British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

8 hours ago, HGould said:

Looking at weather forecasts for the next 10 days could be at least one of them (could be any of the 3) actually misses no matches. Not ideal but surely if you are going to ban for 10 or 12 days a proportionate fine relevant to "x matches"  or a suspended fine (or Fine in the case of Cook who has previous) would be a better punishment.

Your suggesting the SCB should've based their punishment, or at least part of on the weather forecast.:blink:

Edited by screm

3 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

A statement that should have stopped after two paragraphs.

A pathetic and disproportionate reply by an individual or individuals unable to let go. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

very balanced and professional statement that puts a perspective we have not heard before..

very much tallies with what we have been told by those present.

thought at the time that the Speedway Star interview with Cook was wrong as there was an ongoing Inquiry.

time to move on 

• Haha 3

They got security ready because they knew something was about to happen. 

Says it all for me. They knew what they were doing by making it as hostile as they could 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

What a pathetic attempt form Eastbourne to obviously detract from their part in the melee

Cant see why Edward got his ban!!! He rides for my club in the top league but you cant run 30 yards and then launch yourself and scrap with people!

The funniest bit is where they say that Cook hadnt slowed down at all.........he was doing about 10mph on the video....and the marshalls were 'at the side of the track'....quite clearly they all werent

Cook and Glasgow rightly taking a large portion of the blame.........but how about punches thrown from Paul Dugard and a headbutt on Vissing from his brother

Ive no allegience to wither side but its farcical from Eastbourne that statement

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, HGould said:

very balanced and professional statement that puts a perspective we have not heard before..

very much tallies with what we have been told by those present.

thought at the time that the Speedway Star interview with Cook was wrong as there was an ongoing Inquiry.

time to move on 

you are kidding im assuming

Just now, Gavan said:

What a pathetic attempt form Eastbourne to obviously detract from their part in the melee

Cant see why Edward got his ban!!! He rides for my club in the top league but you cant run 30 yards and then launch yourself and scrap with people!

The funniest bit is where they say that Cook hadnt slowed down at all.........he was doing about 10mph on the video....and the marshalls were 'at the side of the track'....quite clearly they all werent

Cook and Glasgow rightly taking a large portion of the blame.........but how about punches thrown from Paul Dugard and a headbutt on Vissing from his brother

Ive no allegience to wither side but its farcical from Eastbourne that statement

The Dugards think they are a law unto themselves..... Not nice people in my book..

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Says it all for me. They knew what they were doing by making it as hostile as they could 

been there 3 times this season (twice brummies once leicester) and security / stewards there each time, got this one guy, "man mountain" who guards the Office / Turnstiles very polite guy though.

think the others patrol the perimeter fence as very remote and quite easy to get in to for free in places I'd think.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hostile isn't the word i would use.  A few silly comments over the pa, little kids as mascot, not exactly Galatasaray.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Me either, but what bit was Martin Dugard's headbutt at then ?  He kicked someone up the bum in the first incident from my view.

4 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Me either, but what bit was Martin Dugard's headbutt at then ?  He kicked someone up the bum in the first incident from my view.

There's another video in circulation that shows a pretty vicious headbutt (or attempted as you can't quite see if contact is made) from Martin Dugard on Vissing.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

It doesn't say that they can't see why Edward got a ban does it? It says they think the ban is unfairly disproportionate to one of the other bans given out.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

There's another video in circulation that shows a pretty vicious headbutt (or attempted as you can't quite see if contact is made) from Martin Dugard on Vissing.

Is this the one that was posted today online, welcome to Eastbourne etc ?