Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I get annoyed when you troll simple as that

Look at the bigger picture once in a while and then maybe it can become more civilised

My opinion is that Poole are not missing Worrall certainly at home although weighing that up , Heeps has never gone that well at Poole so it might help us tonight

You won fair and square at our place r/r for Kurtz got 11 and your reserves were on form where as Allen wasnt 100% and Lawson had another poor one

I still fell that Swindon will win the league irrelevent of who finishes top

52-38 tonight

I agree I think Swindon can or will win the league . im sure we will have something to say in the matter though 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I agree I think Swindon can or will win the league . im sure we will have something to say in the matter though 

We have to make the play offs first boys!! 2 defeats in our next 2 matches and we won't make them.

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

We have to make the play offs first boys!! 2 defeats in our next 2 matches and we won't make them.

Your meeting tonight is a big one for both teams maybe nick morris will come back and haunt you :nono:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Some tough August meetings there..

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I get annoyed when you troll simple as that

Look at the bigger picture once in a while and then maybe it can become more civilised

My opinion is that Poole are not missing Worrall certainly at home although weighing that up , Heeps has never gone that well at Poole so it might help us tonight

You won fair and square at our place r/r for Kurtz got 11 and your reserves were on form where as Allen wasnt 100% and Lawson had another poor one

I still fell that Swindon will win the league irrelevent of who finishes top

52-38 tonight

Swindon have their weaknesses, reserves are vital and could still be their achilles. In my opinion our strength in depth will see us through. 

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Swindon have their weaknesses, reserves are vital and could still be their achilles. In my opinion our strength in depth will see us through. 

only to the playoffs then its a lottery 

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

only to the playoffs then its a lottery 

The problem is it all seems to hang on injuries hopefully all four teams can be healthy for the finals. 

• Like 2

If the 4 teams are Poole , Ipswich , Belle Vue and Swindon i would imagine Poole will pick Belle Vue

Is it better to finish top or be the form side going into the play offs?

Just now, Gavan said:

If the 4 teams are Poole , Ipswich , Belle Vue and Swindon i would imagine Poole will pick Belle Vue

The form side

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Both!

• Like 1

As usual with the weather forecasts there is great variation as to when the heavy persistent rain will hit.  

The earliest seems to be from 3pm onwards through the evening - the latest seems from 9pm through the night.

I guess if its the former then we'll know fairly soon!!

Incidentally if it is rained off this evening, then next Monday 12th seems ok for both clubs?!

Edited by Skidder1

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

can belle vue hang on to a playoff place though ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1