British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

On 8/6/2019 at 9:01 PM, DSC67 said:

I rather look on ice hockey as a 'family sport' with an audience demographic very similar to speedway. 

They don't mind the odd punch-up, do they? 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

It wasn't Craig's fault, there is that what you wanted to hear.

He started everything and it isn't his fault? I suppose the sky isn't blue either! 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He started everything and it isn't his fault? I suppose the sky isn't blue either! 

But the sky isn't blue! It only looks blue because it reflects the water of this planet.... (just saying...)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

The sky is very seldom blue.

In Scotland.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Icicle said:

But the sky isn't blue! It only looks blue because it reflects the water of this planet.... (just saying...)

Don't make difficulties ;)

• Like 1

Going for a page record on a match thread with 41 pages of the same wax lyrical.

2 hours ago, waco said:

Forty pages of accusations and counter accusations ,,enough is enough,,Jack it in now for everyones sanity .........Please

You realise you don't have to read?

Comments like this are utter nonsense.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

It wasn't Craig's fault, there is that what you wanted to hear.

just a no would have done . but thanks anyhow .

3 hours ago, nagy1 said:

A further blip on the portrait you paint of me. I have a more than capable mathematical brain. Math and numbers make the world go round. You didn’t ask any math based problems either so I am not sure why you would bring that up? It is not a hard question but you are trying to drive a binary answer to something that has many subjects out of people for your own pathetic agenda. 

It it is simple to say A = B or C if you choose to ignore X,Y and Z. The bigger(whole) picture/situation needs to be taken into consideration.

As as for spelling, I would not go down that road. Next you’ll be employing the grammar police. They would have a field day with you. I choose not to go down that road. 

to.too,two,2.   ok then . ya beat me . 

• Sad 1

The Speedway Star article by Craig Cook looks like it was the website/media he put out on Monday and subsequently taken down by Cook on Monday night.  

"Cook was quick to make a statement on Monday" - SS article says 

Have SS over-stepped the mark or is it the work of Glasgow based Lannings?? and why is Cook was forced to take it down pending Inquiry has SS published it?

There is an allegation in there from Cook that the Eastbourne Track was the cause of Tom Brennan injury - god help Craig when Martin Dugard (step dad of Brennan) reads that! - surely libellous if incorrect.

Also an allegation of a "gutter" between track and kerb. Surely if there is one would have been picked up by Referees sooner / earlier this season (or is Cook implying it was created ??) or they would have been asked to fill in yet no one there has reported any "gutter work"???  any Eagles fans know about this "gutter" ??

I wonder if the SCB will have to make comment on Speedway Star for printing that interview whilst inquiry is ongoing.

A lot of apologies in SS in recent weeks, latest is on same page as these articles (P9) TOTALLY UNRELATED an apology to family of Dan Gilkes for mis-representing him.

Strange if SS have put in an article Cook was asked to take down - OUCH! 

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No need to make up a hole, Craig put on Insta the hole they created. They were obviously very proud of it!

It was the pic he posted, but the man and flag was added by a forum member.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:41 PM, timetoturnleftagain said:

Longer 2 minute version, sorry no sound and taken from tele by phone.

Video now removed by Vimeo for “ depicting extreme violence”

or someone has reported it not wanting it on here for people to make their own minds up! 

• Haha 2

Quite laughable some of the reactions on here to one of my earlier posts. I  know that during a race, red lights indicate the race has stopped and they slow down to a safe speed. I was not suggesting anything else. However, they must be prepared to stop because there may be an obstruction/hazard on the track.  In this situation they were not racing and going slowly. If I was one of the riders, seeing a Marshall on the track and from the video I believe he briefly raised his right hand/arm to point me to the inside, I would indeed stop. If you're travelling slowly there's no other reason for a Marshall to still be waving the red flag on track directly at you. And yes, I have had to do that after a race was complete due to 1st aid staff being on the track ahead. 

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Quite laughable some of the reactions on here to one of my earlier posts. I  know that during a race, red lights indicate the race has stopped and they slow down to a safe speed. I was not suggesting anything else. However, they must be prepared to stop because there may be an obstruction/hazard on the track.  In this situation they were not racing and going slowly. If I was one of the riders, seeing a Marshall on the track and from the video I believe he briefly raised his right hand/arm to point me to the inside, I would indeed stop. If you're travelling slowly there's no other reason for a Marshall to still be waving the red flag on track directly at you. And yes, I have had to do that after a race was complete due to 1st aid staff being on the track ahead. 

The only laughable thing was your post.

Trying to defend it is even more laughable.

"Don't ride towards the pit gate Craig, I know it's about 5 yards away and nothing is there but trust me, there's an invisible rider prone who you might run over". 

As stated in over 40 years of speedway and hundreds and hundreds of meetings I have never ever seen riders just 'stop'. They slow down and ride slowly by whatever the incident is and back to the pit gate, unless they are pulling up to check on the welfare of said rider.

i think the wording has got mixed up as in the race has been stopped as opposed to stop where you are  .it was just a mistake by the first person who posted it . 

no matter what you post , someone will always see another angle on it and then go off on a tangent .