British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

Apologies Grachan, my mistake.

My opinions stand.

Jon Cook - who  ???.... did he used to be an employee of the promotoer Stuart Douglas at Lakeside Speedway  before joining Eastbourne as a "co promoter"

Anyway suggest you all reasd this weeks Speedway Star for the truth of the matter from Craig Cook.

30 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Grachan said  " 1. Presenter and Jon Cook try and get the crowd going on the mic (nothing wrong in that) " (my underline and bold)

Completely disagree with you on that point Grachan. Given the situation prior to the presentation with complaints about the track,  however they were intentioned, the comments were unprofessional and inflammatory, targeted at one rider in particular, and given events that followed were the prime cause of this whole sorry affair.

Not the behaviour one would expect from a "co promoter"  of a business. MAybe he was unhappy that the crowd preferred to watch the SpeedwayGP on TV ... which at Wroclaw was 100 times more exciting than any racing you will see at Arlington.

Sorry i believe that things said over the mic should be said it creates an atmosphere. 

Cooks issue if he cant handle it.......many riders would laugh it off

12 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Don't know about you but most people's heads are attatched to their shoulders, move your shoulder and your head usually follows. :rolleyes:

Nope, I can move my shoulders whilst keeping my head still. You try it! 

12 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Cook was heading to the pits until the unquantifiable unit of butter jumped out in front of him.

Not allowed to go back to the pits at that time though. 

• Like 1

Are there still people on here calling it a headbutt lol

Watch what Martin Dugard tries on a Glasgow rider (Vissing)

Cook clearly shoulderbarged the marshall...he 100% shouldnt have and will rightly get a fine.............but a headbutt is a comical statement blinkered by people who dislike Cook ( who i have no time for after his shenanigans twice at Ipswich, Barker incident and refusing to race for Glasgow)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Ilisa-colette ........is that with a full face crash helmet and neck brace on ?

I don't have those to practice with :D

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

Are there still people on here calling it a headbutt lol

Watch what Martin Dugard tries on a Glasgow rider (Vissing)

Cook clearly shoulderbarged the marshall...he 100% shouldnt have and will rightly get a fine.............but a headbutt is a comical statement blinkered by people who dislike Cook ( who i have no time for after his shenanigans twice at Ipswich, Barker incident and refusing to race for Glasgow)

I think if you are there in the crowd it could have looked like a headbutt, but obv isn't. 

40 pages of blame on either side.Simple answer is ban both Glasgow and  Eastbourne from rest of league and award Berwick 3 points for their  upconing home meetings and 4 for away meetings against each team.Might not finish bottom of league then eh?

1 hour ago, nagy1 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Answer one question with one word on a discussion forum. You are a sad and pathetic old man. Get over your deal with Glasgow and go back under your rock. 

obviously too hard for the mathematically  challenged  .its like the rhetorical answer .. it was not a a hard question .yes or no or are you too scared to admit it was craigs fault ?

amazed you cus spell hahahahahahaha

After the bans, fines, hangings, beheadings and other summary punishments have been meted out , if thier is anyone left, a BSPA  track inspection will required for Arlington after reading the Speedway Star, to ensure it complies with Health and Safety requirements on the track inside kerb. 

Hopefully they will send an independent inspector not  Neil Vatcher (Jon Cooks old pal at Lakeside?)

Should have time to fit this in before the next scheduled home brawl , sorry meeting , wiht Redcar Bears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, jenga said:

obviously too hard for the mathematically  challenged  .its like the rhetorical answer .. it was not a a hard question .yes or no or are you too scared to admit it was craigs fault ?

A further blip on the portrait you paint of me. I have a more than capable mathematical brain. Math and numbers make the world go round. You didn’t ask any math based problems either so I am not sure why you would bring that up? It is not a hard question but you are trying to drive a binary answer to something that has many subjects out of people for your own pathetic agenda. 

It it is simple to say A = B or C if you choose to ignore X,Y and Z. The bigger(whole) picture/situation needs to be taken into consideration.

As as for spelling, I would not go down that road. Next you’ll be employing the grammar police. They would have a field day with you. I choose not to go down that road. 

53 minutes ago, jenga said:

It wasn't Craig's fault, there is that what you wanted to hear.

• Haha 1

Forty pages of accusations and counter accusations ,,enough is enough,,Jack it in now for everyones sanity .........Please

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

A marshall is on the track as Cook comes round holding a red flag

I've a better one than that.  Ok it was a long time ago, picture this scene, its summer of 1991, its Div 2, Powderhall Stadium, Arena Essex are in town, with a team of heat leaders, Petersen (10 plus ave), Karger (10 plus ave), Mogridge (9 point ave), Andy Galvin (prob was also about 9 ave), Troy Pratt (7.5 ave), and their reserves were a bit handy as well.  Edinburgh are being royally, er, done over (it was awful to watch) the home riders are being overtaken on their own track, it is nearing the end of the third lap, an Arena Essex rider is flying and completing an overtake of one of the home riders (actually it was an undertake i.e. taking the inside line), enter....  the starting marshall complete with his Monarchs colours comes right out into the middle of the track with his one lap to go flag and impedes the Arena Essex rider such that he had to abort his manoeuvre and remain behind the otherwise hapless Monarchs rider.  At least the starting marshall's inadvertent intervention prevented the score being more than the circa 20 points gap that Arena Essex won by so a worthwhile contribution and surely accidental of course., well done that man.  B)

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Haha 1