Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

This hole :)

poole.jpg

No need to make up a hole, Craig put on Insta the hole they created. They were obviously very proud of it!

11 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

In Glasgow's case 3 riders mistakenly (I assume they were advised of the procedures - they are totally different from Glasgow's) rode off before they should have. 

They must have short memories, all 3 were at Eastbourne on 18th May and there were no problems, issues or mistakes then.

In the 15 years that I have been watching speedway at Arlington, I do not recall ever seeing anyone ride off before the introductions have been concluded.

Fair play to Rasmus Jensen, who remained stationery and must have wondered what the hell was going on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I couldnt careless what most agree on, its plain to see in that video he went in head first at the marshall which is classed as a head butt. You can try saying what you like, that was an attempted headbutt. 

Also , how do you want the bet to be paid? PM me :) 

We'll have to agree to disagree. Either way, all parties acted like clowns.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I couldnt careless what most agree on, its plain to see in that video he went in head first at the marshall which is classed as a head butt. You can try saying what you like, that was an attempted headbutt. 

In Glasgow we would call that a marriage proposal!

• Haha 1

If you want to see an actual headbutt check out the footage of Martin Dugard.

58 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Don't know about you but most people's heads are attatched to their shoulders, move your shoulder and your head usually follows. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Think of the mechanics of a headbutt. The head goes back before it goes forward. This gains leverage. Cook leads with his head to gain leverage for his shoulder. You can’t head butt anyone if your neck is already stretched out to the front. 

Live in the real world

• Like 3

Jeez. 

Cook assaulted the marshall. 

End off. 

Irrespective of whether it was a helmet or a shoulder or a moving bike. 

It's like reading a celtic match report in this thread. Sweep sweep it wasnae us it was him wie the flag that wasnae green. 

• Like 1

Headbutt or not Cook  did make an aggressive angry lunge, which was followed by mayhem as Uncle Tom Cobley & all joined in ...all very silly & overreacting

Edited by Icicle

Cook was heading to the pits until the unquantifiable unit of butter jumped out in front of him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Scotsman - interesting opinion....... I think if I stood in front of a motorcycle waving my arm the rider might be a little annoyed and  suggest that I was being dangerous. Cook over reacted I can see .....but then the whole thing got out of control with Paul Dugard mouthing off in Cooks face to calm things down ?. and  getting what he asked for. Then we have 2 Eastbourne riders legging it down the track to help the entertainment ....

To be honest if I was the Glasgow team and so aggrieved about the track I would have lodged an official protest and not appeared on the parade at all....but just ridden the meeting and left. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The Scotsman - interesting opinion....... I think if I stood in front of a motorcycle waving my arm the rider might be a little annoyed and  suggest that I was being dangerous. Cook over reacted I can see .....but then the whole thing got out of control with Paul Dugard mouthing off in Cooks face to calm things down ?. and  getting what he asked for. Then we have 2 Eastbourne riders legging it down the track to help the entertainment ....

To be honest if I was the Glasgow team and so aggrieved about the track I would have lodged an official protest and not appeared on the parade at all....but just ridden the meeting and left. 

can't see anything remotely wrong with the track in this excellent meeting documentary especially in racing clips. Not wet or dusty.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/eaglestv-pitside-eagles-v-glasgow/

1 hour ago, nagy1 said:

Think of the mechanics of a headbutt. The head goes back before it goes forward. This gains leverage. Cook leads with his head to gain leverage for his shoulder. You can’t head butt anyone if your neck is already stretched out to the front. 

Live in the real world

Try and shoulder barge one of your mates and you will see that your head doesnt go anywhere near theres , unless of course you class a shoulder barge as a head butt. 

Also , being Cook who has a pathetic temper at the best of times , why would he go for him with a shoulder barge? He went in with his head and its clear as day in the video thats what happened and cannot understand how people can say otherwise . Just like you see in boxing when boxers go in with their head when fighting dirty , thats exactly what that was . A headbutt doesnt exactly mean leaning your head back first then forward , it means going at someone with your head. Which is what cook done, with a helmet on. And its clear as day in the video.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Try and shoulder barge one of your mates and you will see that your head doesnt go anywhere near theres , unless of course you class a shoulder barge as a head butt. 

Also , being Cook who has a pathetic temper at the best of times , why would he go for him with a shoulder barge? He went in with his head and its clear as day in the video thats what happened and cannot understand how people can say otherwise . Just like you see in boxing when boxers go in with their head when fighting dirty , thats exactly what that was . A headbutt doesnt exactly mean leaning your head back first then forward , it means going at someone with your head. Which is what cook done, with a helmet on. And its clear as day in the video.

First things first I won’t do that. Your shoulder really can’t go far from your head. Again think of the mechanics instead of typing nonsense. 

I would suggest Craig was speaking/shouting at the said throbber with the red flag. When you see riders talk to each other with their helmets on they need to get close so the other as the helmet will muffle their voice and the engine would of been running. That is clear as day. I can only speculate as to why he went with a shoulder barge, a maniac jumped out in front of him! Why are people so keen to ignore this morons actions? Is it just to slaughter Craig?? A headbutt means hitting someone with your head as hard as your can with a view to hurt the other person. Craig certainly did NOT headbutt or mean to headbutt anyone. 

The actions from the hangers on down there was uncalled for. If the Tigers had done ANYTHING wrong it is up to the meeting officials to deal with the situation. Not a flag marshall, not a mechanic or any other clown that was on the track. Eastbourne speedway tried to take control of the situation and acted like thugs in doing so. The book should be thrown at them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1