British Speedway Forum
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches 5th Aug

gonna start calling this the  witches  home track soon the amount of times they've been here this season! 

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

If that's the case i like it.It's such a namby pamby society now.When somebody says or does something slightly out of place all hell lets loose and people want fines and bans and people to be hung drawn and quartered.It sounds like a throw back to the 80's and boy did we love it.We need controversy and bad boys in speedway that is what we are lacking imo.It may bring a few fans back ti may not but lets have more of it.How many people would come to watch Pedersen throw his toys out of the pram:D

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

Blimey attack seems a bit extreme if he truth be known.So i take it this is a police matter now then:blink:.Now lets just dream of the days of Norris and Ott.

While I agree with your views, having read reports from folk I respect who were there, Cook (possibly others too) was out of order.

having said that I don't think that Lynn should be punished for misdeeds done in another clubs colours. That's just one of the many drawbacks of doubling up/down etc.

Norris, Ott, Shane Parker were showmen and the sport misses their like massively.

going back into hibernation now :D

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

While I agree with your views, having read reports from folk I respect who were there, Cook (possibly others too) was out of order.

having said that I don't think that Lynn should be punished for misdeeds done in another clubs colours. That's just one of the many drawbacks of doubling up/down etc.

Norris, Ott, Shane Parker were showmen and the sport misses their like massively.

If a rider deserves a ban (not passing judgement on this individual case) then unfortunately both teams have to suffer. You couldnt have the situation of it only applying to one league

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve0 said:

You seem to be relishing at the prospect of a ban - having raised the subject on at least 3 threads that I’ve looked at :rolleyes:

Glad to see you're keeping up!:t:

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

Probably only Batch,Kurtz or Holder that could probably guest but not up to Lambert's standard at the NA.Only Kurtz i would fancy but who knows if he could guest anyway.If Bomber weren't riding against us he would take it up i'm sure,he never turns away a guest booking:D

Not sure about Batch (other than history!!) but Jack and Brady will go straight from Poland to Sweden rather than consider a uk guest booking and having to pay their own flights!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I remember Ott chasing someone with a hammer once,crowd loved it. Might have been pantomime stuff but it was great:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I remember Ott chasing someone with a hammer once,crowd loved it. Might have been pantomime stuff but it was great:rolleyes:

He liked hammers, took a dislike to the Hull pits one night and put a ruddy great hole in them :D

Many years before that I remember Russell Osborne running the length of the centre green at Boston wielding a bloody great shovel chasing a touring Russian rider who had annoyed him:party:

But we mustn't get nostalgic for the good old days of entertainment, cos it's frowned on by some:nono:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure about Batch (other than history!!) but Jack and Brady will go straight from Poland to Sweden rather than consider a uk guest booking and having to pay their own flights!

Considering Lambert and Cook tried to dig holes in our track and how much Rob Lambert hates Poole I hope Matt Ford tells KL to stuff any potential guest bookings. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Considering Lambert and Cook tried to dig holes in our track and how much Rob Lambert hates Poole I hope Matt Ford tells KL to stuff any potential guest bookings. 

Did they find a spot that never had a hole in it ! ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Good idea that. Then when you want a guest from kings lynn Peterborough or Ipswich you will get the same response back. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Good idea that. Then when you want a guest from kings lynn Peterborough or Ipswich you will get the same response back. 

Ha, good to know Buster is 5 years old :rofl:

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Come now, that’s all a bit childish. Anyway riders are self employed and will guest as they wish, although you can’t blame them for not diverting from Poland to Sweden via the UK for the money on offer over here. 

26 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Is this on bt tonight ?

Nope, nothing till next week.