Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

Great to see Eastbourne back in Speedway at high level,I shall watch with interest over the rest of the season to see if similar conditions prevail.All the Glasgow win at all costs moaners suspect Eastbourne have a similar will to win

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Which do u think is the wosrt crime someome setting off fire alarm or ignoring a red flag fighting with staff and being a pain in the arse, if the glasgow management had any spine cook would be out the door , and u and every other glasgow fan knows it.

Why would we sack him that is just stupid.

Your esp must have some coverage if you can tell every Glasgow fan knows it.

i can see a wee brown package heading ?  carpet sweep ,mat . lol 

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Same here. It rode fine tho surely you saw that ?

As it was inspected by ref and trainee afterwards and both were more than happy that it didn't reappear.

Think The Doc is closer to the truth.

• Like 1

Home promoters have always prepared their tracks to suit the home riders. It's been going on since the sport started.

• Like 3

First, who pushed the Glasgow rider off, was it themselves? Second, why was the trackstaff member standing on the track? H&S dictates that they must stay lnside the markers {3mtrs}{?}

• Like 3

This can always happen at any Sport event. When it does it isnt great. There was trouble in a Super League(Rugby) match yesterday too. Thankfully incidents like this in Speedway are rare. It will be dealt with. The worst part is that kids witnessed it. But even there, Adults at football matches are clearly gesturing all sorts and coming out with every swear word possible. Its nowt.

6 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

First, who pushed the Glasgow rider off, was it themselves? Second, why was the trackstaff member standing on the track? H&S dictates that they must stay lnside the markers {3mtrs}{?}

Surely that rule only applies during racing. Otherwise how would they get onto the centre green in the first place? Airlifted by helicopter?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

That’s it Glasgow are all about entertainment and not winning. Nonsense.

you prepare a surface to suit your own team, everyone does so to say that you don’t is again nonsense.

Ashfield isn’t exactly the friendliest of places, had a good few numpties looking for bother on the 4th bend and seen a good few hand gestures being made down the main stand. However every track has them. Never mind the heavy handed stewards these days either.

Sadly yet again you are unable to read and interpret a sentence. I said our track staff prepare a track to provide entertainment and my god they generally do. I didn't say we don't care about winning and I didn't say we don't prepare our track to suit our team.

Re the 4th bend numpties that's no way to talk about fellow monarchs fans but I know who you mean. 

Re heavy handed stewards we treat all numpties the same, you can't stand on or view from the passages and steps painted yellow during racing - simple. 

Edited by SharpenRake

21 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Their mechanics ? 

Also, i assumed it was just me that often ignored large chunks of threads but it seems not.  The trackstaff were  on the track because the introductions were happening and there was people all over the track.  It was the bikes who shouldnt have been riding round at that point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Anyone else enjoying this thread? :cheers::D

Loving it.  First meeting i go to in years and finally i can take part in a decent discussion that doesn't involve me calling starman a pillock!

• Haha 7

Best thread on here in ages!! Sounds like a class night out and the sort of night that we miss these days. Reminds me of an Eastbourne Swindon cup tie a few years back where the Dugards were causing rubbishe and it all went ** up for them in heat 15 at Swindon in the decider! Don't really remember a better atmosphere at Swindon ever!

• Like 1

I did not attend this meeting, but have viewed the video of the Craig Cook incident, I am not a Craig Cook fan but the footage clearly shows the marshal  step into the path of Cook and his bike (with no brakes). While none of the ensuing mayhem can be condoned, none of this would have happened had the marshal not stepped in front of Cooks bike as he went to pass on the left hand side of the marshal  

Edited by TBC
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TBC said:

I did not attend this meeting, but have viewed the video of the Craig Cook incident, I am not a Craig Cook fan but the footage clearly shows the marshal  step into the path of Cook and his bike (with no brakes). While none of the ensuing mayhem can condoned, none of this would have happened had the marshal not stepped in front of Cooks bike as he went to pass on the left hand side of the marshal       

I'd love to see that vid as the person with me was videoing it all but put the phone down when it all kicked off so the juicy bits are only audio.  

I would take exception with the "none of this would have happened" bit. They weren't supposed to be riding round anyway at that point, so surely that was the trigger for it all.  The marshalls i'm sure were angling for whichever rider got round first and were gonna confront them, but still, the riders shouldnt have been out at that point should they.