British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich still do

I’m guessing this practise may change as a consequence, or be very surprised if it’s allowed to continue.

Ipswich are a very inconsistent team at the moment so could be close or easy win. Harris can be excellent, King an Lawson can be good at Poole too. 

So on Thursday at Poole (weather permitting) the parade will consist of 12 stationary bikes being lined up on the track - Ippo infront of the startline and Poole behind the startline.  Riders will stand behind their bikes on the centre green with their mechanics/helpers and be introduced and announced individually starting with the Ippo Number 7.

There will be a track marshall - sometimes the deputy Clerk of the Course - displaying a red flag on the track between the start and the first bend to stop riders riding away too early.  Yes thats on the track not on the centre green, just like it happens at many other tracks who have the parade in similar style.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 5

cant see anything other than a comfortable for us to be honest we shall see

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So on Thursday at Poole (weather permitting) the parade will consist of 12 stationary bikes being lined up on the track - Ippo infront of the startline and Poole behind the startline.  Riders will stand behind their bikes on the centre green with their mechanics/helpers and be introduced and announced individually starting with the Ippo Number 7.

There will be a track marshall - sometimes the deputy Clerk of the Course - displaying a red flag on the track between the start and the first bend to stop riders riding away too early.  Yes thats on the track not on the centre green, just like it happens at many other tracks who have the parade in similar style.

The way it should be at every track so unsavoury incidents like the stupid one at Eastbourne don’t occur.

KISS - keep it simple stupid. ;)

• Like 1

I have every faith in SCB Co-ordinator Neil Vatcher in sorting all the evidence submitted including what he witnessed with his own eyes and reaching the correct conclusion. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Ipswich still do

As far as I recall, the marshall stands on the centre green holding the rope across the track.  When the red lights go on, this gives an instruction to any rider that they must come to a controlled stop, not carry on around another corner.

42 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think they stand on the track for the practice starts after parade,,, or at least they used to

Yes and with a red flag ready. He ushers them to a certain point diwn the straight

Its to prevent practice starts being undertaken on the bend and potentially causing dangerous ruts there

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

NO marshal should ever be on track when bikes are. Simple.

I'l give you that.

Yeah that's what he does,, so they are away from the immediate exit from bend 2, don't want any ruts there 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Yeah that's what he does,, so they are away from the immediate exit from bend 2, don't want any ruts there 

I believe it was started after Lorams crash as Simota picked up grip in a rut.

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The way it should be at every track so unsavoury incidents like the stupid one at Eastbourne don’t occur.

KISS - keep it simple stupid. ;)

I have tried to let people know that from my view of the night, that did happen at Eastbourne, someone was down the back straight beyond the rider line up with a red flag out when the intros commenced.  I only remember this as the person i was with commented on how big the flag was!

No bugger believes me tho.

• Like 2

That’s the whole clip.

Edited by Steve Shovlar