British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v Belle Vue 5/8/19

8 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

The track was better than I have seen it for some years and produced some good racing. Wolves deserved their victory. Howarth and Schlein were impressive and most of the Wolves put in solid performances. 

The Aces, Bjerre apart, were disappointing. Fricke rode better than his points suggest but it wasn't what is required from a number one. The second strings  were very poor and although Bewley would probably have scored more than his replacement, we still wouldn't have been close to getting a point.

Yes Wolves definitely in top 4 race now. Thorsell and Morris improved form. Belle Vue could easily miss out as predicted. 

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes Wolves definitely in top 4 race now. Thorsell and Morris improved form. Belle Vue could easily miss out as predicted. 

Swindon and King's Lynn are presently in a better position than Wolverhampton to get into the play offs. 

The more meaningful league table comparing points dropped at home against points gained away shows:

Poole +12

Ipswich +12

Belle Vue +5

Swindon =

King's Lynn =

Wolves -2

Peterborough -10

To miss out Belle Vue  need to drop points at home and two of those below them to pick up points away. Of course that might happen but they are not in danger at the moment. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Swindon and King's Lynn are presently in a better position than Wolverhampton to get into the play offs. 

The more meaningful league table comparing points dropped at home against points gained away shows:

Poole +12

Ipswich +12

Belle Vue +5

Swindon =

King's Lynn =

Wolves -2

Peterborough -10

To miss out Belle Vue  need to drop points at home and two of those below them to pick up points away. Of course that might happen but they are not in danger at the moment. 

That could easily happen at homein the next meeting especially after being beaten tonight by such a wide margin 

Given up on BV? Not a single post from a Wolves fan since the meeting ended.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Disagree. IF and it’s a big IF we win at Swindon on Thursday then we will soon be counted out again. 1 point ahead of Swindon who have 2 matches up on us. 

The Aces already have points in the bag so I reckon will stay top 4. 

It will take one almighty surge in form to start winning away and give much needed extra points for the top 4.

IF that was to happen then Wolves would be peaking at the right time and would be huge favourites to go on and win the title.

Only a win at Swindon will keep us right in the top 4 race.

However well done to the boys for making the Aces look ordinary on the road again.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Given up on BV? Not a single post from a Wolves fan since the meeting ended.

3 mins later check above. 

On a different point, for two heats tonight the sponsors ,i presume ,were allowed to watch from the center green. There was over 50 on the center green including officials etc. Is this an incident waiting to happen. Don't get me wrong I hate h&s namby pamby rubbish as much as the next person but I looked at the amount on the infield and thought a runaway bike could cause carnage here

25 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Disagree. IF and it’s a big IF we win at Swindon on Thursday then we will soon be counted out again. 1 point ahead of Swindon who have 2 matches up on us. 

It will take one almighty surge in form to start winning away and give much needed extra points for the top 4.

IF that was to happen then Wolves would be peaking at the right time and would be huge favourites to go on and win the title.

However well done to the boys for making the Aces look ordinary on the road again.

We are nowhere nowhere near being in the top 4 and then you talk about about us being huge favourites for the title. Get a grip Steve for goodness sake !

53 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

We are nowhere nowhere near being in the top 4 and then you talk about about us being huge favourites for the title. Get a grip Steve for goodness sake !

Perhaps you ought to actually read his post again.

He has clearly stated IF Wolves were to make the top four they would be strong favorites. To have done that would require a huge upturn in away form. It's a view I completely agree with.

Whether that upturn in away form will come is another matter.

• Like 1

There is often a team who has a lot of momentum at the business end of the season and if Wolves make the top four it will be them. 

• Like 1

Much may depend on the weather when you have riders like Rooboy in ya line-up;)

7 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I don't think you will win at Swindon but you could win at Belle Vue and Kings Lynn, Swindon could win at Belle Vue to help you too. It could happen, don't lose faith yet. 

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think you will win at Swindon but you could win at Belle Vue and Kings Lynn, Swindon could win at Belle Vue to help you too. It could happen, don't lose faith yet. 

Wolves wont win at belle vue. They are dire out our track. Swindon and lynn could win tho. 

Luckily for us we have to go to Peterborough again so will be looking at another 4 points that. 

Good meeting last night. Unfortunately because most the passes were done by wolves riders. 

Berge away average is now under 2. How the hell is he still in a job

Worrall is so inconsistent  and fricke just isnt at the races lately. Thinks hes had 1 to many big accidents that have taken its toll. Maybe a week or 2 rest will do him good. 

Toby carvery tried for little points.  At least the effort was there 

7 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Wolves wont win at belle vue. They are dire out our track. Swindon and lynn could win tho. 

Luckily for us we have to go to Peterborough again so will be looking at another 4 points that. 

Can’t see you winning at Peterborough in your current away form.