British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

I get annoyed when you troll simple as that

Look at the bigger picture once in a while and then maybe it can become more civilised

I post on Poole threads about my team. If I am biased I have every right to be. This is not trolling, it is simply expressing an opinion. One if you disagree.

However, you know as do the rest of us that you dislike Poole, post continuously on Poole threads and normally give feint praise before sticking in the knife in the last sentence. We see this virtually on a daily basis. This is simply trolling.

I guess it’s going to be as usual then. Pointless putting out an olive branch if the other side won’t accept it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

can belle vue hang on to a playoff place though ?

We only have to win 2 out of 3 home meetings to do so probably. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

The form side

Exactly. The side that is in form late August mid September usually wins. You only have to look at run away leaders Poole getting well and truly turned over by Coventry who just sneaked into the play offs in 10 because they were on an unstoppable run of form.

obviously I’m hoping Wolves will be that team this year however unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

We only have to win 2 out of 3 home meetings to do so probably. 

Exactly. Can’t see the Aces missing out on the top 4 unless both Swindon and Wolves have a sensational end to their league programmes.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I post on Poole threads about my team. If I am biased I have every right to be. This is not trolling, it is simply expressing an opinion. One if you disagree.

However, you know as do the rest of us that you dislike Poole, post continuously on Poole threads and normally give feint praise before sticking in the knife in the last sentence. We see this virtually on a daily basis. This is simply trolling.

I guess it’s going to be as usual then. Pointless putting out an olive branch if the other side won’t accept it.

Why do you have a right to be biased? 

We can all support our own teams without the need to be biased.

Poole have done many things wrong over the years , yet you have never seen fit to accept that.... thats not being biased its blinkered

Poole are weaker with guests everytime, yet other teams are always stronger if they have guests. That again is not being biased, again its being blinkered.

We go into tonights meeting without Heeps. The riders who can take his rides probably tonight makes us a bit stronger. I would also say that without Worrall , especially at home, Poole are stronger but im sure you will always disagree

You rode at Ipswich without Kurtz and deserved your win but you said you were weaker without him but he has never gone well at Foxhall and his rides got 11 points out of 12....unlikely Kurtz would have been as good.

You seem to have differing opinions on here to most speedway fans including your own supporters. 

You love your club, nothing wrong in that, but maybe if you wasnt so blinkered about speedway matters then things would change

And please tell me where i have stuck the knife in today....i said you deserved your win at Foxhall and made no excuses as such we were beaten by the better team, i was there, and we couldnt live with your boys out of the gate simple as that

Edited by Gavan

Not sure about picking BV any more you know. They have a reserve who knows the track now. If Bewley is out they could get a decent guest, well Poole isn't one of Bewley's better tracks, so a half decent guest will do it and Stevie's on form again. 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure about picking BV any more you know. They have a reserve who knows the track now. If Bewley is out they could get a decent guest, well Poole isn't one of Bewley's better tracks, so a half decent guest will do it and Stevie's on form again. 

Bewley has gone ok there in his last meeting with 8+2 from 4 beating Klindt , Josh and Kurtz, no mean feat.

Swindon will be the form team and nobody will want them. They won at Poole early on and when defeated had r/r wih 0 and a reserve getting 1, and Musielek injured. They go back with Jensen and Vissing and will cause problems , my favourites for the league

At the moment we look easy pickings in the top 4 , Harris has been awful bar the odd meeting, KP is off form and Lawson a bit as well

Edited by Gavan

18 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why do you have a right to be biased? 

You for real?:rolleyes::lol:

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

wouldnt bewley have to be r/r lisa?

If the Aces get to the play offs i would think they would be everyones pick.The best track that most riders enjoy riding on plus their poor away from and it's a no brainer.Steve Worrall has struggled like Dan coming back from serious injuries this year and we would need both to hit top form to have any chance.

44 minutes ago, poole keith said:

wouldnt bewley have to be r/r lisa?

I don't know. They had a guest for him the other day. 

59 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Bewley has gone ok there in his last meeting with 8+2 from 4 beating Klindt , Josh and Kurtz, no mean feat.

Swindon will be the form team and nobody will want them. They won at Poole early on and when defeated had r/r wih 0 and a reserve getting 1, and Musielek injured. They go back with Jensen and Vissing and will cause problems , my favourites for the league

At the moment we look easy pickings in the top 4 , Harris has been awful bar the odd meeting, KP is off form and Lawson a bit as well

Yeah, I'd go along with that. If Vissing can get 5-8 points a meeting or just beat the Oppo's reserves, with their top 5 should be enough. 

53 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You for real?:rolleyes::lol:

Absolutely

The dictionary definition of biased is 'unfairly prejudiced'

If your biased towards your own side in every single thing then there is no point anyone having an opinion.

Edward Kennett ran the length of the back straight at Eastbourne the other night to launch himself at Craig Cook......he rides for my club ...but his actions were wrong and he deserves a fine and if the worst comes to the worst a ban....if that means missing Ipswich meetings then so be it.......i feel if Edward Kennett rode for Poole you would defend him..................

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't know. They had a guest for him the other day. 

Dan is a heat leader