British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

This is surely going to be one of the Matches of the year with a first class Glasgow outfit home and away and the Home side in good form.

Eagles certainly missed Georgie Wood last week but his 14 at I O W last night shows he is over his illness and will be a significant player tomorrow. Lawson and Kennett are in great form and top scored with 11 each as Ipswich beat Belle Vue last night in the Premiership. (King 8 and Harris 1 puts it in perspective)  Kennett produced the fastest time of the season last week and if he makes the gate in front of Cook we have a stupendous race on our hands.

Tigers are even stronger I think replacing Sargeant who is weak at Arlington.

It is boiling up nicely and any Speedway fan who could but does not go tomorrow is making a big mistake. I anticipate the tie being decided in a gripping heat 15 but cannot predict the outcome.

• Like 1

Should be a cracker,  hoping for Tigers to progress but it will be a tight meeting

• Like 1

Eastbourne have to be weaker with Georgie Wood. Having to move out of the reserve birth where he had a possible 7 rides and now also faces tougher rides like Ben Morley had too..

7 hours ago, Hunters said:

This is surely going to be one of the Matches of the year with a first class Glasgow outfit home and away and the Home side in good form.

Eagles certainly missed Georgie Wood last week but his 14 at I O W last night shows he is over his illness and will be a significant player tomorrow. Lawson and Kennett are in great form and top scored with 11 each as Ipswich beat Belle Vue last night in the Premiership. (King 8 and Harris 1 puts it in perspective)  Kennett produced the fastest time of the season last week and if he makes the gate in front of Cook we have a stupendous race on our hands.

It is boiling up nicely and any Speedway fan who could but does not go tomorrow is making a big mistake. I anticipate the tie being decided in a gripping heat 15 but cannot predict the outcome.

Tigers are weaker than the last time. Starke missing due to injury and his score last time won't be met by r/r. Connor Coles scored well and we can't expect our young aussie prospect to score the same. And as for James being replaced that won't mean Mikkel will score more as I assume he hasn't even seen the place before. Can't see anything but a home win by at least 10.

one key man will make the difference tonight, vissing, at times he is dreadful on small tracks, if he has a bad un tonight Eastbourne will go thru.

Cant see much between the 2,6,7 riders  but eastbournes top 3 should get amongst cook and Jensen.

Also the only Eastbourne rider that can ride the white line is wood and he should be dealing with glasgows bottom end at hame.

sadly im at Lingfield but it should be a belting atmosphere, eastie to sneak thru.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:05 AM, Hunters said:

Tigers are weaker than the last time. Starke missing due to injury and his score last time won't be met by r/r. Connor Coles scored well and we can't expect our young aussie prospect to score the same. And as for James being replaced that won't mean Mikkel will score more as I assume he hasn't even seen the place before. Can't see anything but a home win by at least 10.

Looking at updates seems eagles have doctored the track and Glasgow not happy. According to John Cook the track s OK and bowtell and Edwards have been practicing all day and they think it's fine. Thats OK then, they after all are experienced riders especially Alfie who's proved to be a safe sensible rider. 

• Sad 1

its okay , lets crack on please ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jenga said:

its okay , lets crack on please ..

What are you doing why aren't you out enjoying yourself or working rather than watching a Speedway forum 

• Like 1

Cook and Cookie having a battle who can be a bigger cock it seems.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What are you doing why aren't you out enjoying yourself or working rather than watching a Speedway forum 

FYI. i am watching the GP on bt .and jumping in and out on here . is that okay wid u ?   10 2 @ eastbourne 

ERR sorry its now 15 / 3 to eastie .

Edited by jenga

Eagles were being introduced along with 7 young team mascots on the centre green, numerous mechanics, track staff etc and Glasgow riders start riding round on their bikes, hope they get a fine from the BSPA, by I doubt that will happen

• Like 1