British Speedway Forum
Badge

Kings Lynn stars v Ipswich witches 5th Aug

56 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No Marshal should be on track at any time when bikes are. Whether bikes are meant to be there or not! 

The Marshal 100% caused this incident. If Cook rode around with red lights on that’s wrong, it’s not the job of a marshal to be on track and standing in front of a moving bike. EVER!

Was at redcar on sunday 2 marshals on forth bend to stop riders going round again no one ignored them same at newcastle on sun night red flag like a red light means STOP.

Unfortunately there are too many people on this thread and the Eastbourne one with an agenda and using their pre existing opinion of Cook to form their view without looking at the incident for what it was. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Icicle said:

More importantly . Any news on how bad Camo injured??

Hope he is ok i think his throttle stuck open going into first corner his bike stood up and took off was some power in that bike he done well to get off but he went a bang into the fence.

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Unfortunately there are too many people on this thread and the Eastbourne one with an agenda and using their pre existing opinion of Cook to form their view without looking at the incident for what it was. 

Reason why I don't like Cook is cos he does stuff like this.

1. You are not allowed to ignore the ref

2. You are not allowed to ride off half way through the presentation

3. You are not allowed to attack anyone, whether you feel justified or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

No Marshal should be on track at any time when bikes are. Whether bikes are meant to be there or not! 

The Marshal 100% caused this incident. If Cook rode around with red lights on that’s wrong, it’s not the job of a marshal to be on track and standing in front of a moving bike. EVER!

Are you aware of what led up to this fracas?

the intros were taking place. The Glasgow team were announced. As the announcer went to introduce the home team, Cook and two other riders then decided go disrespect the crowd and   Eastbourne by starting their bikes and riding away. The ref put the red light on. There were families and children standing on the track by the introductions. The start marshall tried to stop Cook and his two honchos from riding close to the people on the track by stopping them. Cook then threw a wobbly and nearly ran over a flag marshall. Rather than apologise to the trackman, he shoulder barged him, physically assaulting him in front of hundreds of people. The start marshall was doing nothing but protect people standing on the track. Cook should not have been sitting on his bike riding it. He should have beennstanding waiting for intros to finish. 

I don’t have an agenda against Cook. Can take him or leave him. But clearly he was the cause of the whole mess. If he had acted with sense and due diligence none of this would have occurred. A more feisty marshall would have lamped Cook one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Reason why I don't like Cook is cos he does stuff like this.

1. You are not allowed to ignore the ref

2. You are not allowed to ride off half way through the presentation

3. You are not allowed to attack anyone, whether you feel justified or not.

And if you are thinking those things based on the other night and what you’ve read/seen that’s fair enough. But there are people who don’t like him and couldn’t wait to wade in on him on the threads as soon as they got a whiff of what went on. 

He’s done wrong and been a silly billy but it’s been blown way out of proportion as things usually are on here.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

The daft bit is, it Cook dug his peg in to stop and didn't in time, everyone would be saying Cook is a plank, why didn't he just go round him. 

I suspect he was wound up before all that happened, it was probs just the next thing in the series .....

26 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Was at redcar on sunday 2 marshals on forth bend to stop riders going round again no one ignored them same at newcastle on sun night red flag like a red light means STOP.

Marshals only produce red flag when red lights are on. And only from a designated area from centre green. I’ve never seen any rider ignore red lights. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Are you aware of what led up to this fracas?

the intros were taking place. The Glasgow team were announced. As the announcer went to introduce the home team, Cook and two other riders then decided go disrespect the crowd and   Eastbourne by starting their bikes and riding away. The ref put the red light on. There were families and children standing on the track by the introductions. The start marshall tried to stop Cook and his two honchos from riding close to the people on the track by stopping them. Cook then threw a wobbly and nearly ran over a flag marshall. Rather than apologise to the trackman, he shoulder barged him, physically assaulting him in front of hundreds of people. The start marshall was doing nothing but protect people standing on the track. Cook should not have been sitting on his bike riding it. He should have beennstanding waiting for intros to finish. 

I don’t have an agenda against Cook. Can take him or leave him. But clearly he was the cause of the whole mess. If he had acted with sense and due diligence none of this would have occurred. A more feisty marshall would have lamped Cook one. 

The fracas is irrelevant.

1. If ref puts on ref lights riders must stop because it’s a SAFETY issue.

2. Marshals should produce a red flag when red lights are on and only from a designated area from the centre green because of SAFETY issues.

Seems 1 and 2 have been broken. So both parties are equally at fault. The rest of the discussion is reasons, excuses, what might have/ should have/could have done. 

Equally i’m no fan of Cook, overrated prima donna. 

Cook’s actions were wrong, equally so the marshal. Both have a duty of care when on track.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Marshals only produce red flag when red lights are on. And only from a designated area from centre green. I’ve never seen any rider ignore red lights. 

The fracas is irrelevant.

1. If ref puts on ref lights riders must stop because it’s a SAFETY issue.

2. Marshals should produce a red flag when red lights are on and only from a designated area from the centre green because of SAFETY issues.

Seems 1 and 2 have been broken. So both parties are equally at fault. The rest of the discussion is reasons, excuses, what might have/ should have/could have done. 

Equally i’m no fan of Cook, overrated prima donna. 

Cook’s actions were wrong, equally so the marshal. Both have a duty of care when on track.

Not relevant to this thread i know- but why are riders allowed on track without helmets on doing a parade on bikes - surely this is as much a safety issue as any other.

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not relevant to this thread i know- but why are riders allowed on track without helmets on doing a parade on bikes - surely this is as much a safety issue as any other.

They’ve had to have helmets on at Lynn for years, I assume it varies from council to council and safety certificates etc. 

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Also Dugard has said kids were on centre green and not the track 

Cook was stopped on the 4th bend. Just passed here is where intros take place and people were standing. 

Easy solution. No bikes on track during parade. 

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cook was stopped on the 4th bend. Just passed here is where intros take place and people were standing. 

Easy solution. No bikes on track during parade. 

Yep, banning practice laps. Sorted. 

In the Dugard video clip anyone spot the track photographer coming into shot ON THE TRACK?  No doubt if the flag marshall hadn't been there then Cook would just have continued on to further disrupt the presentations.