Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Damn it. I wanted to know if we had a red flag Marshall on track during parade. :unsure:

We always do. Stands in the middle off the track with red flag held out to stop riders “doing a Cook”.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Bewley has gone ok there in his last meeting with 8+2 from 4 beating Klindt , Josh and Kurtz, no mean feat.

Swindon will be the form team and nobody will want them. They won at Poole early on and when defeated had r/r wih 0 and a reserve getting 1, and Musielek injured. They go back with Jensen and Vissing and will cause problems , my favourites for the league

At the moment we look easy pickings in the top 4 , Harris has been awful bar the odd meeting, KP is off form and Lawson a bit as well

Don't know why you keep bigging up Swindon, our away form is atrocious, it's only the home form that's keeping us anywhere near 4th spot.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, noggin said:

Don't know why you keep bigging up Swindon, our away form is atrocious, it's only the home form that's keeping us anywhere near 4th spot.

Before the completion of tonight’s meeting Swindon have dropped two home points, and gained two away points.

Actually I've changed my mind about Swindon, they've had to just use a TS against Wolves. I'm sure Swindon will end up winning but Wolves making them work for it! 

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Before the completion of tonight’s meeting Swindon have dropped two home points, and gained two away points.

Exactly my point, rubbish away form.

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Actually I've changed my mind about Swindon, they've had to just use a TS against Wolves. I'm sure Swindon will end up winning but Wolves making them work for it! 

Don’t think they will end up winning as destroyed at reserve to go with the usual tape exclusion.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Damn it. I wanted to know if we had a red flag Marshall on track during parade. :unsure:

We do.

• Thanks 1

Well done the Robins, looking like Ipswich in the play offs now, with a Pirates v Witches final B)

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Edward Kennett ran the length of the back straight at Eastbourne the other night to launch himself at Craig Cook......

No he didn’t . I don’t think you were there. I was.

I’m not defending Kennetts actions, but he moved swiftly over about 20 yards. (The introductions are done at the start if the back straight).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Well done the Robins, looking like Ipswich in the play offs now, with a Pirates v Witches final B)

Yep Pirates to lose

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Good job this isn't against Swindon, you know what JD is like when the forecast is for it to rain near meeting time and it's not rained off earlier in the day.

Anyway I feel like it's my fault, at speedway last week I asked if Poole had a home meeting rained off yet...-_-

Zzzzzz

37 minutes ago, woofers said:

No he didn’t . I don’t think you were there. I was.

I’m not defending Kennetts actions, but he moved swiftly over about 20 yards. (The introductions are done at the start if the back straight).

Exactly.  I was there too and only the hangers on came from distance. 

As you are more of a local than i, can you answer me something - the exit from the track for bikes is half way down the straight isn't it ? 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Exactly.  I was there too and only the hangers on came from distance. 

As you are more of a local than i, can you answer me something - the exit from the track for bikes is half way down the straight isn't it ? 

Entry to the track from the pits at Eastbourne is usually  halfway down the back straight. Entry to the pits from the track is usually on bend 2.

23 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Zzzzzz

Stop wasting space on the thread! Such a child.

3 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Entry to the track from the pits at Eastbourne is usually  halfway down the back straight. Entry to the pits from the track is usually on bend 2.

That's what's puzzling me - it was the opposite the other day i'm nearly positive.