British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

3 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I believe a few forum members were in the visiting Glasgow fans last night near us by the pits - if they were, the whole incident was directly in front of them. 

I'm sure once they are back home we may see a balanced view, or i hope so anyway.

they dare not say anything bad about what happened last night , its a cult thing .

11 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

1 - Cook was riding on the track when he shouldn't have been, so its not quite as black and white as that.  The flag guy was on the track stopping the riders from going before the introductions were completed but Cook and the other 2 started up and rode out regardless.  So flag man didn't encroach as he was already there.  Cook if anything encroached onto the track before allowed to do so. 

2 - Vissing had a hissy fit as he pulled his cut-out out at the tapes and couldn't get re-started in time before the 2mins was up.  He then went thru the tapes and was in semi heated discussion with Dugard who was removing the busted tapes from around the bike by the pits.  I guess he perhaps got a few verbals from the crowd on back straight and couldn't deal with them. 

Thank you for your reply. I don’t think anything from last night, apart from the final result, is black and white. Gutted I missed it. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Aviator said:

It was corrected before the meeting started so was of little relevance. The real issue is, that I would hate to see one of our more talented rising stars infected by the likes of Craig Cook and his less than sportsmanlike behaviours. Hopefully the Chairman of the BSPA who is one of his employers has already posted his P45.

And re-appeared pretty quickly. You cant push new material into a crater then expect it to pack in like the rest of the track. Expected better.

Edited by MD
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cook has a tendency to let himself and his fans down every so often,think he is mentally fragile.Not a  nice situation to in ,hope he seeks some help.

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

life in the most precious thing on earth . how would you like to be driven at speed on a bike with no brakes . craig aimed for this person with the RED flag and then swung his head , complete with helmet and sharp visor at the track guys head . (going by the updates site ) maybe kids are maturing/growing up quicker , i see you have not reached that level of maturity yet . .

i would say you are 45 , with the maturity of a 5 yr old . some parents shield their kids from stuff like this and here you are saying its ok . 

looks like the triplets have another member to add to their squad . whats your name going to be ball bagg . yea , that will do . 

grow up and get out of the glasgow cult way of thinking .

i hope the poor guy concerned takes cook to court for assault with a deadly weapon .

I take it this is a reply to my post? I would of loved to Driven at speed on a bike with no brakes, it was an ambition of mine as a youngster. I’ll answer the question I think you were trying to ask, I would not like to be driven at by someone on a bike with no brakes. However I would not be stupid enough to put myself in that position. 

You are wrong on both counts I have not yet reached 40 and I have a fairly mature head on my shoulders. I don’t have any kids so I don’t have any responsibility to shield anyone from anything. I am saying that kids are exposed to a lot more violence/blood/guts during their internet/gaming escapades than I was. The internet is ruining children’s childhoods. I don’t condone it but I am wise enough to realise what is happening in the world and nothing we can do will change it. 

i am in no way part of a cult, I have not been brainwashed by anyone. I merely appreciate my speedway team and everything that the owners have done for us. The same way you appreciated Laura before she buried your team.

you should really take a day off of hating Glasgow and enjoy the sport from afar. Everyone wants to moan about our great sport even when people are investing in it. Your backward thinking country bumpkin views are chronic, all they do is show bitter jealousy towards Glasgow. I sorely miss my trips to Workington but there is a tiny(minute)  bit of me that is happy that you don’t have any speedway to watch as you blatantly don’t deserve it

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MD said:

And re-appeared pretty quickly. You cant push new material into a crater then expect it to pack in like the rest of the track. Expected better.

Why no complaints or issues then after the meeting started ?  

7 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Why no complaints or issues then after the meeting started ?  

Asking the wrong person.

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Asking the wrong person.

Exactly.  There were no problems at all with the track during the meeting.  And no issue "re-appeared quickly".

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 1

Used to regularly visit Arlington when I was rich, young and foolish. Nothing has changed by the sound of things.

The late Bob Dugard would prepare the track to perfection for the home team. He used to regularly "wind up"   the opposition by nearly running them over with his tractor whilst they were still being attended to by the St Johns medical staff, and would blatantly stop any away riders taking a lap after winning a race by pulling out on the tractor in front of them.

Seems that the family tradition of antagonising the opposition has been continued by son Martin and his go-fer Jon Cook  (co- promoter ?)  .

If there is any action taken , I would suggest that :-

1) Jon Cook is reprimanded for allegedly goading the crowd with his petty remarks, clearly inflaming a delicate situation. 

2) Craig Cook is reprimanded for allegedly ignoring clear flag signals from an marshall  No professional racing motorcyclist can ignore ANY flag signal from a marshall.  NO EXCUSES.

Whatever action is taken , Eastbourne's promotion should be warned by the BSPA that they are treading on a very fine line with their overt partisan behaviour to whip up support and hostile reaction from their home crowd. Some of the earlier pre season statements in the press by the Jon Cook were IMO inflammatory towards any opposition team at Arlington.   

Speedway has always been a family sport free of the ugly scenes we so often see at football matches. Long may it continue.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MD said:

No it didn't because nobody rode over it. It was far to close to the kerb.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sugarray said:

No it didn't because nobody rode over it. It was far to close to the kerb.

Exactly. When I saw the bit that were whining about i couldn’t get it because it was so close that it would barely be touched in normal racing. 

Its getting a bit tedious now lets just wait and see what transpires then all guilty or innocent parties can move on. 

Whether punishments are given to any or all is down to the powers that decide this , as for Glasgow sacking Craig Cook that is just absurd i am sure our management team will deal with it internally and PRIVATELY.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Exactly.  There were no problems at all with the track during the meeting.  And no issue "re-appeared quickly".

Wish i had taken a photo now

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Its getting a bit tedious now lets just wait and see what transpires then all guilty or innocent parties can move on. 

Whether punishments are given to any or all is down to the powers that decide this , as for Glasgow sacking Craig Cook that is just absurd i am sure our management team will deal with it internally and PRIVATELY.

Well said GazC, its all getting a bit much , some folk want Cookie hung drawn and quartered. 

1 minute ago, MD said:

Wish i had taken a photo now

Same here. It rode fine tho surely you saw that ?