British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

41 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think the wording has got mixed up as in the race has been stopped as opposed to stop where you are  .it was just a mistake by the first person who posted it . 

no matter what you post , someone will always see another angle on it and then go off on a tangent .

Yeah but, if everyone adhered to red signals, the world would be a much pleasanter place, especially on the school run.

7 hours ago, Icicle said:

But the sky isn't blue! It only looks blue because it reflects the water of this planet.... (just saying...)

The sky is blue because blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colours because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time. (just saying :P)

Heaven knows why I've found myself giving a physics lesson on a speedway forum in a thread about a match between Eastbourne and Glasgow.

It's a funny old world eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Icicle said:

But the sky isn't blue! It only looks blue because it reflects the water of this planet.... (just saying...)

wrong .

28 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The sky is blue because blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colours because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time. (just saying :P)

Is the weather generally nice where you live ?.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is the weather generally nice where you live ?.

"Blue sky most of the time" so its a fair shout  ;) 

5 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

"Blue sky most of the time" so its a fair shout  ;) 

The sky is still blue, even if it's cloudy. Even at night the sky is blue somewhere. The sky can turn red occasionally, so "most of the time" is accurate. B)

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

The sky is still blue, even if it's cloudy. Even at night the sky is blue somewhere. The sky can turn red occasionally, so "most of the time" is accurate. B)

Where does the sky stop and, is it not black unless the sun lights it up ?

(and you've just put your answers from Google) ;)

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Where does the sky stop and, is it not black unless the sun lights it up ?

(and you've just put your answers from Google) ;)

If you google more you might also find there's even a blue sky mine and a blue sky mining company B) 

Especially, er, at midnight ;)

Edited by BigBoaby

from speedway shenanigans  to planet earth .  crazy .

30 minutes ago, jenga said:

Ah, but not just planet earth B) 

Speedway does take place on planet earth, although some of the folk that watch it are on a different one.

Edited by BigBoaby
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBoaby said:

If you google more you might also find there's even a blue sky mine and a blue sky mining company B) 

Especially, er, at midnight ;)

I have 'mysky' also.

56 minutes ago, jenga said:

It's just another tangent.

• Haha 1

Think the BSPA should order Glasgow to return to Eastbourne and have the Parade and Rider Introductions done properly.;):D

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Disagree, part of what the sport is lacking. Whip up a cracking atmosphere.

Isn't it time the sport realised the 'family sport' tagline doesn't work?

I don't mean all out brawls and violence but simply drop the 'family sport' and concentrate on the thrills, spills, tensions, bit of aggro etc.

On the first point, I tend to agree but SCB Regulations make it clear that the announcer must act 'in a strictly impartial manner'. That makes criticism or comment about the opposition a non starter.

On the second, three words : Isle Of Wight. The most praised speedway team in the country and their whole ethos is based around 'family sport'.

On the third, I really don't see why you can't promote both together.