British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

If people are saying Glasgow were wrong in initially complaining about the track, then why was there work carried out on the track after the complaint and before the start?   Just curious.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ragdoll64 said:

If people are saying Glasgow were wrong in initially complaining about the track, then why was there work carried out on the track after the complaint and before the start?   Just curious.....

I would hazard a guess at the track was sh*ite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Its getting a bit tedious now lets just wait and see what transpires then all guilty or innocent parties can move on. 

Whether punishments are given to any or all is down to the powers that decide this , as for Glasgow sacking Craig Cook that is just absurd i am sure our management team will deal with it internally and PRIVATELY.

Like they did when they signed young kyle

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Like they did when they signed young kyle

You don't like us much what are you blabering about now what about young Kyle.

You talk in riddles ffs. 

6 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

A bit of extra shale was dumped on a tiny part of it. 

40 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You don't like us much what are you blabering about now what about young Kyle.

You talk in riddles ffs. 

Which do u think is the wosrt crime someome setting off fire alarm or ignoring a red flag fighting with staff and being a pain in the arse, if the glasgow management had any spine cook would be out the door , and u and every other glasgow fan knows it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jenga said:

sorry , i will ask you one question .have YOU  ever been head butted by anyone wearing a crash helmet , they are pretty hard . they aint made of play doh .plus the peak could cause life changing injuries . if its fighting you want , get yourself down town and see what its like . then you can become the  town character  . 

Which suggests it wasn't a headbutt at all, more likely a close up exchange of words.

I didn't say I wanted fighting, just pointed out the utter hypocrisy that is shown.... every single time.

As for repercussions?

Next time Eastbourne face Glasgow the crowd will be well up on the norm, that is for sure.

I wonder how many pages this will go to ? Think the topic has been done to death. Obviously most folk want Craig hung drawn and quartered, but I tell you he puts bums on seats at Glasgow and is box office.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, have chatted to my in laws and then parents about these goings on this morning and both said how in the seventies it happened pretty much every week. I’m not saying that there wasn’t stuff last night which might have crossed the line but you almost feel like there are people around the forum and social media who are champing at the bit for the first opportunity to be outraged by something. 

There was a major punch up at Monmore between Wolves and Eastbourne, a member of the Wolves track staff literally flipped Trevor Geer's son in the air over his head, WWE style. Next thing David Norris is chasing him through the crowd, weapon in hand. I highly doubt anything last night came close.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Anyone else enjoying this thread? :cheers::D

• Like 4

There were plenty of punch ups when i first started going to speedway, but it's a trend that died out with time. Last night was the first brawl I've seen before a meeting has started.

23 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

There was a major punch up at Monmore between Wolves and Eastbourne, a member of the Wolves track staff literally flipped Trevor Geer's son in the air over his head, WWE style. Next thing David Norris is chasing him through the crowd, weapon in hand. I highly doubt anything last night came close.

Didn't think Norris was that way inclined, was he not done for indecent exposure

36 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Which suggests it wasn't a headbutt at all, more likely a close up exchange of words.

I didn't say I wanted fighting, just pointed out the utter hypocrisy that is shown.... every single time.

As for repercussions?

Next time Eastbourne face Glasgow the crowd will be well up on the norm, that is for sure.

football starts soon . i will be looking out for players putting their heads into other players heads/faces . i think its a straight red and orf you jolly well go .

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I would hazard a guess at the track was sh*ite.

should have suited your lot down to the ground then ! why were they complaining then ?

• Sad 1

just to add my bit , and i was there . the track marshal moved infront of twit for brains with a red flag because him and two other tigers had already ignored 3 or 4 read lights which the ref had put on when the 3 riders moved off. 

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1