British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

It’s been his MO for years and years and still people bite, fair play. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

They are favourites when anyone challenges him about Poole but massive underdogs during every preview. 

A little bit of banter eh Dog i got a bit of a bite!!!! honestly it is very tight indeed have you enjoyed your season so far.?

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A little bit of banter eh Dog i got a bit of a bite!!!! honestly it is very tight indeed have you enjoyed your season so far.?

Yeah I like Shov and find his banter amusing. Can't understand why people get so wound up about it.

From a Swindon point of view its been a let down away from home but for the first time in years I actually look forward to going now the track has improved loads. From a general point of view for the whole league, its interesting as have no idea who will win it. Poole are solid no doubt and if Holder and Kurtz are going well at PO time then think they are probably the team to beat. Can't see them picking us if we get there though so would guess our PO will be against Ipswich.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah I like Shov and find his banter amusing. Can't understand why people get so wound up about it.

From a Swindon point of view its been a let down away from home but for the first time in years I actually look forward to going now the track has improved loads. From a general point of view for the whole league, its interesting as have no idea who will win it. Poole are solid no doubt and if Holder and Kurtz are going well at PO time then think they are probably the team to beat. Can't see them picking us if we get there though so would guess our PO will be against Ipswich.

If Poole are top and we get the choice we will most likely not pick Swindon or Ipswich. In my opinion we will pick whoever the other side is which currently is Belle Vue 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If Poole are top and we get the choice we will most likely not pick Swindon or Ipswich. In my opinion we will pick whoever the other side is which currently is Belle Vue 

Yeah agree with that. I thought BV were home and hosed but if we could get a win up there next week then will drag them into a fight with us and Wolves for 3rd and 4th.

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah agree with that. I thought BV were home and hosed but if we could get a win up there next week then will drag them into a fight with us and Wolves for 3rd and 4th.

I think wolves are the only other option for the playoffs . belle vue could be caught cant see kings lynn making it with lambert injured and cook facing a ban after the incident at Eastbourne on Saturday evening .what ever way it goes the playoffs could be pretty close this season 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I think wolves are the only other option for the playoffs . belle vue could be caught cant see kings lynn making it with lambert injured and cook facing a ban after the incident at Eastbourne on Saturday evening .what ever way it goes the playoffs could be pretty close this season 

If Cook isn't banned then the sport is even more corrupt than we thought. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I said before Belle Vue could be caught and their position at the top is fragile. Swindon definitely have the tools to beat them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

If Cook isn't banned then the sport is even more corrupt than we thought. 

Craig cook was involved in a incident at the stadium a few years ago when he nearly run laura over on the centre green who was the club doctor at the time

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

Craig cook was involved in a incident at the stadium a few years ago when he nearly run laura over on the centre green who was the club doctor at the time

Yes and the other week Scott Nicholls said on tv he was temperamental. Never liked him but supported him when he rode in gp or for GB.

And there was me thinking this was the Poole vIppo thread..

2 hours ago, ray c said:

So that is why they aren't allowed to go over the centre green any more. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

So that is why they aren't allowed to go over the centre green any more. 

Cook riding for King's Lynn tonight. Obviously trying to sweep the whole thing under the carpet. 

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Cook riding for King's Lynn tonight. Obviously trying to sweep the whole thing under the carpet. 

Not been banned as of yet so he is entitled to ride for his club