British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

9 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

What if he was on the track already tho  ?  The introduction were happening at this point remember.. 

NO marshal should ever be on track when bikes are. Simple.

48 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not quite sure why this is on the Poole v Ipswich meeting thread, but as I put on the other thread, the flag marshall was acting as instructed as the ref had put the red lights on when Cook set off before the rider parade and presentations had been completed - in fact were less than half way through.  Cook nor any other rider should have been riding the track at that point - end of!!

No marshal should ever be on track when bikes are. Only if safe to do so. Cooks actions are a different matter. The fact Cook WAS on the track meant the Marshall should NOT be! Simples.

Do these "marshalls" have any kind of induction before they are given the job, I say that loosely as all the probably get is free entry. 

We haven't seen any of the "afters" that went on. I wonder why. Does it show others in a bad light ?Cook should be fined, that marshall was half of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Do these "marshalls" have any kind of induction before they are given the job, I say that loosely as all the probably get is free entry. 

We haven't seen any of the "afters" that went on. I wonder why. Does it show others in a bad light ?Cook should be fined, that marshall was half of the problem.

The Marshall was in the wrong but Cook's reaction was wrong and he should be banned for bring the sport in to disrepute. There is no excuse for Cook's actions. 

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

NO marshal should ever be on track when bikes are. Simple.

No marshal should ever be on track when bikes are. Only if safe to do so. Cooks actions are a different matter. The fact Cook WAS on the track meant the Marshall should NOT be! Simples.

They always have been esp at Lakeside when they hold the rope out so riders couldn't take a sneaky look at the gates or turn 1 from the other side. Cook was in the wrong I'm afraid, the ref seemed to think so anyway if he put his red lights on. And what's this a few years ago when he nearly ran over the track doctor??! 

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The Marshall was in the wrong but Cook's reaction was wrong and he should be banned for bring the sport in to disrepute. There is no excuse for Cook's actions. 

the marshall put his self in danger and craig in danger no brakes and all that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ray c said:

the marshall put his self in danger and craig in danger no brakes and all that 

Craig the one who ignored the red lights which meant  he ignored the refs instructions, so should get punished for that. 

• Like 1

R/R for Heeps 

29 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They always have been esp at Lakeside when they hold the rope out so riders couldn't take a sneaky look at the gates or turn 1 from the other side. Cook was in the wrong I'm afraid, the ref seemed to think so anyway if he put his red lights on. And what's this a few years ago when he nearly ran over the track doctor??! 

Yes I’ve seen some tracks do do this. Ipswich used to as well? Hopefully this incident will ensure NO track will have a marshal on track when bikes are on. 

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Yes I’ve seen some tracks do do this. Ipswich used to as well? Hopefully this incident will ensure NO track will have a marshal on track when bikes are on. 

But how many years have they done this, and never been a problem before. Tell Cook he has to stay in pits whilst presentation is on, where he was going anyway, so sure he'll agree! 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But how many years have they done this, and never been a problem before. Tell Cook he has to stay in pits whilst presentation is on, where he was going anyway, so sure he'll agree! 

Doesn’t matter how long something has been done, if a flaw has been identified it needs actioning. 

It’s generally only when an incident happens that changes are made. No Marshal should be on any track when bikes are. It’s common sense.

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Ipswich still do

RR for Heeps on this occasion helps Ipswich at Poole where Heeps normally struggles. It means Kennett, KP and King can take his rides!

We should still get the points but it will be much closer. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

RR for Heeps on this occasion helps Ipswich at Poole where Heeps normally struggles. It means Kennett, KP and King can take his rides!

We should still get the points but it will be much closer. 

King is very up and down at Poole, like Lawson! 

It could only be r/r for Heeps - he's a second string like Richie - and they are not running r/r for anyone else!  Poole only had a guest for Richie when it was r/r for Brady.

Didn't you only entertain us meeting before last?  Great variety in this top league..

Heeps has scored 3 twice at wr this season, so anything more would make us seem stronger.  On a different note, KP has been pants since going to reserve, as expected, but ya never know, he does have the ability to jump out the start and be a roadblock, providing its not his first race