British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe 2/8/19 @7.30pm

15 minutes ago, jenga said:

so how are they going to know if you live within the 50 mile zone ? you will only be giving them your e mail address and it prob go through a secure site like paypal . bank sort code etc ? no one will give anyone your details if you do it right .  your bank address does not mean nothing . its just where you bank . give it a go . i am going to .

They just might ask for your Home Address.!

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

thats data protection. they cannot do it .  use mine ! ! lol 

your tenner is just as good as the guys/gals  living 51 miles away . 

Edited by jenga

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Just make one up.

the problem is that they do not know your circumstances  , ie traveling ,bus . train and also relying on a lift to armadale . they need your money , its as simple as that ...

on 

Just now, jenga said:

the problem is that they do not know your circumstances  , ie traveling ,bus . train and also relying on a lift to armadale . they need your money , its as simple as that ...

on 

Think your  right regarding needing your money, it’s probably better getting Tenner from a Monarchs fan sitting the House.Their admission prices are a bit over the top IMO 

• Like 1

ah well . off to cuddle the pillow. a wee bit goosed with all that sun . stay safe and happy people , g,night .

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so how are they going to know if you live within the 50 mile zone ? 

My best guess is that they are using an HTML5 geolocation service based on the text on the live stream page, which states the following:

"You may buy access to the stream from any location however your internet browser will request your location before loading the stream player.

If your location is unavailable, or your deny access to your location, you will not be able to view the stream
."

Those services are pretty accurate on many devices but not so much if you are using a device without wifi or gps capability, but I guess they are happy that's good enough.

An example of the deficiency of this system is that when I am using my VDI at work in central Edinburgh, it would almost always show as being outside the 50 mile range due to the way we choose to route our network traffic. Normally our traffic exits from one of our datacentres in Southern England and IP geolocation is the only option available on that device...although, knowing my luck, if I was ever working a Friday night we'd be routing out our Edinburgh datacentre that day :rolleyes:

Edited by HenryW
  • Thanks 1

Surely a proxy server would get around it? There is the odd meeting I cannot attend but would happily pay to watch it from home.  

Was an OK meeting on a difficult track with several riders finding it hard at times.  Auty and Allen never troubled scorers and despite reserves scoring well scunny never in with a shout.  Pat on the back to Ayres tho great meet for him and had a good chat with before the meeting. 

Monarchs done what was needed.  Masters, Wells, Heeps and Picko as expected Sarj looked very slow and apart from heat 2 Lawson was nowhere (altho his crash won't have helped). Another unlucky night for Coles who fell on the very last bend while leading heat 2.  He will get there and worth persevering with.  

Track prep was all wrong today far to heavy and looked like watered to much, hopefully sorted for next week.  

Haven’t looked at the mathematics but can our boys put everything into at least trying to get into the playoffs..I think they are under achieving with the quality they are capable of...so frustrating 

Allen Barker auty as heat leaders then Ayres who can chuck in big scores and then lambert with his experience at reserve is chucking in the odd big scores and we are still losing...I’m erm 

13 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’d be gutted if my team’s heatleaders were Auty, Allen and Barker. Really weak

seemed like they were at one time , weak i mean !

10 hours ago, jenga said:

live , but not free . you have to register and then you have to pay £10.00 . prob via paypal or something like that ...also you cannot live within 50 miles of Armadale . scunny should just about  sneak in there ....  but well worth a tenner if you wanted a bit o speedway with your mates around .. .well done Edinburgh on the E.M T .V .side of things 

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The one thing I would say about this initiative is that I am not  aMonarchs fan ,but live only 35 mls from track,I would pay to see some matches that I though might be decent.Pity.

Good to see some forward thinking from the Promotion though.

Why would you have a 50 mile exclusion zone anyway ?

Is it just to stop fake Glasgow fans watching them ? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

A Vpn would get round this, but well done to Edinburgh with this initiative.