British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

Track stewards a ******* idiot!!!!! What an overreaction from a lot of Eastbourne officials and riders but not very surprising often been a clicky bunch over the years ...to accuse Cook of aiming his bike at him is total bull , a high degree of embarrassment 

• Like 2

Oh dear don't paint a very good picture for most of those involved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Cook still in the wrong whatever way you look at it. 

Blimey, finally we agree about something.  Yeh no matter what caused it all, taking a swing at that guy who got in his face was the catalyst for the shambles that followed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Track stewards a ******* idiot!!!!! What an overreaction from a lot of Eastbourne officials and riders but not very surprising often been a clicky bunch over the years ...to accuse Cook of aiming his bike at him is total bull , a high degree of embarrassment 

Absolutely no surprise that this happened at Eastbourne, have been there several times over the years supporting Lynn and there is always the feeling that something is brewing. Add Jon Cook into that and it’s little wonder it happened there. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Blimey, finally we agree about something.  Yeh no matter what caused it all, taking a swing at that guy who got in his face was the catalyst for the shambles that followed. 

Had to happen one day! You prob need a lie down now :D

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Cook still in the wrong whatever way you look at it. 

Both him and the Marshal completely to blame. 

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely no surprise that this happened at Eastbourne, have been there several times over the years supporting Lynn and there is always the feeling that something is brewing. Add Jon Cook into that and it’s little wonder it happened there. 

Remember when Dugard ( Eastbourne)walked into the pits and gave a Lynn rider a cheap shot knocking to the ground live on TV..Think it was in 99. Did he get a ban. I don't think he did.

• Like 1

I did note the large number of Security who suddenly appeared and waded in willynilly; as if looking for a battle.

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Remember when Dugard ( Eastbourne)walked into the pits and gave a Lynn rider a cheap shot knocking to the ground live on TV..Think it was in 99. Did he get a ban. I don't think he did.

Think he swerved the ban as he was kicked out of the meeting so they deemed that as the punishment.  Was a long time ago so i may be wrong but pretty sure that was it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Icicle said:

I did note the large number of Security who suddenly appeared and waded in willynilly; as if looking for a battle.

Dugard likes a scrap :P

• Like 1

Can you imagine what it would've been like if Bob was there in his prime?

I think a few things like that happening more often would actually do the sport a favour. 

A good old punch up never done ice hockey any harm

• Like 1