British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe 2/8/19 @7.30pm

8 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Allen Barker auty as heat leaders then Ayres who can chuck in big scores and then lambert with his experience at reserve is chucking in the odd big scores and we are still losing...I’m erm 

Can all be stunning riders on their day.........but inconsistency, in my opinion, is the problem with a lineup like this. 

Track was awful last night. Flooded it before the start for some unknown reason and turned it to an ice rink for the first 4/5 races then I just became on the outside and nothing anywhere else on the track. 

Still a win is a win we weren’t fantastic but got the job done in the end.

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Track was awful last night. Flooded it before the start for some unknown reason and turned it to an ice rink for the first 4/5 races then I just became on the outside and nothing anywhere else on the track. 

Still a win is a win we weren’t fantastic but got the job done in the end.

Think Wells and Masters want it grippy,the rest have to take what they get:P

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think Wells and Masters want it grippy,the rest have to take what they get:P

Don’t think the amount of dirt was the issue. It was the amount of water put down just before start time, flooded the place.

28 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t think the amount of dirt was the issue. It was the amount of water put down just before start time, flooded the place.

Got to agree about the track. My heart always sinks when I arrive at the stadium on a fine day to find the track's been flooded - which happens quite a lot. It always produces terrible racing for the first few heats, with riders struggling to turn, then improves gradually to produce better but still not great racing. Think they might need to look along the M8 to get some advice on track preparation (used to be the other way round).

On a positive note - Danny Ayres! The most exciting rider on track and a great character off it - check out his interview on this weeks Friday Focus https://youtu.be/mDOzLGyBs9U

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wouldn't the heat be an issue?  Any less water and the crowd would have been covered in dust at some point! 

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Wouldn't the heat be an issue?  Any less water and the crowd would have been covered in dust at some point! 

The heat wouldn’t of been an issue last night. Not last night they wouldn’t have track wasn’t drying out even before they added the extra water. It might of needed a slight spray half way through the meeting if they hadn’t watered before start time but the amount that was put on spoiled the track.

8 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It was a nice mild evening last night, but not that hot. There was certainly no dust but some on the third bend did get covered in flying muck during some heats!