British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

47 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

The simplest thing would be for the SCB to declare the result null and void and instruct that it be re-run at a neutral track. Belle Vue would be a sensible alternative venue as it is roughly 200+miles from both tracks. 

i am all for that , but lets have a proper rerun with the teams as they were and craig not being allowed in heat one as it was his choice to sit it out LOL .same riders , same team managers . lets have it @ northside . thats really neutral 

belle vue , isnt that where bickley rides and conner . i believe craig rode for some period of time there too . looks like thats a really neutral track , not .. 

so i take it glasgow would give up their fantastic 4 point lead then . 

see what  you have done there , you got me involved again with silly comments and suggestions . damn this sport ..

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

That's what I said to Martin Dugard last night why not post the whole video, he said he couldn't as was under investigation, so instead he just posted a short edited clip not showing everything that happened especially what his brother was doing.

Surely better to have posted nothing at all as it's under investigation as people on this forum who weren't at the meeting to see/hear all the events/comments etc from 6pm onwards leading up to the fracas on the centre green, the following 15 heats  and the interviews with Ian Jordan and Mr Facena so they are working out their own take on the proceedings, ie adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5

Edited by hammer1969
Spelling
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

OK I just wanted to get a reaction and I'm disappointed that only you responded. However yet another person who is incapable of reading posts. For a start I am not looser more stiff than loose. But you probably meant loser and if you read my posts no one from Glasgow thought they would qualify but then no one thought they would be treated the way they were from the moment they arrived until they left. 

If Glasgow had arrived, got on with the job, not caused aggravation, they would have had no problems. As to the track, Kennett, won heat one is one of the fastest times of the season, when under no pressure and winding the throttle back as he approached the flag. The track work after the Glasgow strop was over and done in 5 minutes.

And then Craig Cook lost it, big time.

Why did he think he could ride round when the presentations were going on?

What doesn't he understand about red lights/red flags? They mean stop.

What possessed him to attack a volunteer track official?

Why did he sit out heat one?

These are the real issues.

Edited by Richard Weston
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

There are still many things to clear up but to my mind having seen the video of Cook and the marshall I would blame the marshall for that particular incident.

I appreciate there are many other aspects to this as to what happened both beforehand and afterwards.

Good job the marshall didn't do it to Martin Dugard back in the day as I reckon he (the marshall) might have ended up a lot worse off!

18 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

OK I just wanted to get a reaction and I'm disappointed that only you responded. However yet another person who is incapable of reading posts. For a start I am not looser more stiff than loose. But you probably meant loser and if you read my posts no one from Glasgow thought they would qualify but then no one thought they would be treated the way they were from the moment they arrived until they left. 

EXETER ... that was a track everyone was happy on .

4 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

There are still many things to clear up but to my mind having seen the video of Cook and the marshall I would blame the marshall for that particular incident.

I appreciate there are many other aspects to this as to what happened both beforehand and afterwards.

Good job the marshall didn't do it to Martin Dugard back in the day as I reckon he (the marshall) might have ended up a lot worse off!

Cook should have been stationary before reaching the marshal. He should have stopped long before that point.

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

i am all for that , but lets have a proper rerun with the teams as they were and craig not being allowed in heat one as it was his choice to sit it out LOL .same riders , same team managers . lets have it @ northside . thats really neutral 

belle vue , isnt that where bickley rides and conner . i believe craig rode for some period of time there too . looks like thats a really neutral track , not .. 

so i take it glasgow would give up their fantastic 4 point lead then . 

see what  you have done there , you got me involved again with silly comments and suggestions . damn this sport ..

I know I just couldn't help myself. Your last post was almost sensible and I thought I can't have that so I'll post something really stupid to see who might respond and so far it appears you  have another relative or two, this time in the south.

Edited by SharpenRake
accuracy

27 pages and still going strong ..

• Haha 1

As far as I can see, the only point is discussion is how long Cookie's ban should be.  I'd say 28 days.

You can't go around doing what's he done there.  He had plenty of time to throttle off and avoid the marshal. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I know I just couldn't help myself. Your last post was almost sensible and I thought I can't have that so I'll post something really stupid to see who might respond and so far it appears you  have another relative, this time in the south.

how many times did you look @ your screen to see if i had posted ?  you wanted something stupid from me  and i gave it to you . . one happy bunny now ..LOL

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Cook should have been stationary before reaching the marshal. He should have stopped long before that point.

Actually based on other accounts he probably should not have been riding his bike at all at that point!

My original comment was only relating to the behaviour of the marshall which is the only aspect I can comment on as it is the only aspect I have seen footage of. 

Just now, WembleyLion said:

Actually based on other accounts he probably should not have been riding his bike at all at that point!

My original comment was only relating to the behaviour of the marshall which is the only aspect I can comment on as it is the only aspect I have seen footage of. 

You are right, he should not have been riding his bike at that point. He should have stood there and waiting for the introductions to finish.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I know I just couldn't help myself. Your last post was almost sensible and I thought I can't have that so I'll post something really stupid to see who might respond and so far it appears you  have another relative, this time in the south.

funny you should say i have relatives in the south . Plymouth they live at,  ( ivybridge  ) ... are all your relatives being looked after by H.M.P. the P stands for prison and funny also that my relative is a prison warden . strange innit ?

Just seen a video of this incident on Twitter. I would say the Marshall was at fault here.

He is walking towards Cook. Cook then looks to be going to his left - possibly to go into the pits? - and the marshall steps in front of him causing the collision between himself and the rider.

Cook was wrong to react the way he did, though, but you can understand him being annoyed.

Last time I looked at this topic I think it had 2 pages! Let's have a bit of a barny more often I say!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

In what way is the marshal acting incorrectly?  It's true that track staff should not be on the track during a race, but this wasn't during a race.  It's while other people were still on the track.  Cookie had plenty of time to slow down, but didn't. He disobeyed a red flag. 

• Like 2