British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

Clash of the top 2 at Wimborne Road on Thursday night. A big crowd will no doubt be in attendance to witness what should be a close thrill contest played out on the now excellent Poole track. 

With Brady and Nico back Poole are not far off full strength while Ipswich are at full strength. This meeting could well decide who finishes top of the pile before the playoffs start next month.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clash of the top 2 at Wimborne Road on Thursday night. A big crowd will no doubt be in attendance to witness what should be a close thrill contest played out on the now excellent Poole track. 

With Brady and Nico back Poole are not far off full strength while Ipswich are at full strength. This meeting could well decide who finishes top of the pile before the playoffs start next month.

Thoughts?

But you will be found wanting in the Play/offs if we get there with Tobiasz back we will wipe the floor with you over two legs.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

But you will be found wanting in the Play/offs if we get there with Tobiasz back we will wipe the floor with you over two legs.

What has Swindon got to do with this thread? You are a week early.

I think KP and Ted will be trump cards at reserve if used properly, so I'm going to say it's down to Hawkins to decide how many if any points the witches get. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

What has Swindon got to do with this thread? You are a week early.

Giving Shovler plenty of time to think up his usual waffle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I think KP and Ted will be trump cards at reserve if used properly, so I'm going to say it's down to Hawkins to decide how many if any points the witches get. 

If its down to Hawkins you won't get any points. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

What with your reserves, i don't think so. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If its down to Hawkins you won't get any points. 

That's the problem, he has plenty to play in the outcome

Just now, foreverblue said:

What with your reserves, i don't think so. 

Perks/Vissing are no pushovers also you have no big hitters heat 13/15 you will be struggling .Also  Klintd and Josh G are not reliable anough i would pick Poole all day long over two legs i  recon we would beat you by 12 Pts  plus at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Perks/Vissing are no pushovers also you have no big hitters heat 13/15 you will be struggling .Also  Klintd and Josh G are not reliable anough i would pick Poole all day long over two legs i  recon we would beat you by 12 Pts  plus at home.

Ok bye then if it's that simple. Shame you won't get a pick with not being close to the top. Obv not that good. Let's continue to talk about the two top teams which aren't Swindon! Lol B)

48 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Giving Shovler plenty of time to think up his usual waffle.

Rubbish, obv very boring in Swindon and there isn't really a Swindon thread that active. Remember when Gavan said Poole were gonna get smashed at Ippo and didn't happen? Looks like Sid is setting himself up for something similar. I'll be saving the post for Sept/Oct :D

• Haha 1

Ipswich to win to keep things interesting for a little while longer...

Harris - 6

Heeps - 6

Lawson - 6

Allen - 6

King - 8

Kennet - 8

KP - 6

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

18/4/2019 Supporters Cup

Swindon 45 Poole 45

27/5/2019 Premiership 

Swindon 45 Poole 45

Ok....If you say so:rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Josh and Nicolai scoring for fun in Poland today (as they did on Thursday). Josh 12 pt max; Nic 14 points from 5.

• Like 1