British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Well this has been blown well out of proportion not like the BSF to do that.

It sounded as if world war 3  had broken out on Saturday , it turns out to be handbags at dawn wit much ado about well as the video proves nothing.

If anything the marshall was doing the hokey cokey he didn't know whether to go left or right 

Thought it was 'in or out' ?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, TBC said:

Edited by SharpenRake
Deleted. Managed to duplicate a previous post

Strange how the other riders were able to stop before where the incident occurred, but Cook had made no attempt to slow down and stop when he had obviously seen the red flag being held out several seconds before he collided with the marshall - seems to me he had no intention of obeying the instruction to stop

• Confused 1

Now that most fair minded people seem to agree with what happened at the cook/track marshal incident we have also the subsequent brawl apparently instigated by others over reacting to the cook incident which appears to have been forgotten. The brawl clearly whipped up the Eastbourne fans and as reported by a family on a tigers fans Facebook page the riders were subject to much verbal abuse and the family also said they were glad to get out in one piece. We also have the track concerns caused probably by riders practising beforehand. Followed by comments by Jon Cook and the announcer. So as I have said previously it looks like there was a deliberate attempt to wind up opposition riders. Surely something has to be done to prevent this happening again yet for some reason a lot of the hang cookie haters are surprisingly silent. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thought it was 'in or out' ?

You can go left and right as well :D.

As the track staff member clearly demonstrated.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Strange how the other riders were able to stop before where the incident occurred, but Cook had made no attempt to slow down and stop when he had obviously seen the red flag being held out several seconds before he collided with the marshall - seems to me he had no intention of obeying the instruction to stop

The other riders were a way behind when the incident started, good on them for seeing what had went on and avoiding further collision. I usually makes sense, especially if your travelling at speed, to be well enough back to stop if an incident occurs ahead of you :t:

4 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

???????????????? 

How long are people who were there and those who weren't  there going to keep arguing about this.  I've put what I saw with my own eyes I'm not repeating it again what I will say is how totally stupid to put part of a video clip on here. That clip will be picked apart second by second and people will interpret it as they see it not how the whole incident and unpleasantness actually started (well before the parade) and finished an Saturday.  Also just to point out if the person taking that video had been standing a few yards either way from where they took the video the incident would look totally different.

6 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

How long are people who were there and those who weren't  there going to keep arguing about this.  I've put what I saw with my own eyes I'm not repeating it again what I will say is how totally stupid to put part of a video clip on here. That clip will be picked apart second by second and people will interpret it as they see it not how the whole incident and unpleasantness actually started (well before the parade) and finished an Saturday.  Also just to point out if the person taking that video had been standing a few yards either way from where they took the video the incident would look totally different.

It might look totally different but the angle we have seen it from gives a pretty clear idea of what happened in that particular incident - no need to be there or have any other angles. 

I find it strange that Eastbourne/MD are not releasing the remainder of the video, unless of course they have something they'd rather not be in the public domain. 

Edited by Solidmango
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

It also proves that a lot of liars on here have tried to milk the situation.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Now that most fair minded people seem to agree with what happened at the cook/track marshal incident we have also the subsequent brawl apparently instigated by others over reacting to the cook incident which appears to have been forgotten. The brawl clearly whipped up the Eastbourne fans and as reported by a family on a tigers fans Facebook page the riders were subject to much verbal abuse and the family also said they were glad to get out in one piece. We also have the track concerns caused probably by riders practising beforehand. Followed by comments by Jon Cook and the announcer. So as I have said previously it looks like there was a deliberate attempt to wind up opposition riders. Surely something has to be done to prevent this happening again yet for some reason a lot of the hang cookie haters are surprisingly silent. 

Excuse me - a deliberate attempt by fans to whip up opposition riders - you clearly weren't there your going by what others have said.  Yes us Eastbourne fans did boo the Glasgow riders and they deserved it, this incident started from 6pm when Glasgow kept digging pot holes in a track that had already been inspected by the referee and given the go ahead to race on and then at 7.15pm they had still not changed into their kevlars, presumably to try and get the meeting cancelled, WHY? We were clearly the underdogs in this meeting Glasgow threw it away. As for the people who said they were glad to get out in one piece, what utter rubbish, there was no incidents on the terraces just some audible booing, which as I said was thoroughly deserved.

• Like 1

One thing I can't understand, assuming the video is taken from bend 2 which unless it's changed is where the pits are.

The Marshall moves to his left, thereby blocking the path to the pits. It would make more sense to me, if he was trying to stop bikes going near the ongoing parade to move to his right, thereby blocking the path to the back straight.

As none of us are mind readers, we will never know what either Cook or the marshalls intentions were.