British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

Loved cooks little side step on kennels charge and leave his leg out tripping Kennett up. Cook then proceeded to jump on Kennet striking him. Brilliant. 

And BTW I bet the same ppl moaning about all this are the same ppl from the 70s,80s and 90s who use to love a good punch up at the speedway. 

And of the day. Eastie will get a fine. Glasgow will get a fine, cook will get a fine, vissing will get a fine, kennett will get a fine and then all of them will move on being best mates

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Loved cooks little side step on kennels charge and leave his leg out tripping Kennett up. Cook then proceeded to jump on Kennet striking him. Brilliant. 

And BTW I bet the same ppl moaning about all this are the same ppl from the 70s,80s and 90s who use to love a good punch up at the speedway. 

And of the day. Eastie will get a fine. Glasgow will get a fine, cook will get a fine, vissing will get a fine, kennett will get a fine and then all of them will move on being best mates

My favourite part is Vissing being hauled out of the ruck on about 30 secs back across the track.

Why the hell do people have to go on about speedway bikes having "no brakes"?  Just because they don't, doesn't mean you can't stop the ruddy things!  If you look at the video posted by Dugard, there was  PLENTY of time for Cook to slow down - as he should have done.  He didn't make any attempt to slow down until he was right on top of the marshal.

Of course, that's assuming he was looking where he was going (and saw the marshal waving a large piece of red cloth in broad daylight). Even though he wasn't racing, he  certainly should have been watching. No, I'm not saying Cook deliberately rode into him, but it looks to me that he thought the marshal wouldn't get in his way, which under the circumstances, would be foolish to assume.  Whenever you are operating a motor vehicle, you don't just assume that people are going to jump out of the way, particularly in a situation like this.

Okay, the marshal may have been better not stepping in front of him, but you know, in most situations, the rider would have at least attempted to slow to a crawl at least. The other riders on track didn't seem to have any any problems slowing down and stopping, did they?

Steve

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

That last sentence is absolutely spot on, end of the day we could go on for ever and a day arguing who is at fault and who is not fine all of those who have mention in that sentence and lets move on. 

4 hours ago, jenga said:

i take it J C is jesus  christ ?

Jenga 4 hours and no posting are you okay you had me worried.I have a we job for you to do can please find out for me if the Workington fans who purchased season tickets for this year have received their refunds   

20 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Until the next Craig Cook hissy fit. Funny how he has a problem with the Eastbourne track but doesn't mind when one of his KL mates try and dig a tunnel in the Poole track  :D

I think Craig is looking at the track as he comes round the corner with  not much speed because he is heading to leave the track and doesn’t see the Marshall till the last minute when he suddenly sees  him not expecting to see him there  which angers him think if the Marshall didn’t get in the way then nothing would have happened craig Claus and Kyle would have went straight to the pits as the gate was open because it’s where everybody came running from 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Until the next Craig Cook hissy fit. Funny how he has a problem with the Eastbourne track but doesn't mind when one of his KL mates try and dig a tunnel in the Poole track  :D

Was that the hole Shovlar denied was there yet it was as big as the  mersey tunnel.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Was that the hole Shovlar denied was there yet it was as big as the  mersey tunnel.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nah, they were trying to start a brand new one off. ;) Luckily the track staff saw and sorted it when KL riders went back to the pits. Thank goodness they didn't confront Cook about it, prob would have lost it again! :P

46 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Jenga 4 hours and no posting are you okay you had me worried.I have a we job for you to do can please find out for me if the Workington fans who purchased season tickets for this year have received their refunds   

building some garden benches . 

i would doubt it .  you could ask the witches , i think they are season ticket holders and are well up ,and i mean well up ! i think @ this moment in time laura is having a tough time  .  respectfully most fans are not moaning, a few digs from the odd one or two . at the moment its , carpet , brush , under . a bit like yourselves , ooppss , didnt mean that . ...............................you know i did   :o

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

They tripped up in the hole didn't they it was so deep......

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It really is quite simple.

Glasgow, led by Cook, pushed off early, no doubt as a way of a bit of spiteful get back at the digs offered over the mic by Eastbourne.

THAT should have been the end of it with perhaps a warning to Cook and the other riders.

Cook was clearly leaving the track, as you do when the red flag is shown on the parade until the marshal instigated the next incident by needlessly and recklessly stepping in front of Cook. Cook responded, a bit of argy bargy and what would have been the end of it...

Until Paul Dugard then takes it upon himself to escalate things further and charge up to Cook and stick his face right into him, no idea what was said, but that caused Cook to throw the first punch.

Nobody comes out of it with any credit, but effectively the 'incidents' all ended and were started again by different protagonists.

It may not seem savory but reality is, it's great for speedway. Absolutely fantastic in fact. Who wants to miss the next time Cook/Glasgow come to Eastbourne, or indeed even when Eastbourne visit Glasgow next?

Bit of argy bargy?

cook tried sticking the head on the marshall there is no doubt about it, and if he had connected could of caused untold damage. 

The marshall instigated the melee there is no doubt about that either, but cook should of just pushed him out the way instead of attempting to head butt the guy with a crash helmet on . If you headbutted an old man in the middle of the street because he walked in front of your moped whilst moving at about 10mph, and the headbutt connected, youd be done for ABH. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Trees said:

They tripped up in the hole didn't they it was so deep......

This hole :)

poole.jpg

13 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Bit of argy bargy?

cook tried sticking the head on the marshall there is no doubt about it, and if he had connected could of caused untold damage. 

The marshall instigated the melee there is no doubt about that either, but cook should of just pushed him out the way instead of attempting to head butt the guy with a crash helmet on . If you headbutted an old man in the middle of the street because he walked in front of your moped whilst moving at about 10mph, and the headbutt connected, youd be done for ABH. 

Pretty much everyone has agreed that Cook did not headbutt or even attempt to headbutt the marshal, even most of those who were there and said so at the time. He shoulder charged him, that is it. Had he wanted to 'headbutt' him he would have done so.

Still waiting for you to pay up on your bet :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Pretty much everyone has agreed that Cook did not headbutt or even attempt to headbutt the marshal, even most of those who were there and said so at the time. He shoulder charged him, that is it. Had he wanted to 'headbutt' him he would have done so.

Still waiting for you to pay up on your bet :)

I couldnt careless what most agree on, its plain to see in that video he went in head first at the marshall which is classed as a head butt. You can try saying what you like, that was an attempted headbutt. 

Also , how do you want the bet to be paid? PM me :)