British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

1 minute ago, stevec said:

What did I say that made it look like I think the opposite?

To quote: First thing I heard that there was issues was when the announcer said that the home team had complained about the track and did not want to ride it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

To quote: First thing I heard that there was issues was when the announcer said that the home team had complained about the track and did not want to ride it.

Oh Sugar! Thanks, I will edit. I did not mean to type that!

Edited by stevec

Just now, stevec said:

Oh Sugar! Thanks, I will edit. I did not mean to type that!

I didn't think you did

You overlook that the owner of Glasgow Speedway apologised to the fans in the stadium. Yes, he went on the PA system was interviewed and apologised.

Good manners has never ever hurt anyone - memo to Jon Cook.

10 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What a load of tosh. What the Tigers management will have learned is what a good track preparation team they have, what a good professional announcer they have, what a good set of fans they have who applaud opposing riders for there efforts. The Tigers reputation is earned by the product they put on at Ashfield - riders, staff, volunteers and fans. The team have tried to entertain on there travels on a variety of tracks, surfaces and shapes. We lost tonight - most Glasgow fans predicted it including myself - so well done to the Eastbourne riders and I stress the riders. Reading various posts the promoter, track staff and announcer don't appear to be blameless and some of the eagles fans should be ashamed of themselves. 

Tonight the Tigers management also learned another approach to speedway as they were up against an old hand in the promotion game - he made sure that the track, the track staff and the fans got into Tigers riders heads. So the owners will have also learned who coped with the aggravation and intimidation and who didn't. They should now ensure that the riders be made aware that these things happen and other teams will produce crap tracks and all the other things that can influence a result  and learn to stay focussed and deal with it

Edited by Endeavour
Not finished reply

9 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Good manners has never ever hurt anyone - memo to Jon Cook.

Memo to Craig Cook: Don't start throwing punches in front of children.

16 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What a load of tosh. What the Tigers management will have learned is what a good track preparation team they have, what a good professional announcer they have, what a good set of fans they have who applaud opposing riders for there efforts. The Tigers reputation is earned by the product they put on at Ashfield - riders, staff, volunteers and fans. The team have tried to entertain on there travels on a variety of tracks, surfaces and shapes. We lost tonight - most Glasgow fans predicted it including myself - so well done to the Eastbourne riders and I stress the riders. Reading various posts the promoter, track staff and announcer don't appear to be blameless and some of the eagles fans should be ashamed of themselves. 

Tonight the Tigers management also learned another approach to speedway as they were up against an old hand in the promotion game - he made sure that the track, the track staff and the fans got into Tigers riders heads. So the owners will have also learned who coped with the aggravation and intimidation and who didn't. They should now ensure that the riders be made aware that these things happen and other teams will produce crap tracks and all the other things that can influence a result  and learn to stay focussed and deal with it.

Eastbourne have a proffessional announcer, hence why he has been used at the British Speedway GP.

Eastbourne have professional track staff and fans that applaud away riders that do well

A certain few Eastbourne fans will let us down and trust me, I have been at away meetings where certain fans let them down.

Jon Cook made some comments that maybe f=he could have steered away from but he was seriously annoyed.

7 minutes ago, stevec said:

Eastbourne have a proffessional announcer, hence why he has been used at the British Speedway GP.

Eastbourne have professional track staff and fans that applaud away riders that do well

A certain few Eastbourne fans will let us down and trust me, I have been at away meetings where certain fans let them down.

Jon Cook made some comments that maybe f=he could have steered away from but he was seriously annoyed.

Certainly a post from Mike Butler above makes reference to the announcer - see below

Edited by SharpenRake

1 hour ago, Mike.Butler said:

Cook was totally out of order but situation was then inflamed by home promotion and announcer over the mike....rarely have I been at a meeting with such ill-feeling..

from what I saw perhaps the ref should have thrown cook out of the meeting...

and from what I heard the Eastbourne presenter should be censored for provoking the situation when a wiser head was called for. 

6 minutes ago, stevec said:

The focus should be on what Craig Cook did.

I expect the SCB to announce his ban in the morning.

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

Certainly a post from Mike Butler above makes reference to the announcer.

You did not witness the shameful behaviour of one of Glasgow's riders. 

What happened after that- and what others did - is trifling compared to Craig Cook's intolerable actions.

The total focus should be on Craig Cook who lost the plot and then some.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Tonight the Tigers management also learned another approach to speedway as they were up against an old hand in the promotion game - he made sure that the track, the track staff and the fans got into Tigers riders heads. So the owners will have also learned who coped with the aggravation and intimidation and who didn't. They should now ensure that the riders be made aware that these things happen and other teams will produce crap tracks and all the other things that can influence a result  and learn to stay focussed and deal with it.

Rubbish.

I was there. I know what I saw.  Glasgow (possibly one rider?) complain about the track, ride off whilst the home team & their mascots (young children) are still being announced & their No.1 still wearing his helmet headbutts a member of the track staff. There have been occasions when the track has been dodgy. Tonight it most certainly wasn't. 

And according to you its entirely Eastbourne's doing? 

Even the Glasgow owner apologised at the end of the meeting.

The focus should be on what Craig Cook did.

I expect the SCB to announce his ban in the morning.

And everyone else walks away scot free (see what I did there). How about announcer being fined. Jon Cook losing his licence, the track staff member ejected from the stadium given a life ban.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

And everyone else walks away scot free (see what I did there). How about announcer being fined. Jon Cook losing his licence, the track staff member ejected from the stadium given a life ban.

I suspect you're no stranger to wind-ups.