British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Thursday 08/08/19. Premiership . Swindon. V Wolverhampton.

On thursday we have a crucial encounter with Wolves and i believe it will be a close affair.After tonight's meeting Wolves v Belle Vue Wolves could be back in the top four and looking to consolidate  at the Abbey stadium.Swindon will then have five matches in hand over Belle Vue and need to collect all the points to close the gap.The reserves are the key for me Wolves look mighty strong in that department  Howarth/ Douglas i just hope Ellis can continue his good form as he has ridden very well also Vissing has chipped in with useful points.If Thorssell is back to his old self i think it could be a very tight  6/8 point win for the Robins?? my heart tells me Wolves are capable of nicking a point.

Looking forward to Thursday Sidney the Wolves don't always do to well down there but could be a close one after only being there a few weeks ago, my first visit to the new track. Always enjoy my Swindon visits even tho the racings not been great the last few years. Hopefully better on Thursday 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bruno said:

Looking forward to Thursday Sidney the Wolves don't always do to well down there but could be a close one after only being there a few weeks ago, my first visit to the new track. Always enjoy my Swindon visits even tho the racings not been great the last few years. Hopefully better on Thursday 

The new shaped track has led to far better racing this year

• Like 1

My heart says a narrow win for Wolves 44-46, but my brain says 51-39.

Huge match for both clubs.

7 hours ago, bruno said:

I hope it is a decent night and you enjoy the racing  Bruno,recently we have been blessed with Rasmus Jensen making several passes from the back.I just hope i have not put a dampener on thing's and you are served up a borefest.This year apart from the TV meeting the racing has been very enjoyable this Thursday you have two teams motivated to get a result should be good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I hope it is a decent night and you enjoy the racing  Bruno,recently we have been blessed with Rasmus Jensen making several passes from the back.I just hope i have not put a dampener on thing's and you are served up a borefest.This year apart from the TV meeting the racing has been very enjoyable this Thursday you have two teams motivated to get a result should be good.

Wolves away form is crap. Yes a crucial match, which Swindon will win comfortably. It's not our year.

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

recently we have been blessed with Rasmus Jensen

He was utterly pathetic for Rospiggarna last week.

26 minutes ago, Col said:

But in the UK he has done well. So...................

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col said:

Came in on a 4.51 average and in a way he has kept our season alive.His scoring for Swindon will drop it has to but he has had a great run also his entertainment value has been second to none.

• Like 1

Adam Ellis is riding on wed for Birmingham, so subject to how that works out he may well be back for this meeting. 

5 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Adam Ellis is riding on wed for Birmingham, so subject to how that works out he may well be back for this meeting. 

Think that might give us glimmer of a chance on Thursday if hes not fully fit.

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Think that might give us glimmer of a chance on Thursday if hes not fully fit.

A glimmer possibly but both Jacob and Nick will need to score a lot more than they did in the last meeting which ended 52 - 38.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

A glimmer possibly but both Jacob and Nick will need to score a lot more than they did in the last meeting which ended 52 - 38.

Think they will Jacob's confidence seems back after swedish title win and Nicks since joining somerset.

Will go 50-40. The Wolves are improving but rarely do well at Blunsdon.

Edited by auntie doris

19 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

We should run R/R ORLOV to big a meeting to take risk's.