British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v Belle Vue 5/8/19

Best meeting seen at Wolves for quite a few years, the track was good with the outside line working so riders were not just having to hug the kerb coming off bends. Also good to get through a meeting there without several crashes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Best meeting seen at Wolves for quite a few years, the track was good with the outside line working so riders were not just having to hug the kerb coming off bends. Also good to get through a meeting there without several crashes.

You had to spoil it didn't you  ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Less crashes than we saw at the British Final I guess.

Anyway let’s not start a safe track discussion. It used to get boring with you know who.

• Like 1

This is a very disappointing result with what’s a stake. The team is just not  performing and we have carried riders who are really not up to it for far to long. The bv management is once again not on it and is not getting the best out of the team but I still think we are ok to make the top four. With a bit of luck. 

17 hours ago, Aces51 said:

The track was better than I have seen it for some years and produced some good racing. Wolves deserved their victory. Howarth and Schlein were impressive and most of the Wolves put in solid performances. 

The Aces, Bjerre apart, were disappointing. Fricke rode better than his points suggest but it wasn't what is required from a number one. The second strings  were very poor and although Bewley would probably have scored more than his replacement, we still wouldn't have been close to getting a point.

I must admit I thought Musielak put in more than some of his temporary team mates.

Cracking meeting with some excellent racing, good quality presentation and all done in about 90 minutes :approve:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I must admit I thought Musielak put in more than some of his temporary team mates.

Cracking meeting with some excellent racing, good quality presentation and all done in about 90 minutes :approve:

Quality presentation! Has Porky retired? 

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Quality presentation! Has Porky retired? 

:D

I like him but I accept not everyone does.

19 hours ago, bruno said:

On a different point, for two heats tonight the sponsors ,i presume ,were allowed to watch from the center green. There was over 50 on the center green including officials etc. Is this an incident waiting to happen. Don't get me wrong I hate h&s namby pamby rubbish as much as the next person but I looked at the amount on the infield and thought a runaway bike could cause carnage here

Seems as though H and S rules vary from track to track.

Edited by topaz325