British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I love these threads.

Elsewhere we keep being told there are no characters in the sport, how great it used to be with controversy, riders throwing punches, brawls and more..

Yet as soon as anything happens everyone is up in arms.

When riders assault track staff(allegedly) ,that’s a different ball game though.

• Like 5

Knowing how sticky the Glasgow finances from their statement pre season has Cook just played a part in closing his employers down? I would imagine a cup final would have brought in much needed money. 

• Haha 1

If Cook gets a ban for his actions will he be banned for Kings Lynn too?

Or...

Could the person doing the hearing deem it 'in the interests of Speedway' for him to continue riding for them..?

:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

When riders assault track staff(allegedly) ,that’s a different ball game though.

But apparently the only person kicked out the stadium was a member of the track staff. Nobody wants to elaborate on that point though! 

23 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I love these threads.

Elsewhere we keep being told there are no characters in the sport, how great it used to be with controversy, riders throwing punches, brawls and more..

I agree but it was a bit more than that.

Handbags between two helmeted riders is one thing but a helmeted rider against track staff is another. Plus it was everything else and in my mond the refusal to ride in heat 1.

I do agree with some comments that the ref could have handled things better. I was amazed that after all that took place, he put the two minutes on without go back down to talk to riders and staff to calm things down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

But apparently the only person kicked out the stadium was a member of the track staff. Nobody wants to elaborate on that point though! 

We have to wait till the dust settles on this one.Will the truth prevail though ,it will be the usual whitewash.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Interesting. Where did you get that from?  I am pretty sure the one that Craig went at stayed but cant swearit!

28 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I love these threads.

When was the last time an Eastbourne thread went to 10 pages?

suggests we need a bit more than 15 x 4 laps to stir up interest:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Many a time we have had this much, especially over the last 4years when riding in the National League. Where riders don't question the track conditions like last night and just get on with their racing as they should do.

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

We have to wait till the dust settles on this one.Will the truth prevail though ,it will be the usual whitewash.

Whitewash

Craig Cook is just an absolute tool, always has been and always will be . 

Things dont go his way his toys come out the pram. Does he honestly think headbutting a track staff member with his helmet still on is hard and macho like? Tool.

Wont be long till he messes with the wrong rider/person and gets knocked out cold. Be a brilliant day all round when that happens.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

I love these threads.

Having two riders squaring up after a race or an incident is one thing, when a rider gets into a scuffle with a member of the track staff is quite another.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, screm said:

Having two riders squaring up after a race or an incident is one thing, when a rider gets into a scuffle with a member of the track staff is quite another.

And riding your bike into a member of track staff is even worse . But there we are!

Cant comment on the incidents from last night as wasn't there. But if there was a disregarding of red flags followed by assault , there could and should be serious repercussions. I must admit its strange that there may of been safety concern over track by a rider who then decides to put other people at risk with alleged actions. Hey ho only in speedway :D

• Like 1