British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

Not been banned as of yet so he is entitled to ride for his club 

Yes i know that but maybe should be suspended pending enquiry. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes i know that but maybe should be suspended pending enquiry. 

Innocent until proven guilty!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Innocent until proven guilty!

Pass judgement then.....

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Pass judgement then.....

What was the man with the red flag doing in the middle of the track?  It looks like the rider is going to go past the flag man (at slow speed) but the man decides to move to his left to block the rider cauSing the rider to ride into him.  In reaction to that, the rider tries to head butt him - which is clearly not an acceptable reaction but the flag man was definitely in the wrong but that doesn’t excuse the head butt. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

What was the man with the red flag doing in the middle of the track?  It looks like the rider is going to go past the flag man (at slow speed) but the man decides to move to his left to block the rider cauSing the rider to ride into him.  In reaction to that, the rider tries to head butt him - which is clearly not an acceptable reaction but the flag man was definitely in the wrong but that doesn’t excuse the head butt. 

Why did Cook ignore the Red Flag though. One of the first things you learn as a novice is always obey the red flag when on track...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

The flag man is the official - you obey the officials instruction at all times. He tried to ignore him and then assaulted him......

• Like 1

Ipswich having a tough time at Lynn tonight heeps injured in the process as well  

From viewing that what was the Marshall doing in the middle of the track, no wonder Cookie lost it . No excuse for the headbutt but doesn't look as clear cut as first seemed

2 minutes ago, bruno said:

From viewing that what was the Marshall doing in the middle of the track, no wonder Cookie lost it . No excuse for the headbutt but doesn't look as clear cut as first seemed

The flag marshal was attempting to stop Cook and the other two who rode off from the introductions before the home team had been announced. The marshal was under orders to stop Cook who should have been standing waiting for the intros to finish.

Cook needs a ban and fine for ignoring the officials orders. Bang out of order.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The flag marshal was attempting to stop Cook and the other two who rode off from the introductions before the home team had been announced. The marshal was under orders to stop Cook who should have been standing waiting for the intros to finish.

I'm hoping the rest of the vid gets released at some point.  Hangers on got involved and turned it into something far bigger.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree they were out of order, but the reality is, Cook was heading OFF the track so there was absolutely no need to step in front of him as he did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

I'm hoping the rest of the vid gets released at some point.  Hangers on got involved and turned it into something far bigger.  

I'd suggest it's not been shown because it doesn't portray Eastbourne or Mr Dugard in a good light :)

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

I'd suggest it's not been shown because it doesn't portray Eastbourne or Mr Dugard in a good light :)

and there was more problems later in the meeting as well 

26 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Maybe it's not being shown cos it's under investigation?

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

and there was more problems later in the meeting as well 

The person i was with got the newman one on video as it was obvious what was gonna happen.  Not much went on tho really apart from dugard telling vissing where to go.