British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

10 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So Cook was premature... but who were the other 2 riders? And did they not have a member of track staff to aim at? If not why pick out Cook? :blink:

Cook was first on the scene. I think Vissing was one of the others but cannot be sure. It was a lot to take in!!

Looks like Craig is guilty already on here , surprise surprise in that case i call for the electric chair that should appease most on here.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Looks like Craig is guilty already on here , surprise surprise in that case i call for the electric chair that should appease most on here.

Far to soft , make him give back his signing on fee .

• Like 1

Just now, geoff100 said:

Far to soft , make him give back his signing on fee .

Then the electric chair and parade him through Cumbria on a wooden cross shouting freedom.

Will that suffice.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Well, I have tried to state facts and he is certainly guilty of certain things such as refusal to ride heat 1 and throwing a head butt. But no, I dont wanna see him hung, drawn and quartered tbh.

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

While this incident may be blown out of proportion,Cook might be wary of these kind of actions in future,for though he has “ cult status at Ashfield” don’t think the Promotion will like  this kind of attention brought upon them and having to apologise in public.There are plenty more big fish in the sea. .Dont think they are the type of people to apologise if they though there was nothing to it.

59 minutes ago, TBC said:

As I have stated earlier, having seen the video of the Cook incident it clearly shows the marshal with the flag deliberately step into the path of the bike at the last second requiring Cook to put his feet down to slow the bike. This shows that Cooks intention was not to ride into the marshal but to slow down when the marshal stepped in front of him, that is clear.

But and this is the thing no one comes out of this smelling of roses,

The marshal acted recklessly if not  foolishly at the best by stepping in front of a bike with no brakes.

Cook who is a professional sportsman SEVERLY over reacted to the situation, yes there may have been booing and jibes but without his over reaction the scrum and the handbags would not have taken place.

Like I said with what went on that night no one comes out of this looking good, Cook, the marshal, Glasgow, Eastbourne, and not least speedway   

For those that are still saying what they saw etc this looks like the definitive version of what happened at the parade. One additional question did the Eastbourne promotion advise the Glasgow team manager what was required of the Glasgow riders and the procedures used at Eastbourne for the parade? 

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

For those that are still saying what they saw etc this looks like the definitive version of what happened at the parade. One additional question did the Eastbourne promotion advise the Glasgow team manager what was required of the Glasgow riders and the procedures used at Eastbourne for the parade? 

Shouldnt have to its been the same for the last 80 yrs !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Tigers have already been there this season.Short Term memory loss maybe.!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

All I can answer to that is that I dont recall this happening before in 50 years of watching at Arlington and I have seen several other clubs that have a similar format for the parade. Not sure how they do it at Glasgow.

Like I have said in my posts, it would have been okay if Craig didnt kick off. As for the poster that says the marshall was reckless, he was the last line of defence so to speak, before the personel/staff etc on the track. Had he not done this we could be discussing a colision between a rider and someone else and everyone would be quetioning why the marshalls did not stop him! Just think about it. Your a marshall. At that moment you are stood down, flag on the ground, arms folded and thinking about the evening ahead when suddenly you realise some of the bikes are being pushed off early and then the are practice starting down the main straight and into turn one. Your job is to stop them going round into the back straight and hitting someone. If he was reckless, good on him, he put his own safety at rish to stop injury to others.

You have to have been there to realise how potentially dangerous this could have been. And no, at this stage I am NOT saying Craig was out of order. All of it could have been a misunderstanding, not knowing the process or even a mechanic just saying 'ready' for the push off and some others following suit, completely unaware that they were doing wrong. What happened after the conlision was out of order.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stevec said:

All I can answer to that is that I dont recall this happening before in 50 years of watching at Arlington and I have seen several other clubs that have a similar format for the parade. Not sure how they do it at Glasgow.

