British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

22 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Blimey is it not about time everyone moved on ? 

I just watched the video of this meeting on Eagles TV . It was fantastic to see Tom Brennan in such high spirits and looking forward to getting back on his bike towards the end of this year. Delighted for him after all he and his family have been through. 

interesting you should mention him (Brennan), the guy Craig Cook alleged was nearly killed by the unsafe track his step dad owns, as a reason not to race.

and people wonder why the Dugards were angry with Cook?

• Like 1

.......and maybe just maybe  HGould, Craig Cook made a valid point, albeit one that touched a nerve with the "Dugard and Cook " promotion  ? 

Like him or loath him Craig Cook is a reasonably competent Englishinternational speedway rider, and might know a little about what makes a track safe to ride by ALL riders.  

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, BWitcher said:

There's another video in circulation that shows a pretty vicious headbutt (or attempted as you can't quite see if contact is made) from Martin Dugard on Vissing.

He's a bit of previous does he not, did he not wallop somebody GP early days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

interesting you should mention him (Brennan), the guy Craig Cook alleged was nearly killed by the unsafe track his step dad owns, as a reason not to race.

and people wonder why the Dugards were angry with Cook?

Maybe he hit a nerve as he wasn't far off the mark.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

He's a bit of previous does he not, did he not wallop somebody GP early days

Head butted Stefan Anderson live on Sky, and he was supposed to be a friend

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, gazzac said:

Martin Dugard sprint ? Don't think he could do that when he was riding, not much chance now! :)

Its irrelevant whether he "sprinted" or not, what is clear from that footage is sheer aggression advancing several yards and aggressively launching himself at another individual such that he was suddenly moved several yards back due to the thrust from the aggressor.  That behaviour has no place on a speedway track or anywhere else.

Just read the Eastbourne "Club Statement" which it seems just  intends to rake over the ashes and fan the flames. As previously commented, 2 paragraphs would have been enough to close the matter down. They haven't .

What follows is a highly blinkered one sided view of everything that occurred. 

Lots is made of the Glasgow team waiting until the official referee arived before complaining about track conditions. That is the CORRECT PROCEDURE.  

Then plenty of "refuting"  of pretty much everything. The lady doth protest too much. 

They can "refute" all they like but the bottom line is that their selected highlights of the events contradicts much of what I saw on the  2 minute video (now conveniently removed). 

i.e.  Craig Cook chose to ignore all Red Flags and Lights, did not reduce his speed before riding in to and around the 1st / 2nd turn towards his teammates, the Eastbourne Team and Mascots and Track Officials at his point of departure.

What I saw  on the video  was  Craig Cook slowing up on entry to the first bend and then turning right towards the open pit gates on the 2nd bend where he collided with a marshall standing in the middle of the track with his right arm directing Craig  towards he inside of the track towards the exit of the 2nd bend.... and presumably towards where the parade and all the assembled folks were standing ? 

I will agree that the ban of Eddie (Ed or Edward ?) Kennett was disproportinate. He should have been banned for 24 days for his  premeditated sprint towards the second bend from the parade with only one intention ..... to fight with Craig Cook.     What is NOT mentioned by the Eastbourne club is the failure of the other Eastbourne rider sprinting from the parade with Ed Kennett in the fist throwing to receive any ban, nor any ban of Paul Dugard for the initial verbal abuse of Craig Cook. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Hhhhmmmm......    Dugard does seem to have a violent conduct and/or temper problem

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Sounds like a right nutter.

1 hour ago, Red Flag said:

Friend and team mate at the time.

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Can't speak for anybody else but personally I don't have an ounce of respect for somebody that behaves and conducts themselves like that.  Its the same type of aggression in the clip that was shown by a poster a few posts ago at the Eastbourne track, whereby Dugard was clearly seen advancing towards a Glasgow rider and thrusting/pushing the Glasgow rider aggressively such that he was caused to suddenly move backwards a few yards.  He obviously has a violent conduct and/or temper problem.  The guy needs help.

• Like 2

There is plenty more footage of Martin Dugard involved in far worse incidents I have from his riding days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Flag said:

was it not a straight right to the face . i think it was  .. no heads involved . think . you are wrong .. mr Anderson hit his head on his own  toolbox on the way down as well .. 

another stirring it with fake facts  . and you wonder why this thread has gone mental . everybody putting their own spin on things and basically not many of the fake facts are true , true !

i remember seeing that meeting on sky .

Edited by jenga