British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

4 minutes ago, andout said:
SCB STATEMENT: EASTBOURNE v GLASGOW

Monday August 05, 2019

The Speedway Control Bureau are looking into the scenes that happened at Eastbourne on Saturday 3rd August in the Championship Shield Semi-Final which took place between Eastbourne and Glasgow.

The Bureau have requested witness statements from several officials, and until fully investigated no further comment will be made.

Neil Vatcher
SCB Co-ordinator

Well, that’s that then.

The SCB are not renowned for their “full investigation” prowess. I think they are still making a full investigation of the cancellation of the Eastbourne v Mildenhall league fixture from October last year - unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

Although on this occasion, Mr Vatcher was on site.

Probably explains why the statement that Craig Cook made on his website this morning has since been removed!!

So after all of the talk it turns out to be just a few handbags.

Completely tame compared to events back in the 90's involving Eastbourne, particularly against Wolverhampton.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So after all of the talk it turns out to be just a few handbags.

Completely tame compared to events back in the 90's involving Eastbourne, particularly against Wolverhampton.

I think in terms of modern speedway that was a bit more than handbags to me.  Good few punches thrown by different folk.  Realise the old days were different gravy tho. 

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 2

Kennett might be in as much trouble as cook.  The steward appears to be trying to usher cook away from the pit gate but is confrontational in the process.  Why does he stand his ground rather than run alongside the bike? I can see both clubs being reprimanded given the number of people getting involved.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, alang said:

Surely the most appropriate punishment would be to ban both Eastbourne and Glasgow from the shield.Then ban Leicester because Stuart Dickson used to be manager at Glasgow then award the shield to Berwick as the only remaining semi - finalist.Also award it to Berwick because we"re nice - pretty useless admittedly, but nice.

The most sensible thing to ever have been said on this forum :)

Is it standard practice at Arlington for the visitors to do their practice starts whilst the home team are still being introduced ? If not why was this allowed to happen? If they'd waited until the introductions were over none of this would've happened 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Well Well Well. Dickie Juul in the middle of it. Who would have believed that. :P

I just watched it and thought exactly the same, I can just hear him in my head telling someone to f**k off in his Danish/Geordie accent. :D

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Is it standard practice at Arlington for the visitors to do their practice starts whilst the home team are still being introduced ? If not why was this allowed to happen? If they'd waited until the introductions were over none of this would've happened 

No flys on you eh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Absolutely not! Thats is the whole point and where things started to go wrong. All riders are meant to have been intriduced before any push off, These three risers decided to push off and start doing practice starts befoe the Eastbourne riders had been introduced.

In no way does anyone from farm land down south come out well from the longer video.

mission accomplished on a desperate way to qualify for the next round that is about it.

keep rattling the banjos

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Since I was not at the meeting I did not feel I could have an opinion but a number of people have mentioned that the Eastbourne management should have told the Glasgow riders how the presentations are done at Arlington. 

I have been watching Speedway since 1957 and at every track I have been to where the riders and their bikes are on track it has been standard practice for the Away team to be introduced, then the Home team is introduced and then the two captains come forward to toss for gate positions. I fail to understand how any rider would not know that none of the bikes leave the area where the introductions are being made until after ALL the riders have been introduced. 

I personally suspect that both sides were trying to wind each other up and got annoyed about what the opposition were doing. The SCB needs to send out a clear message that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated by slapping some heavy fines on the riders involved and also on the management of both sides for failing to control their riders and staff. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I just watched it and thought exactly the same, I can just hear him in my head telling someone to f**k off in his Danish/Geordie accent. :D

Or he may have said ( hoy Yee man what yi deein git off me mate or Al nack yi rest ) in Danish/Geordie accent