British Speedway Forum
Hunters

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

2 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Rubbish.

I was there. I know what I saw.  Glasgow (possibly one rider?) complain about the track, ride off whilst the home team & their mascots (young children) are still being announced & their No.1 still wearing his helmet headbutts a member of the track staff. There have been occasions when the track has been dodgy. Tonight it most certainly wasn't. 

And according to you its entirely Eastbourne's doing? 

Even the Glasgow owner apologised at the end of the meeting.

Where have I said it was all Eastbourne's doing. I said that the Glasgow promotion will have learned a lot and that there way of promoting and organising a speedway meeting will not necessarily be the approach adopted by others. And that this includes the need to ensure that in future riders are not intimidated or got at by the actions and behaviour of opposition promoters, staff and fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

And everyone else walks away scot free (see what I did there). How about announcer being fined. Jon Cook losing his licence, the track staff member ejected from the stadium given a life ban.

C. Cook was at fault. He caused the mayhem. The responsibility rests totally with him. 

He surely cannot be selected for Team GB in future and I would suggest that, listening to the Glasgow owner's words, his future with the Tigers is precarious.

Jon Cook lose his licence? Why? He told it like it was. The announcer also wound it down as the meeting went on about Craig Cook.

Stop trying to deflect the blame from where it truly belongs. The cause of all this trouble was Craig Cook and he should pay the price.

7 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

And everyone else walks away scot free (see what I did there). How about announcer being fined. Jon Cook losing his licence, the track staff member ejected from the stadium given a life ban.

Who did Jon Cook head butt? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Where have I said it was all Eastbourne's doing. I said that the Glasgow promotion will have learned a lot and that there way of promoting and organising a speedway meeting will not necessarily be the approach adopted by others. And that this includes the need to ensure that in future riders are not intimidated or got at by the actions and behaviour of opposition promoters, staff and fans.

Glasgow's riders were not intimidated. Most of their discussion with the ref were without Eastbourne people involved. 

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

No idea. By the way how did the bandits do tonight hope that beat the pesky bears.

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

Exactly --- nor did Jon Cook ride a speedway bike into someone --- he would miss, he was not that good!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is that the same track staff member that Craig Cook rode his bike into and then attempted to head butt. Certain people representing Glasgow speedway acted disgracefully tonight and brought the sport into disrepute. Eastbourne are not blameless in all of this, club officials making juvenile comments on the mic to provoke the opposition was very unprofessional. A stronger more senior referee would have been able to handle the situation better, instead of letting it get out of hand.

3 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Blimy I would have thaught his nose would have got in the way

• Haha 5

look its time we all went back to work. So to try and make it clear I have at no stage said that Craig Cook wasn't out of order and perhaps he will be findd, banned, lose his job, quit speedway , who knows. BUT things happen for a reason and reading all the posts on here and elsewhere and especially from Glasgow fans at the meeting others are NOT blameless and that needs to be taken into account as well. Good evening and once again well done to the Eatbourne eagles riders.

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Is that the same track staff member that Craig Cook rode his bike into and then attempted to head butt. Certain people representing Glasgow speedway acted disgracefully tonight and brought the sport into disrepute. Eastbourne are not blameless in all of this, club officials making juvenile comments on the mic to provoke the opposition was very unprofessional. A stronger more senior referee would have been able to handle the situation better, instead of letting it get out of hand.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

He surely cannot be selected for Team GB in future and I would suggest that, listening to the Glasgow owner's words, his future with the Tigers is precarious.

Only way Craig Cooks future is precarious is if he lets off a fire extinguisher in a hotel 

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

look its time we all went back to work. So to try and make it clear I have at no stage said that Craig Cook wasn't out of order and perhaps he will be findd, banned, lose his job, quit speedway , who knows. BUT things happen for a reason and reading all the posts on here and elsewhere and especially from Glasgow fans at the meeting others are NOT blameless and that needs to be taken into account as well. Good evening and once again well done to the Eatbourne eagles riders.

Glasgow fans at the meeting? Where?

Just now, Tellitasitis said:

Only way Craig Cooks future is precarious is if he lets off a fire extinguisher in a hotel 

Craig Cook should be shown the door by Glasgow...even if it means not winning the league.

Sport would be better without him

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Glasgow fans at the meeting? Where?

There was a few on the pits bend.