British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Glasgow fans at the meeting? Where?

There were half a dozen on bend 2 & hats off to them for making the trip.

Craig Cook should be shown the door by Glasgow...even if it means not winning the league.

Sport would be better without him

Sorry couldn't resist - we could always cancel Richards loan deal with you

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

There was a few on the pits bend.

Silent

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Glasgow fans at the meeting? Where?

There was glasgow fans in attendance tonight , sadly have to say there experience was not good . 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Sorry couldn't resist - we could always cancel Richards loan deal with you

And deprive a ride of wages. Just shows you have not caught up with the power that speedway riders have. You would have an injunction faster than you can say Craig Cook who, I have now been told, has a very wide vocabulary.

• Like 1

Just now, Tigeratheart said:

There was glasgow fans in attendance tonight , sadly have to say there experience was not good . 

Silent. Probably totally embarrassed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Silent

3 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Silent

Silent. Probably totally embarrassed.

Don't think they could be heard over the boos!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Don't think they could be heard over the boos!!!!

Which were richly deserved.

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

And deprive a ride of wages. Just shows you have not caught up with the power that speedway riders have. You would have an injunction faster than you can say Craig Cook who, I have now been told, has a very wide vocabulary.

Thing is Richard likes us and the Glasgow fans love him and he would really like to be riding on a speedway track but currently needs must, just saying. Now if Cookie gets a ban and with our millions hey its not rocket science

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Thing is Richard likes us and the Glasgow fans love him and he would really like to be riding on a speedway track but currently needs must, just saying. Now if Cookie gets a ban and with our millions hey its not rocket science

Hilarious. You have no idea, no idea at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Hilarious. You have no idea, no idea at all. 

We will see. Remember two of the reasons Richard left, with our best wishes, are no longer an issue.

Just back after a thoroughly enjoyable night down there as a neutral.

Others have described the events well, and it was directly in front of us so we had a ringside seat of it all.  Cook pathetic frankly and should get a ban, although there were a few swings and a few kicks aimed by others.  I thought one of the boot swingers was Martin Dugard but it happened so quick it might have been someone else similarly dressed.

The comments made pre-meeting over the mic by Jon Cook, Dugard and the announcer wound things up definitely tho and i even said to the person i was with, that Craig Cook is unstable at the best of times and i forecast some kind of kick off with him at some point.  That some point was about a minute later tho which was a bit quicker than i figured tho.

No idea what went on with Cook and his 2 mins exclusion but instead of perhaps winning his first and shutting the crowd up for a bit, by the time he came out the meeting was pretty much gone. it was as if the whole team had lost their nerve and the tie was a dead duck very early really.  

Lovely day in general tho - fish and chips, ice cream, few lagers and the speedway all made for a good day out.

Kudos to the glasgow fans who travelled - and also very sane words from their promoter chap who spoke and spoke well after the meeting.

I was a neutral tonight and loved every minute of it tho.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Just back after a thoroughly enjoyable night down there as a neutral.

Others have described the events well, and it was directly in front of us so we had a ringside seat of it all.  Cook pathetic frankly and should get a ban, although there were a few swings and a few kicks aimed by others.  I thought one of the boot swingers was Martin Dugard but it happened so quick it might have been someone else similarly dressed.

The comments made pre-meeting over the mic by Jon Cook, Dugard and the announcer wound things up definitely tho and i even said to the person i was with, that Craig Cook is unstable at the best of times and i forecast some kind of kick off with him at some point.  That some point was about a minute later tho which was a bit quicker than i figured tho.

No idea what went on with Cook and his 2 mins exclusion but instead of perhaps winning his first and shutting the crowd up for a bit, by the time he came out the meeting was pretty much gone. it was as if the whole team had lost their nerve and the tie was a dead duck very early really.  

Lovely day in general tho - fish and chips, ice cream, few lagers and the speedway all made for a good day out.

Kudos to the glasgow fans who travelled - and also very sane words from their promoter chap who spoke and spoke well after the meeting.

I was a neutral tonight and loved every minute of it tho.  

That little bit of instability from Cookie is part of what makes him great when he is racing for you....I loved it when he was a Monarch.

Now he is a Tiger, I agree he should get a ban :unsure::rofl:

There is always something going on at Eastbourne and always has been....I still have memories of visits there in the 80s and 90s where we came away infuriated at how things had gone down, usually with Bob Dugard at the centre of events. It's nice to hear that Martin is keeping the family tradition alive!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HenryW said:

That little bit of instability from Cookie is part of what makes him great when he is racing for you....I loved it when he was a Monarch.

Now he is a Tiger, I agree he should get a ban :unsure::rofl:

There is always something going on at Eastbourne and always has been....I still have memories of visits there in the 80s and 90s where we came away infuriated at how things had gone down, usually with Bob Dugard at the centre of events. It's nice to hear that Martin is keeping the family tradition alive!

As I said before, it was Craig Cook who bears the responsibility. 

Shameful that he should ride his bike into a member of the track staff who was trying to protect other riders, officials and CHILDREN. 

The SCB must act.