British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

this is for the Glasgow fans/supporters only . there are only two,2, to, too  answers to this question . so here goes . I WILL PUT THIS IN CAPITALS  FOR EVERYONE .  not shouting B.T.W. 

DO YOU THINK CRAIG WAS WRONG IN BEING PUSHED OFF BEFORE THE INTROS WERE STILL ONGOING (UNFINISHED )  choice of too, to , two , 2 . words and they are YES  or NO .

NO ELABORATIONS PLEASE . .......      J  .. Glasgow follower B)

Ok so after my enforced ban (for saying someone was a pillock lol) and then my own holiday this is how i see the incident

1. Presenter and Jon Cook try and get the crowd going on the mic (nothing wrong in that)

2. Three Glasgow riders (led by Cook) ride off while the presentation lap is going.......totally unacceptable

3. A marshall is on the track as Cook comes round holding a red flag................why on here are some people saying a red flag means stop? It doesnt it means slow down and be ready to stop. How many meetings does a rider fall and the other riders stop completely? They dont simple as , they slow up which is what Cook done

4. The people saying Cook rode into the marshall are blind, stupid or both......i also dont believe that the marshall deliberately stepped in front of Cook......have you ever walked towards someone and you both go to avoid someone and end up going the same way and bumping........thats what happened here.

5. Cook then over reacts by confronting said marshall and then shoulder barges him.........unacceptable........though those people on here....with video evidence ...that call that a headbutt need to take a long hard look at themselves obviously no idea what a headbutt is.

6. Paul Dugard then acts like a total moron and then the melee ensues

7. Edward Kennett and Kyle Newman then sprint the length of the straight to join in

8. Martin Dugard as well seems to quite enjoy a headbutt......watch Cooks supposed headbutt and then check out Dugards

Purely and simply Cook started this off and should be fined 100%...........those calling for a ban and those calling it a headbutt need to get a life

I would assume Eastbourne speedway (namely the Dugards) and Edward Kennett will also be getting fines as well as Cook

Would this have all started if Cook hadnt kicked off? No

But the Eastbourne promotion and riders certainly played there part in making sure it escalated

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jenga said:

this is for the Glasgow fans/supporters only . there are only two,2, to, too  answers to this question . so here goes . I WILL PUT THIS IN CAPITALS  FOR EVERYONE .  not shouting B.T.W. 

DO YOU THINK CRAIG WAS WRONG IN BEING PUSHED OFF BEFORE THE INTROS WERE STILL ONGOING (UNFINISHED )  choice of too, to , two , 2 . words and they are YES  or NO .

NO ELABORATIONS PLEASE . .......      J  .. Glasgow follower B)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Answer one question with one word on a discussion forum. You are a sad and pathetic old man. Get over your deal with Glasgow and go back under your rock. 

13 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ok so after my enforced ban (for saying someone was a pillock lol) and then my own holiday this is how i see the incident

1. Presenter and Jon Cook try and get the crowd going on the mic (nothing wrong in that)

2. Three Glasgow riders (led by Cook) ride off while the presentation lap is going.......totally unacceptable

3. A marshall is on the track as Cook comes round holding a red flag................why on here are some people saying a red flag means stop? It doesnt it means slow down and be ready to stop. How many meetings does a rider fall and the other riders stop completely? They dont simple as , they slow up which is what Cook done

4. The people saying Cook rode into the marshall are blind, stupid or both......i also dont believe that the marshall deliberately stepped in front of Cook......have you ever walked towards someone and you both go to avoid someone and end up going the same way and bumping........thats what happened here.

5. Cook then over reacts by confronting said marshall and then shoulder barges him.........unacceptable........though those people on here....with video evidence ...that call that a headbutt need to take a long hard look at themselves obviously no idea what a headbutt is.

6. Paul Dugard then acts like a total moron and then the melee ensues

7. Edward Kennett and Kyle Newman then sprint the length of the straight to join in

8. Martin Dugard as well seems to quite enjoy a headbutt......watch Cooks supposed headbutt and then check out Dugards

Purely and simply Cook started this off and should be fined 100%...........those calling for a ban and those calling it a headbutt need to get a life

I would assume Eastbourne speedway (namely the Dugards) and Edward Kennett will also be getting fines as well as Cook

Would this have all started if Cook hadnt kicked off? No

But the Eastbourne promotion and riders certainly played there part in making sure it escalated

Is that Paul Dugard who confronts Cook full on after the shove with the flag marshall? In my opinion, that is the person who was really responsible for this all kicking off.

The flag marshall was in the wrong, in my opinion, alnd walked in Cook's way, but he sensibly walked away after Cook shoved him, so deserves some credit for that. It could have all ended at that point were it not for the confrontation of Cook.

