British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porkypotter

POTTERS V LEICESTER KOC 3 / 8

could be squeaky bum time tonight at loomer road when the potters lock horns with Leicester. cant help but think that the potters long tail might be their undoing as it has done for most of the season. I think the top four are a match for any team but the rest have not quite got the desired oomph but hope they prove me wrong. weather is looking just right for some action so come on the potters.

After seeing Leicester and stoke first hand I will be amazed if Leicester do not walk away with 4 points they are the best national league side I’ve seen for ages.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

After seeing Leicester and stoke first hand I will be amazed if Leicester do not walk away with 4 points they are the best national league side I’ve seen for ages.

I think you will find that it's a cup match tonight.

1 hour ago, porkypotter said:

could be squeaky bum time tonight at loomer road when the potters lock horns with Leicester. cant help but think that the potters long tail might be their undoing as it has done for most of the season. I think the top four are a match for any team but the rest have not quite got the desired oomph but hope they prove me wrong. weather is looking just right for some action so come on the potters.

From what i know it will be Leicester who will come out on top in this one. Got a lot of quality in them.

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think you will find that it's a cup match tonight.

Sorry for that lol but I still think Leicester will win .

We are still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

Stroll in the park for Leicester.

delighted with Joe Lawlor’s score.... keep it up Joe

Stoke to week at reserve just like my team should be interesting when they come to Plymouth especially the reserve race anything could happen but Leicester are very special and they have a canny knack of picking great guests.

A little unfair to blame the unattached riders at reserve. They are were doing there best. Maybe elsewhere in the team were off the pace. Leicester were that good.

In Perks/Hume they have great strength in heats 13/15 also the Thompson twins will progress as the season goes along.Surely Hume will get another chance in the Championship at some stage they need to change the rules to stop riders like him being punished because of the points limit.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 9:54 AM, pete cc said:

A little unfair to blame the unattached riders at reserve. They are were doing there best. Maybe elsewhere in the team were off the pace. Leicester were that good.

As I was only about 25 miles away during the afternoon, I decided to make this my annual visit to Loomer Road.  With the "bad press" Stoke have received on here in the recent  past I have usually enjoyed my previous visits, often finding criticism to have been wildly inaccurate or  blatantly prejudiced. TBH there are still some matters which need addressing but nothing which can seriously be claimed ruins the sport. And the racing, other than when Joe Lawlor or to a lesser extent Dan Thompson were out,  was hardly the most gripping.  This no doubt enhanced the evening as I was always looking for Lawlor's next race 

However full credit must be given to them getting the meeting flowing, although had it been abandoned after heat 14 there could have been no complaints. 85 minutes from the parade to conclusion of heat 15  is pretty good though. With Adam Isherwood pushing off a grateful Leicester rider , whose bike had stalled, the desire throughout was plain to see. As you said Leicester were just too good on the night and with a rider performing well at the top level in their side, the result was never in doubt, but no criticism of any riders from me.

I could argue that Connor Coles was unintentionally knocked off as I had the perfect view of the incident, but, a different exclusion, wouldn't have altered the result and no way could the referee have seen the contact from the box. .  

Sadly, I didn't meet a group of first timers whose evening was ruined by the presenter referring to Plymouth as The Devils and who would never go to speedway again as a result. B) Simply an unsung group whose aim was to keep things moving and who succeeded. 

Sympathies to the Development League guys but with the track like a lake at the time there is no way they could have raced. Ironically the same thing happened on my visit last season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Ore said:

As I was only about 25 miles away during the afternoon, I decided to make this my annual visit to Loomer Road.  With the "bad press" Stoke have received on here in the recent  past I have usually enjoyed my previous visits, often finding criticism to have been wildly inaccurate or  blatantly prejudiced. TBH there are still some matters which need addressing but nothing which can seriously be claimed ruins the sport. And the racing, other than when Joe Lawlor or to a lesser extent Dan Thompson were out,  was hardly the most gripping.  This no doubt enhanced the evening as I was always looking for Lawlor's next race 

However full credit must be given to them getting the meeting flowing, although had it been abandoned after heat 14 there could have been no complaints. 85 minutes from the parade to conclusion of heat 15  is pretty good though. With Adam Isherwood pushing off a grateful Leicester rider , whose bike had stalled, the desire throughout was plain to see. As you said Leicester were just too good on the night and with a rider performing well at the top level in their side, the result was never in doubt, but no criticism of any riders from me.

I could argue that Connor Coles was unintentionally knocked off as I had the perfect view of the incident, but, a different exclusion, wouldn't have altered the result and no way could the referee have seen the contact from the box. .  

Sadly, I didn't meet a group of first timers whose evening was ruined by the presenter referring to Plymouth as The Devils and who would never go to speedway again as a result. B) Simply an unsung group whose aim was to keep things moving and who succeeded. 

Sympathies to the Development League guys but with the track like a lake at the time there is no way they could have raced. Ironically the same thing happened on my visit last season

Bit Puzzled by Your last Line on the track being like a Lake, the only time on Saturday that Stoke Track looked like a Lake was Heat 15 when there was a sudden downpour, but the 4 Riders to be in the heat much to My amazement went out and rode the Heat in Torrential Rain. are You referring to the Return Match at Leicester which was like a lake.

43 minutes ago, griffo said:

Bit Puzzled by Your last Line on the track being like a Lake, the only time on Saturday that Stoke Track looked like a Lake was Heat 15 when there was a sudden downpour, but the 4 Riders to be in the heat much to My amazement went out and rode the Heat in Torrential Rain. are You referring to the Return Match at Leicester which was like a lake.

The original post is talking about the MSDL match that was to take place after the main meeting. The track was still flooded after heat 15 and so the MDSL match did not start.

• Like 1