British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

Just now, The Doctor... said:

Is this the one that was posted today online, welcome to Eastbourne etc ?

No idea to be honest, I saw it on Facebook a fair few days ago now.

Unfortunately have no links to it, but I think it was filmed by a Glasgow fan. Could be wrong though.

Seems some on here want their pound of flesh, particularly Martin Dugard. Whatever Dugard did or didn't do after the SCB investigation he has nothing to answer, so can we not put all this to bed.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

It doesn't say that they can't see why Edward got a ban does it? It says they think the ban is unfairly disproportionate to one of the other bans given out.

It was unfairly disproportionate. 

He should have received more for getting involved in something that had absolutely nothing to do with him. He wasn't provoked, he wasn't wound up, he just wanted to get involved in some violence.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

Seems some on here want their pound of flesh, particularly Martin Dugard. Whatever Dugard did or didn't do after the SCB investigation he has nothing to answer, so can we not put all this to bed.

It likely would have been... till Eastbourne posted and opened up the nest again.

Besides, why should it be 'put to bed'? If you're no longer interested in the topic you move on..  topics naturally are 'put to bed' when interest in them wanes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It likely would have been... till Eastbourne posted and opened up the nest again.

Besides, why should it be 'put to bed'? If you're no longer interested in the topic you move on..  topics naturally are 'put to bed' when interest in them wanes.

We can go round in circles for as long as you want, the SCB have band the three riders, their decision wont change and its very unlikely there will be further punishment.

18 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

No idea to be honest, I saw it on Facebook a fair few days ago now.

Unfortunately have no links to it, but I think it was filmed by a Glasgow fan. Could be wrong though.

I'd hope their angle of this doesn't intimate a headbutt then as it was most definitely not...this was my view. 

https://vimeo.com/353630896

Edited by The Doctor...

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Some people obviously not read article as I have.

Eastie have made the point that Craig Cook got a 2 page article in SS last week while Inquiry going on and they had decided not to comment until Inquiry done.

Been consistent in that it seems and that is what any sensible Club in any sport would do.

They have had a say on their version of events. Whether you agree or not they are entitled to have their say and on the whole it is well written and professional in my opinion as a neutral.

I think the point they are trying to make and explain about 90 minutes of provocation and Glasgow trying to get match stopped and condition of the track is only something you can really comment on if you were there, I wasn't there so have to take a view based on video, what Glasgow have said and what Eastie have said, and what people who were there have said..

Track looks fine to me on all video I have seen from 18 secs to 23 minutes.

What Cook and Facenna said in SS last week was somewhat contradictory, Cook very aggressive Facenna a lot more balanced.. What Eastie say here is closer in conciliation and tone to Facenna statement.

May be best leave it with comments from Facenna and whoever wrote this. 

Dugards are no saints and neither is Cook or Vissing an explosive mix but handbags compared to some things I've seen over the years before social media.

Gary Peterson / Arthur Browning / Crazy Jack Millen / Kelvin Mullarkey - now they knew how to scrap - wouldn't be around a day in this age!

Edited by HGould
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I'd hope their angle of this doesn't intimate a headbutt then as it was most definitely not...this was my view. 

Looks like I owe Kyle Newman an apology. I saw Newman moving towards Andersen, I saw the lunge at MBA, but didn't spot that it was Dugard who had sprinted over to do the deed.

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Looks like I owe Kyle Newman an apology. I saw Newman moving towards Andersen, I saw the lunge at MBA, but didn't spot that it was Dugard who had sprinted over to do the deed.

Martin Dugard sprint ? Don't think he could do that when he was riding, not much chance now! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

https://vimeo.com/353630896

That wasn't the video or angle I saw so I can't 100% confirm... However, the back peddling of the Glasgow rider is pretty similar so if it is the same incident I'm happy to say no headbutt. Wish could find the other vid to confirm.

1 hour ago, screm said:

We can go round in circles for as long as you want, the SCB have band the three riders, their decision wont change and its very unlikely there will be further punishment.

Nothing changes from discussion on a forum, that isn't the point. People discuss relevant topics of interest until a point they decide there is something else they would prefer to spend their time discussing. It is up to the individual to decide when they reach that point, not one person saying a thread should end.

As said, threads naturally come to an end when the interest in the topic wanes. It's a natural evolution.

40 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Nothing changes from discussion on a forum, that isn't the point. People discuss relevant topics of interest until a point they decide there is something else they would prefer to spend their time discussing. It is up to the individual to decide when they reach that point, not one person saying a thread should end.

As said, threads naturally come to an end when the interest in the topic wanes. It's a natural evolution.

A just think someone has made a mountain out of a mole hill, not sure which rider it was tho.

Blimey is it not about time everyone moved on ? 

I just watched the video of this meeting on Eagles TV . It was fantastic to see Tom Brennan in such high spirits and looking forward to getting back on his bike towards the end of this year. Delighted for him after all he and his family have been through. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Blimey is it not about time everyone moved on ? 

I just watched the video of this meeting on Eagles TV . It was fantastic to see Tom Brennan in such high spirits and looking forward to getting back on his bike towards the end of this year. Delighted for him after all he and his family have been through. 

Well, it had just went 20 hours without any response ;)