British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

From the video it looks to me that the flag Marshall is gesturing with the flag and pointing with his right arm to indicate that he wants Craig to exit the track onto the infield which is why he has stepped to his left because he has indicated for the rider to go to his right. It doesn't look to me like either the Marshall deliberately stepped in his path or that Cook deliberately rode into him, more a misunderstanding.

Certainly Cook lunged at him in anger but I wouldn't call that a deliberate head butt.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

From the video it looks to me that the flag Marshall is gesturing with the flag and pointing with his right arm to indicate that he wants Craig to exit the track onto the infield which is why he has stepped to his left because he has indicated for the rider to go to his right. It doesn't look to me like either the Marshall deliberately stepped in his path or that Cook deliberately rode into him, more a misunderstanding.

Certainly Cook lunged at him in anger but I wouldn't call that a deliberate head butt.

Me either, although the bit he is pointing towards was where all the people were lined up so maybe he was kinda gesturing that people were still there. 

Who knows..  

2 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Me either, although the bit he is pointing towards was where all the people were lined up so maybe he was kinda gesturing that people were still there. 

Who knows..  

I'm thinking that maybe he wanted the rider to park up on the infield and continue his practice lap when the presentation was finished but I take your point.

As you say, who knows for sure? Only the people involved. 

I remember years ago being invited onto the centre green at Eastbourne to watch a race from the start line which was quite an experience. Probably wouldn't be able to do it now though!

12 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Scuse me ?  I was there, there was a marshall on the back straight waving his red flag.  I'm a Reading fan, i actually wanted Glasgow to win on the night so i've got no agenda at all.   When the rest of Dugards video is released you'll see it went way further than that little snippet.   

I dont give two hoots if anyone gets charged or not, but it wasn't some small little incident.  Others will get in trouble i'm sure, Dugard possibly being one of them i would say. 

Scuse ME....you intimated that the riders were pushed off whilst the marshall was waving his flag???  

The whole crux of what was being alleged here was that Craig Cook deliberately ran his bike into a marshall and that he then head butted him. This caused numerous people to maliciously verbally attack and accuse Craig on this forum and those two allegations have just been proven to be totally wrong. That is the point I was making......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ragdoll64 said:

Scuse ME....you intimated that the riders were pushed off whilst the marshall was waving his flag???  

The whole crux of what was being alleged here was that Craig Cook deliberately ran his bike into a marshall and that he then head butted him. This caused numerous people to maliciously verbally attack and accuse Craig on this forum and those two allegations have just been proven to be totally wrong. That is the point I was making......

i am intimating that yes - a marshall on the back straight had his red flag up as the bikes moved off.  Obviously not the same marshall involved the aggro but still.

And as i said before, when the rest of that video is shown, you'll see that no matter what the hell happened and whoever caused it, it was a ridiculous spectacle that got way out of hand, caused by the original issue of being on the track when they shouldn't have been.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Who knows..  

"Once upon a time..........."   lol

Just now, ragdoll64 said:

"Once upon a time..........."   lol

Christ almighty.  

Just now, ragdoll64 said:

Yes Father?.....................touché 

It's like dealing with starman. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

i am intimating that yes - a marshall on the back straight had his red flag up as the bikes moved off.  Obviously not the same marshall involved the aggro but still.

And as i said before, when the rest of that video is shown, you'll see that no matter what the hell happened and whoever caused it, it was a ridiculous spectacle that got way out of hand, caused by the original issue of being on the track when they shouldn't have been.  

1 minute ago, The Doctor... said:

It's like dealing with starman. 

You're the one making things up.........now you're saying the marshall waved his flag AS the riders were pushed off.....make up your mind. 

Anyhow, you carry on doing what you do....I've seen enough to be happy to continue to support Craig and Glasgow Tigers....Over and Out

2 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

"Me either, although the bit he is pointing towards was where all the people were lined up so maybe he was kinda gesturing that people were still there. 

Who knows.."

Kinda looks that way to me too, possibly the marshal said something to Cook at the same time, along the lines of "stop, the track isn't clear".  No, I'm not trying to be funny or excusing Cook's reaction, just sayin'.  Also presumably there is an agreed system of signals at Eastbourne to indicate whether the track is 'green' or 'live', that is it's free from obstacles or people, and riders are free to be pushed off and ride around albeit not necessarily at full racing speed....

10 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Christ alive. Y'all haven't half made a mountain out of a molehill. If you're going to walk into the path of a bike, then expect to get hit...

And a headbutt? Where? 

I think the video proves this is all a bit of a storm in a teacup and most of the reports on Saturday night were wildly exaggerated. 

I expect a fine but don’t see there being the ban that many seem to be salivating for. 

• Like 4

Some valid points here. Opinions clearly polarised.

showing a few seconds of a clip of 3 minutes is at best stupid and worst ----well you decide.

Martin Dugard who I understood was no part of Eastbourne Speedway any more but Owner of the Stadium has done no one least of all himself any favours in releasing this.

The clip proves nothing either way without showing what happened before or after it.

In making public it makes SCB decision far harder now that it is in the public domain

I'm told by friend (Poole fan who was there) that both Glasgow and Eastbourne Speedway Directors  (Facenna and Jordan) spoke after the meeting to Crowd very calmly and respectful of each other, got a round of applause from the crowd;  and may be it should have been left there until the SCB made a judgement.  

morning everyone . 

now the dust has settled on the eastbourne V glasgow meeting we are a bit more clearer as to what went on @ arlington .  the miss information from the person  (grant) sending the txts from the track , he gave the words to youngy , (TRUE OR FALSE )  i dont think youngy put a bit more spice on the txt .

craig and his pusher for entering the track while the presentation was still ongoing  i think he should have waited until the presentation was finished .. the marshal for stepping in front of the bike .. in the heat of the moment everyone was not thinking straight and tempers went sky high . 

i dont think there should be any fines or bans , just a word in everyones ear should do it . feel sorry for the glasgow supporters for the distance they travelled to end up involved in that meeting. buts whats done is done , it is what it is as they say .

lots of posters were given bad/wrong info from various sources from both updates and the bsf sites  ............   freddie starr ate my hamster, remember that ?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Well this has been blown well out of proportion not like the BSF to do that.

It sounded as if world war 3  had broken out on Saturday , it turns out to be handbags at dawn wit much ado about well as the video proves nothing.

If anything the marshall was doing the hokey cokey he didn't know whether to go left or right 

• Like 3