Like I have said in my posts, it would have been okay if Craig didnt kick off. As for the poster that says the marshall was reckless, he was the last line of defence so to speak, before the personel/staff etc on the track. Had he not done this we could be discussing a colision between a rider and someone else and everyone would be quetioning why the marshalls did not stop him! Just think about it. Your a marshall. At that moment you are stood down, flag on the ground, arms folded and thinking about the evening ahead when suddenly you realise some of the bikes are being pushed off early and then the are practice starting down the main straight and into turn one. Your job is to stop them going round into the back straight and hitting someone. If he was reckless, good on him, he put his own safety at rish to stop injury to others.

You have to have been there to realise how potentially dangerous this could have been. And no, at this stage I am NOT saying Craig was out of order. All of it could have been a misunderstanding, not knowing the process or even a mechanic just saying 'ready' for the push off and some others following suit, completely unaware that they were doing wrong. What happened after the conlision was out of order.

wasn't there but a Poole supporting friend who was has told me one interesting fact that no one seems to have picked up on.

He is adamant that when Referee saw Cook and Vissing set off pushed by their mechanics, (a) Cook gestured with a wave to other Glasgow riders to follow him (b) as Cook went round 3rd turn (full home straight away from altercation point) the referee put red stop lights on.

I've track marshalled at several Midlands tracks and other forms of Motor Sport and it's at that point as a Marshall that you immediately wave red flag.

On that basis, as neutral but part of Marshalls fraternity, would support Marshall 100% even if he moved as like somebody said "he is last line of defence".

Bloke should be praised and rewarded not attacked. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

wasn't there but a Poole supporting friend who was has told me one interesting fact that no one seems to have picked up on.

He is adamant that when Referee saw Cook and Vissing set off pushed by their mechanics, (a) Cook gestured with a wave to other Glasgow riders to follow him (b) as Cook went round 3rd turn (full home straight away from altercation point) the referee put red stop lights on.

I've track marshalled at several Midlands tracks and other forms of Motor Sport and it's at that point as a Marshall that you immediately wave red flag.

On that basis, as neutral but part of Marshalls fraternity, would support Marshall 100% even if he moved as like somebody said "he is last line of defence".

Bloke should be praised and rewarded not attacked. 

Nice one. There was a hell of a lot to take in and I didnt notice the lights. I enjoyed the whole thing whatever, right or wrong!)

1 hour ago, Fingersfin said:

Having spoken to someone who was very close to the action, I’m told that Craig swerved to go around the marshal, but the marshal moved in front of him to stop him and it was at this point they came together. Craig therefore did not intentionally steer into him and in fact attempted to take avoiding action.

Avoiding action or to go round the marshall  and carry on riding round the track?  Only Craig Cook knows the answer to that, but I know what I saw and NO RIDERS, Glasgow or otherwise should have started riding round that track with introductions still taking place and Eaglet Mascots and many other people on the centre green, completely idiotic and dangerous and I would add all the Glasgow riders came out to the parade with their helmets already on covering their faces, thats no way to be introduced its ignorant.  Anyway I had no feelings for or against Craig Cook to me he was just another speedway rider but after witnessing ALL of his antics on Saturday, and I was in the stadium from 6pm watching from the back straight not far from the pits it was obvious from that time onwards that there was going to be a fuss made by the opposing team lead it appeared by Craig Cook.  The referee said the track was fine to ride, Craig Cook never fell off, there were a couple of other falls by others but nothing out of the ordinary (yes Eddie did get excluded but only because he hit the air fence, carried on riding for half a lap and then the air fence deflated where he'd hit it so the referee had to stop the race).  Eastbourne had a 4 point deficit going into this match and we were the underdogs, Glasgow could have made a good meeting out of it and possibly come away with a win but they threw it away even before the meeting started, the fans from Glasgow who travelled down deserved better and I hope the referees report was accurate and that appropriate punishments are dished out.

• Like 3

Mr.Cook was dealt with by the S.C.B. for  'assaulting an official ' at the fours in 2017  ( Jason Pipe acting as a clerk of the course) he was fined £65 .

Shows you how highly the SCB treasure their 'officials'.

• Sad 3