British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

No member of the track staff ejected from the stadium.

Just shows what misinformation gets out.

4 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

No member of the track staff ejected from the stadium.

Just shows what misinformation gets out.

It certainly does , after all look at all the mis-information we got on Saturday night about head butts etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

These "documentaries" seem to be a regular and excellent feature at Arlington.

Nothing here of the "handbags" but plenty of interesting comments from before and after and some very good racing clips.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eaglestv/

Excellent feature, looked a healthy crowd ,obviously the shenanigans create a good bit of tension and atmosphere.

Whether it was a headbutt, or not: you cannot escape the fact that Cook attacked a track marshal, rode through the pits, which he (or anyone else) is not allowed to do, and ignored red lights/flags.

Cook, if he thought he was provoked,  needed to act in a professional way. He didn't.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Whether it was a headbutt, or not: you cannot escape the fact that Cook attacked a track marshal, rode through the pits, which he (or anyone else) is not allowed to do, and ignored red lights/flags.

Cook, if he thought he was provoked,  needed to act in a professional way. He didn't.

It is plain to see it was not a head butt, mountain and molehill springs to mind.

And if Cook needs to act in a professional way and you are correct , I assume you would agree Kennet should also as it looks like he thought he was at the boxing.

Edited by Gazc

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It is plain to see it was not a head butt, mountain and molehill springs to mind.

And if Cook needs to act in a professional way and you are correct , I assume you would agree Kennett should also as it looks like he thought he was at the boxing.

Kennet was the bigger disgrace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Kennet was the bigger disgrace.

From the video it looked like he saw a fracas and thought,"I'll have some of that" and ran across from the infamous parade:rolleyes:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Is it standard practice at Arlington for the visitors to do their practice starts whilst the home team are still being introduced ? If not why was this allowed to happen? If they'd waited until the introductions were over none of this would've happened 

Having now had sight of the longer video allied to observations of others present, it is clear that what ultimately happened was down to Eastbourne staff and hangers on confronting and then attacking Cook.

• Haha 3

The one thing nobody has even mentioned is that neither of the 3 Glasgow riders should have been on the racetrack, the introductions are done first, then both sides go out on the warm up lap when its safe too do so, not when they felt like it .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know that Glasgow apologised on Saturday night but in hindsight i bet they wish they had held off until all the facts were established.

It looks like the home team were every bit as culpable on Saturday as we were.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

The one thing nobody has even mentioned is that neither of the 3 Glasgow riders should have been on the racetrack, the introductions are done first, then both sides go out on the warm up lap when its safe too do so, not when they felt like it .

We get that and it was wrong but the aftermath pales that into a minor misdemeanor. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

I`m pretty sure it`s been mentioned about 20 times ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

It has been mentioned plenty of times, just ignored by those that want to blame the marshal

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Mr Weston. Have you never been in a situation where someone barges past you or perhaps been standing patiently in a queue when someone moves in front of you or perhaps someone has cut in front of you whilst out driving? And have you never got annoyed, perhaps pushed them back or....  I'm sure you get the idea. Now think how would you react if someone is moving in front of you and you were on a bike with no brakes albeit going slowly. Even you would surely get a bit annoyed and push him away and as both hands are on the handle bars you would use your shoulder. He may not have acted professionally in your eyes but to me he did what any normal person would have done. Yours Sharp

Edited by SharpenRake
The opening sentence could have been misinterpreted.
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I know that Glasgow apologised on Saturday night but in hindsight i bet they wish they had held off until all the facts were established.

It looks like the home team were every bit as culpable on Saturday as we were.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

They were there and on the scene. What facts would they have not known? That rightfully apologised and I commend them for doing so.

They complained about a track that was fine

Did not even get changed ready to race on time

Pushed three of their riders off before the eastbourne had even been introduced

Had a rider run into a marshal who was trying to stop them from riding on the track when they should not have been

Then had a rider shoulder barge that marshal (still would debate that it was a missed head butt)

And then thump someone else (who was having a go at him but not trhowing punches)

Then they have a rider refuse to ride in heat 1 (who later goes out and proves how riderable the track was) and btw, he was an absolute pleasure to watch. A brilliant rider!

Personally, I would put the whole thing down to gamesmanship and handbags but please dont try to make out Eastbourne were as bad. Eddie got stuck in after he had seen punches and god know what else thrown.

• Like 1