his all and wasn’t scared to ride the boards. Spoke to him very briefly after meeting and a nice guy. Good interaction with fans too.

Solid start for James deserved a paid win.

need reserves to try and pick up a point or two more.

17 minutes ago, jenga said:

live , but not free . you have to register and then you have to pay £10.00 . prob via paypal or something like that ...also you cannot live within 50 miles of Armadale . scunny should just about  sneak in there ....  but well worth a tenner if you wanted a bit o speedway with your mates around .. .well done Edinburgh on the E.M T .V .side of things 

The one thing I would say about this initiative is that I am not  aMonarchs fan ,but live only 35 mls from track,I would pay to see some matches that I though might be decent.Pity.

Good to see some forward thinking from the Promotion though.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The one thing I would say about this initiative is that I am not  aMonarchs fan ,but live only 35 mls from track,I would pay to see some matches that I though might be decent.Pity.

Good to see some forward thinking from the Promotion though.

so how are they going to know if you live within the 50 mile zone ? you will only be giving them your e mail address and it prob go through a secure site like paypal . bank sort code etc ? no one will give anyone your details if you do it right .  your bank address does not mean nothing . its just where you bank . give it a go . i am going to .