British Speedway Forum
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches 5th Aug

When one team has a good day at the office and one has a poor day this is what happens.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer,  for either team.  Think most fans would prefer to be where Ipswich are in the League than where Lynn are

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Well, most of the season the Witches have had more than one rider turn up, definitely not the case last night! 

Lynn were certainly on the ball and fully deserved the win. 

A few comments to make though. 

After the track walk some of the dirt was dragged off taking away any potential outside grip, inside line was the way to go and Witches didn't adapt, but that's what home track advantage is all about. 

Although there didn't appear to be any contact between Jorgensen and Heeps in heat 5 he certainly dive bombed Cam and gave him nowhere to go. Hence the fall and exit in an ambulance. Home fans cheering always disappointing. 

Small disagreement between some of us ensued, nuff said. 

Maybe we have been punching above our weight this season and bubble now burst a bit, most of  the riders now need to take a good look at themselves, regroup and start again to prevent any potential slide. 

Side issue, a social media video of Mr Cooks incident at Eastbourne became available last night, how is he not banned after riding into and headbutting a member of trackstaff at the meeting? 

Unbelievable! 

Now watch it again without the anti cook glasses on, the Marshall clearly steps left into cooks path, a speedway bike has no brakes, what's he meant to do? 

• Like 3

Why a crowd last night Buster has saved speedway 

44 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Now watch it again without the anti cook glasses on, the Marshall clearly steps left into cooks path, a speedway bike has no brakes, what's he meant to do? 

Where can I find this video

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

How they have been up at the top of the league for the whole season  is a massive surprise  when they perform like that. 

It was an off night for them, every team has them. They are up the top and virtually in the Play Offs already because they have been very good all season, they shouldn’t be judged on one meeting. Don’t forget they have comfortably beaten us three times at the Foxhole and got a draw last time at Lynn as well as various other good performances throughout the season. You just wonder if they are running out of steam at the wrong time but I don’t think they are or should be looking to make changes. 

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Side issue, a social media video of Mr Cooks incident at Eastbourne became available last night, how is he not banned after riding into and headbutting a member of trackstaff at the meeting? 

Unbelievable! 

Maybe because that doesn’t appear to be what happened. 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Don't be a Div Baldy, Marshall waving a red flag well before he gets to him means stop, not ride past him. 

As far as I'm concerned he's bang out of order with his reaction. 

• Like 3

Premiership table looking better than some expected this morning for the 6-man Pirates!:t:

• Like 1

Don't be a Div Baldy, Marshall waving a red flag well before he gets to him means stop, not ride past him. 

Okay lol,, let's see what happens next time a red flag comes out, no one stops and you know it. He was just about to go into pits, no need for the Marshall to step into the path of a moving motorcycle. 

And like you have just said, Cook was going to ride past him. 

Now I'm not saying Cook is all innocent, but Cook didn't ride into a Marshall, the Marshall moved into the path of cook

Cook is now like the new nicki peodo, whatever they do is wrong

Also I would like to see much more of that type of thing,, I bet it made the atmosphere good and added plenty of bite to the meeting.

We need more pantomime villans,, the youngsters would love it, mma is huge because we love some behind kicking. 

Speedway, it's not for wimps. 

Edited by Baldyman

No Marshal should be on track at any time when bikes are. Whether bikes are meant to be there or not! 

The Marshal 100% caused this incident. If Cook rode around with red lights on that’s wrong, it’s not the job of a marshal to be on track and standing in front of a moving bike. EVER!

Each to there own views and opinions I say, that's what forums are about, banter and debate. 

There will always be somebody out there trying to convince you that black is white. 

Won't change my opinion though! 

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Stop possibly! He had plenty of time and i expect words were exchanged which led to the head butt. The Marshall clearly took the law in to his own hands and should have let Cook pass, red flag means go slow as its unsafe to continue at speed, it doesn't mean stop where you are immediately but if the Marshall or anyone moves in to your path you stop not just ride in to him. 

Edited by foreverblue

29 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Each to there own views and opinions I say, that's what forums are about, banter and debate. 

There will always be somebody out there trying to convince you that black is white. 

Won't change my opinion though! 

Not trying to convince you black is white,, but it's clear to see the rider didn't ride into the Marshall,, he moves across into riders path, or does he not? 

And of course you and I are all entitled to our opinions, even if I'm divvy.  

Maybe I'm looking at the video clip wrong. 

Edited by Baldyman

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Not trying to convince you black is white,, but it's clear to see the rider didn't ride into the Marshall,, he moves across into riders path, or does he not? 

And of course you and I are all entitled to our opinions, even if I'm divvy.  

Maybe I'm looking at the video clip wrong. 

I've known you long enough, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

Having just seen the incident imo the Marshall shouldn't  e in the middle of the track. 2nd he most certainly stepped into Cook's path, Cook turned right to try and avoid him and the Marshall took a further step so Cook couldn't avoid him. No brakes remember. All this head butting is nonsense, Cook is stood across his bike remember and went to shoulder the Marshall but from a standing position when you shoulder someone your head will dip and this makes it look like he's trying to head butt him. 

It's all a nonsense in my eyes and worse use to go on years ago, and we all loved that. 

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Stop possibly! He had plenty of time and i expect words were exchanged which led to the head butt. The Marshall clearly took the law in to his own hands and should have let Cook pass, red flag means go slow as its unsafe to continue at speed, it doesn't mean stop where you are immediately but if the Marshall or anyone moves in to your path you stop not just ride in to him. 

The daft bit is, it Cook dug his peg in to stop and didn't in time, everyone would be saying Cook is a plank, why didn't he just go round him.