• Like 2

Just now, Grachan said:

Is that Paul Dugard who confronts Cook full on after the shove with the flag marshall? In my opinion, that is the person who was really responsible for this all kicking off.

The flag marshall was in the wrong, in my opinion, alnd walked in Cook's way, but he sensibly walked away after Cook shoved him, so deserves some credit for that. It could have all ended at that point were it not for the confrontation of Cook.

It is Paul Dugard who confronts Cook, but in other footage Martin Dugard is shown to throw a seemingly unprovoked full on headbutt at a Glasgow rider. No doubt, no shoulder barge, just a vicious attempt at a headbutt. Again at a point where things had calmed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

It is Paul Dugard who confronts Cook, but in other footage Martin Dugard is shown to throw a seemingly unprovoked full on headbutt at a Glasgow rider. No doubt, no shoulder barge, just a vicious attempt at a headbutt. Again at a point where things had calmed.

Oh those Dugards!

It was always them in the thick of it when Swindon and Oxford used to have barneys, although I don't remember Paul getting involved back then - more Martin and Bob. Paul always seemed the more sensible one.

I'm just surprised that Paul Dugard isn't still 16 years old!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Yes it was Paul Dugard and yes he was the one responsible for it escalating further. Cook in the wrong initially but it escalated more because of Dugards actions yes

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Thought i was the only one who had seen that

Kind of makes people look like numpties who claimed that what Cook did was a headbutt, when you see what a proper full on attempt at a headbutt looks like

• Thanks 1

I'm sure the Glasgow number 6 is laughing under his helmet when he turns to camera while everyone else is piling on top of each other. :)

• Like 1

The paul Dugard that seems to take his dark blue sweatshirt off  after all’s done and try’s to make out he is the peace maker lol

• Like 1

Grachan said  " 1. Presenter and Jon Cook try and get the crowd going on the mic (nothing wrong in that) " (my underline and bold)

Completely disagree with you on that point Grachan. Given the situation prior to the presentation with complaints about the track,  however they were intentioned, the comments were unprofessional and inflammatory, targeted at one rider in particular, and given events that followed were the prime cause of this whole sorry affair.

Not the behaviour one would expect from a "co promoter"  of a business. MAybe he was unhappy that the crowd preferred to watch the SpeedwayGP on TV ... which at Wroclaw was 100 times more exciting than any racing you will see at Arlington.

Old Bob, you appear to have a strong grudge, or worse, against Eastbourne, or perhaps just Jon Cook. I can understand the latter more than the former.

I would just like to correct you on a couple of points:

1. It wasn’t Grachan who referred to “1. Presenter and Jon Cook try and get the crowd going on the mic (nothing wrong in that)”, it was Gavan.

However as he wasn’t in attendance, (nor you), he is wrong. The presenter was doing the presentation. As I stated in my early post, the unprofessional comments (in my opinion) before the presentation took place, came from Martin Dugard (no official capacity with Eastbourne Speedway) and Jon Cook, Head of Speedway Operations with Eastbourne Speedway.

2. There was a decent crowd, comparing Wroclaw with Arlington is cheap jibe. The Wroclaw GP was certainly the best I’ve seen this year, and I seriously doubt it will be bettered in the future rounds.

16 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Grachan said  " 1. Presenter and Jon Cook try and get the crowd going on the mic (nothing wrong in that) " (my underline and bold)

Completely disagree with you on that point Grachan. Given the situation prior to the presentation with complaints about the track,  however they were intentioned, the comments were unprofessional and inflammatory, targeted at one rider in particular, and given events that followed were the prime cause of this whole sorry affair.

Not the behaviour one would expect from a "co promoter"  of a business. MAybe he was unhappy that the crowd preferred to watch the SpeedwayGP on TV ... which at Wroclaw was 100 times more exciting than any racing you will see at Arlington.

Disagree, part of what the sport is lacking. Whip up a cracking atmosphere.

Isn't it time the sport realised the 'family sport' tagline doesn't work?

I don't mean all out brawls and violence but simply drop the 'family sport' and concentrate on the thrills, spills, tensions, bit of aggro etc.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I didn't say that. Gavan said it. I just quoted his post.

Personally I've no idea what was said over the mic so have no opinion on it.

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I don't mean all out brawls and violence but simply drop the 'family sport' and concentrate on the thrills, spills, tensions, bit of aggro etc.

Best be careful. The snowflakes may melt. 

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I said there is nothing wrong in my opinion of the people on the mic getting the crowd going surely thats part of the fun?

I defended Cook in a lot of areas , but if he cant handle a bit of goading over the mic then he is a bit to precious

When i first started going in the early 80's it was paramount to boo the pantomime villan of the other team nothing wrong in that

Cook should have let them and then do his talking on the track rather than storm off during the parade

• Like 1