British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar CL 2/8/19@19.30

tigers v beers .  just been having a gander on the kyle bickley interview . now i know my lugs are not great , but did the guy doing the interview just call kyle,  conner or do i need an aid or something .  could be a language thing ..!!

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Think r/r for Starkey doesn't look a good thing. Not sure who could fill his boots for a while, cos he's a proper soldier and will be missed.

Probably try and get an injury replacement in , who i have no idea.

Just now, Gazc said:

Probably try and get an injury replacement in , who i have no idea.

On an average of 6.44 it wont be easy. Palovaara would fit but he really would need to be much more aggressive, he tends to win if he gates but settles too easily after bend 2 otherwise. Starkey is the engine room and will switch inside and out trying to chase an opponent for a point. Whats not in doubt is that r/r cant continue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jenga said:

see sarj had a good debut for the oppo tonight . . should have stuck with him .

You obviously haven’t see him at Ashfield the last few weeks.Bottom line now is if you don’t perform your out ( not only at Glasgow)

29 minutes ago, MD said:

Another excellent meeting on a very warm night but disappointing to give away a league point to a team who only provided three race winners. Palm Toft looked disinterested unlike last time and Riss warmed up as the night went on. Glasgow did well changing the reserves to suit each heat with Bailey really coming on each week. I would hold off on the race suit for MBA, he needs to ride more assertively and learn quickly that he'll have to pick a line, inside or out, sitting mid track invites passes. However 1 point is 1 better than Sarj in his last 2 home meetings.

Hopefully next week we will have a replacement for Starkey, r/r yielded 4 points tonight, far less than PS would have.

Bears may have only had 3 race winners but Glasgow had 9 last places that's why the Bears got so close.......

• Like 1

Sad to hear about Paul.

good man to have in your team , solid and a trier. Hard to replace.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Bears may have only had 3 race winners but Glasgow had 9 last places that's why the Bears got so close.......

Correct and as i say they deserved the point they got.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Sad to hear about Paul.

good man to have in your team , solid and a trier. Hard to replace.

Probably impossible to replace the points he gets especially at home on his average.

Need to try and pull a rabbit out the hat , i suspect Starkey will be back before the 6 week timescale.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Just now, slyfox said:

Eight last places and an FX for Cook  compared to Redcar's six. Tough start for MBA which needs to improve.

Rasser and cookie grab the headlines.Paul Starkes been every bit as important in the last month or so. Strange to see so many passes from visiting riders but sums up the racetrack we now have.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, highroad119 said:

Rasser and cookie grab the headlines.Paul Starkes been every bit as important in the last month or so. Strange to see so many passes from visiting riders but sums up the racetrack we now have.

Should also add fantastic crowd again tonight.

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, Gazc said:

He is joking.

Someone is.

10 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Great point for Bears , now for Berwick. UTB

Bears had a great chance to turn us over. MBA making his debut scoring 1 from 5, r/r for Paul only getting 4 and a fall from Cookie. So great effort from the boys to win the match. As MD says good enthusiastic crowd and great to see so many kids. And again good fast racing from both teams, can't wait for next Friday. 

10 hours ago, Gazc said:

Another entertaining meeting and the Bears probably deserved the point , highlight being Riss and Jensen in heat 13.

Young Connor improves by the week and was well on the pace and young Kyle continues to impress he should try the wider line more as he looks in control and a lot faster using this line.

But another 3 points in the bag and down to Eastbourne tomorrow night to hopefully make the final , a big ask without Starke who was badly missed tonight but you can never write this team off.

It is noticeable that Kyle very seldom try’s an outside pass,Bailey does look a prospect.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It is noticeable that Kyle very seldom try’s an outside pass,Bailey does look a prospect.

Pulled the outside pass of last night of the 4th bend so he is capable and looked very smooth executing it.

• Like 1