British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Ipswich 8th August 2019. Prem.

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Entry to the track from the pits at Eastbourne is usually  halfway down the back straight. Entry to the pits from the track is usually on bend 2.

No.

The main entry and exit to the track is halfway / two-thirds of the way down the back straight and used, I’d say, for 90% of the time.

There is another access point on bend 2, where the airbag can be pushed open. This is used for the bikes and riders when they are bought out for the presentation and introductions. It is not used as the “official” entry / exit but has been used for quick access to the track when riders are running late, and occasional exits. I am not aware of any official protocol regarding this. I get the impression that if a rider wants to exit via the bend 2 air bag gap and someone can operate it, then they can do.

2 minutes ago, hrhbig said:

Is this really Poole v Ipswich, just had to double check

Check all you like mate, this thread like many others on this forum, can be hi jacked and have any discussions we like.

At the moment it’s all fairly current events, no one has come on and started reminiscing about something that happened in the 1950s yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hrhbig said:

Is this really Poole v Ipswich, just had to double check

Well it got rained off, what more is there to say! 

What a bummer, was looking forward to the witches to bring the Poole fans back to reality with a solid away win

• Haha 2

Shame it doesn't appear to be rearrangeable for this coming Monday 12th?!  Neither team has a fixture and there are no Championship meetings for those doubling-down!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Shame it doesn't appear to be rearrangeable for this coming Monday 12th?!  Neither team has a fixture and there are no Championship meetings for those doubling-down!

Greyhounds is on, although that is in the morning? There are not doing it on Saturday. 

47 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Greyhounds is on, although that is in the morning? There are not doing it on Saturday. 

bags racing this morning and Monday morning which is normally at Swindon 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ray c said:

bags racing this morning and Monday morning which is normally at Swindon 

I knew about this morning but I don't see what difference either morning would make. Track staff would be able to work on the track during the afternoon - the same for most evening meetings.

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I knew about this morning but I don't see what difference either morning would make. Track staff would be able to work on the track during the afternoon - the same for most evening meetings.

Perhaps Poole and Ipswich could not agree to race on Monday evening shame it would have been an ideal date

On 8/8/2019 at 2:22 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

I post on Poole threads about my team. If I am biased I have every right to be. This is not trolling, it is simply expressing an opinion. One if you disagree.

However, you know as do the rest of us that you dislike Poole, post continuously on Poole threads and normally give feint praise before sticking in the knife in the last sentence. We see this virtually on a daily basis. This is simply trolling.

I guess it’s going to be as usual then. Pointless putting out an olive branch if the other side won’t accept it.

No one is saying that you can't be biased towards your own team but some of the posts where you imply that the changes either strengthen the other side or weaken Poole are often just put in to get a reaction. That is trolling, as are many of the posts that you put in with regard to other teams!

58 minutes ago, robins les said:

No one is saying that you can't be biased towards your own team but some of the posts where you imply that the changes either strengthen the other side or weaken Poole are often just put in to get a reaction. That is trolling, as are many of the posts that you put in with regard to other teams!

Lol! So you think Ipswich were not benefitting from Heeps absence?

Heeps scored three the last time he rode at Poole. Last night King, Allen, Kennett and K Pieczek would have covered his rides.

It would have been better to check the facts before making that post.

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Perhaps Poole and Ipswich could not agree to race on Monday evening shame it would have been an ideal date

Might not have been discussed.

32 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Might not have been discussed.

I would think there is a date being mentioned  sept 16 looks the best bet