British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

I agree with the previous poster.

Also it's now over 48hrs since the incident and nothing yet announced by the authorities.

Edited by Triple.H.

Well looking at the footage it clear to me that the marshall walks into Craig Cook's path.

It is not brightest thing to do walk in front of rider on a bike whilst in motion.

That was definitely not a headbutt in was a shoulder barge.

For me its the actions of an over zealous marshall. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, spin king said:

Well looking at the footage it clear to me that the marshall walks into Craig Cook's path.

It is not brightest thing to do walk in front of rider on a bike whilst in motion.

That was definitely not a headbutt in was a shoulder barge.

For me its the actions of an over zealous marshall. 

I agree .

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Video of the Cook incident.  I don't think he did ride into the Marshall, who seemed to move into his path as Cook tried to avoid him. Reading posts seemed like he aimed for him. Also don't see a headbutt more a shoulder barge (can see him dip shoulder to push him with it) but with the helmet peak that sticks out it was a stupid move.  

I don't condone his actions and he should never had been on track for this incident to happen.  Some sort of fine/ban should still be in place for his actions leading to the 'brawl'.

This is only my opinion from watching the short video. 

If you think cook tried to avoid him then best get to the opticians, watching that cook had no intention of trying to avoid or slow down imo 

• Haha 1

Christ alive. Y'all haven't half made a mountain out of a molehill. If you're going to walk into the path of a bike, then expect to get hit...

And a headbutt? Where? 

• Like 9

Think some of u need to get to specsavers, vid shows cook hit flag man then headbutts him if u cant see that get some specs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Think some of u need to get to specsavers, vid shows cook hit flag man then headbutts him if u cant see that get some specs.

Think your the one that should go to spec savers!!! Sharpish.

• Like 2

Marshall is walking infield then takes 2 steps to left. Not a deliberate running into. Poor reaction from Craig but having seen it several times it looks more like a shoulder charge than a deliberate headbutt. However the Marshall could have been injured by Craig's visor and equally Craig could have been hurt by collision too. Both in the wrong to some extent and disappointed in our captain's reaction BUT it's nowhere near as bad as has been made out. Reeks of a witch hunt and not very dignified.

• Like 7

If someone walks out in front of a guy on a bike with no brakes it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out he will get hit. Why did he take 2 steps to the left?! Cook may have overreacted but he's hardly likely to get off and shake the guys hand when he's almost caused him to fall off his bike! 

Interesting that the video is over 3 mins long but Eastbourne have chosen to release just 18 seconds, I wonder what happened in the remaining 2.5 mins that we haven't been shown!! 

• Like 1

So now we have the truth.

Cook did NOT aim his bike at a marshall, indeed it looks like he was headed for the pits gate to ride off the track?

The marshall steps in front of him.

Cook did NOT headbutt the marshall as I suspected. He put his shoulder into him, likely angry at being stepped in front of which could have been very dangerous.

All that said, the riders were wrong to set off with the red flags waving.. but from that clip, they weren't going into a corner fast and appeared to be heading off the track.. as you do when the red flag is waved.. IF that is the pits gate we can see.

• Like 9

Cook has got previous, when it comes to clashes, with marshals and their authority. This time, the marshal was asking for trouble, moving in front of Cook. I should imagine, Cook was pretty shocked at what the marshal did and that probably caused, his angry response (not saying it was justified). Its a classic case of two wrongs, don't make a right. Cook should not have been on track and the marshal, should know better, than to walk in front of a moving speedway bike. Cook did not handle it great, but there was provocation there. Cook should have been tackled, when he got back to the pits.

• Like 4

The guy with the flag seemed to walk into Cooks path, then looks like he raises his right arm towards Cook, or gestures to him. Best let Browell Smith & Co sort it out. It looks like someones actions led to the altercation.

Complete lack of professionalism from someone who allegedly is Chairman. If the incident is under investigation all footage should be embargoed and with the investigating authority until the matter comes to an official conclusion. As for releasing an edited video of part of events, just pathetic. Perhaps in retirement he misses the attention.

• Like 2

Just now, MD said:

Complete lack of professionalism from someone who allegedly is Chairman. If the incident is under investigation all footage should be embargoed and with the investigating authority until the matter comes to an official conclusion. As for releasing an edited video of part of events, just pathetic. Perhaps in retirement he misses the attention.

It's quite hilarious that Dugard things the video evidence backs up his comments!

• Like 4