British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

37 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Think some of u need to get to specsavers, vid shows cook hit flag man then headbutts him if u cant see that get some specs.

Think you need the specs

• Like 2

I’ve got 2 possibilities for what went through the marshals head; 

This parade is a bit boring and I fancy a game of:

1) British bulldogs with a speedway bike 

2) bullfighting - I’ve got the flag, let’s go! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Is Cook heading off the track at the time? 

It looks that way, as you do when the red flag is shown.

12 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Cook was mid track,,, flying round like a maniac trying to burst the track record and collect as much roadkill as possible!!!,,, but to answer your original question, looks like it until some fecking eeygyt tries to stop him with a flag on a stick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

most likely not. Most riders would expect to do more than 3/4 of a lap during this period

Just now, stevec said:

most likely not. Most riders would expect to do more than 3/4 of a lap during this period

It was blatantly obvious that he was. As you do when a red flag is shown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

isn't the pit exit halfway down the back straight tho.  they come out one and in the other dont they ?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

Well looking at the footage it clear to me that the marshall walks into Craig Cook's path.

It is not brightest thing to do walk in front of rider on a bike whilst in motion.

That was definitely not a headbutt in was a shoulder barge.

For me its the actions of an over zealous marshall. 

You need to fully understand the situation.

First, I agree that Cook didnt deliberatly ride into the marshall. The marshall steps to the left as Cook goes to the right but the important thing is, the riders needed to be stopped. They should not have been riding round the track at the time. Lots of people are having a dig at the marshall but this was an unusual situation. The parade and announcements were going on, Eastbourne team being introduced and guests including children in the area. The Marshall just wanted to stop the bikes going round. The red lights were also on.

I have met this marshall a couple of times and he is one of the most placid young lads you will come across. You can tell that by the way he walks away from the confrontation with Cook rather than retaliating

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Trust me, he most likely was not.

Like many on here I like Craig Cook and was looking forwards to seeing him ride. I completly understand that people want to defend him, if this happened elsewhere and say Ed Kennet was involved, I would also want to defend him.

BUT as I keep saying to people and everyone seems to either not read all the posts or chose to ignore you must understand the whole thing.

Parage was still ongoing

Bike were not meant to be riden round the track at this time, they should have been stationary will both teams were introduced

The marshall had to react to something that he would not expect to happen. I track full of riders, personel and guests including kids just a little behind him and riders on bikes coming round towards him. I dont think either Craig nor the Marshall wanted a collision but the marshall did what he thought he needed to do to stop him from carrying on round the track, whih is likely to have been what his intention could have been.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Anyone else think it a bit strange that all this was being filmed by someone standing near the scene of the incident by someone standing on the track?

No

1 hour ago, Cj69 said:

Video of the Cook incident.  I don't think he did ride into the Marshall, who seemed to move into his path as Cook tried to avoid him. Reading posts seemed like he aimed for him. Also don't see a headbutt more a shoulder barge (can see him dip shoulder to push him with it) but with the helmet peak that sticks out it was a stupid move.  

I don't condone his actions and he should never had been on track for this incident to happen.  Some sort of fine/ban should still be in place for his actions leading to the 'brawl'.

This is only my opinion from watching the short video. 

How can Cook be charged with being responsible for the brawl. He reacted to what the steward did, yes I agree. But surely what then happened is a result of those that over reacted to what they perceived as being a deliberate act, which it wasn't. As I suggested in an earlier post Eastbourne officials and volunteers and spectators are not blameless in what was a successful attempt to wind up and intimidate Glasgow riders and fans.

• Like 2