British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Thursday 08/08/19. Premiership . Swindon. V Wolverhampton.

2 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Perhaps not a great idea for Thorsell to celebrate that 3-3 in heat 13.....:blink:

Was thinking that myself, egg on face:drink:

• Haha 1

An exciting end to a decent meeting and you have to feel for Wolves they deserved to win tonight.Credit to the Budgies they hung in there and just about got over the line.Musielak after an opening ride fall was impressive and Doyley got going in the end the reserves were bombed tonight. Douglas/Howarth are really strong though and Douglas was a rider i would of liked riding for us tonight we got out of jail big time (i.e.) The Referee was awful.)

33 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Great comeback by the Robins but shouldn’t need a tactical ride at home really.

Adam excluded again for rolling & surely time to get Stefan back as Claus hasn’t done the job very well.

Ellis was due a bad one but beasted at reserve.

Great call by Rosco in Heat 15 though.

I wouldn't get Stefan back i would stick with Vissing or maybe go for Josh Pickering.

21 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Perhaps not a great idea for Thorsell to celebrate that 3-3 in heat 13.....:blink:

Oh I don't know. Any team that gets a 3-3 in H13 at Swindon should be celebrating! H15 was always gonna be a max for Swindon, H14 decided it for me. 

What a brilliant skip Doyley is, always rely on him. Hes up there with the Robins greats such as Briggo, Adams, Crumpie, Ashby, Kilby, Broady, etc.,

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

What a brilliant skip Doyley is, always rely on him. Hes up there with the Robins greats such as Briggo, Adams, Crumpie, Ashby, Kilby, Broady, etc.,

Not for me. He loses too many races to be compared to Leigh Adams.

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I will go with that. One of my all-time best riders too. Good lad as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

A good score tonight but he has been poor generally, should be scoring like that every match in this standard of league and should have a high 9 point average.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Harris wouldn't have got near Crump at Poole last playoffs!

Wolves playoff hopes dashed?

Wolves handed it to Swindon by being dumb enough to get a 4-2 in Heat 11.

Allowing Doyle to replace Vissing in the next turned the match. Take a 3-3, keep a 4pt lead and put a lot more pressure on Musielak.

Normally I'm not in favor of such a thing and advocate getting pts on the board, but in this case, it was just too obvious.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Wolves handed it to Swindon by being dumb enough to get a 4-2 in Heat 11.

Allowing Doyle to replace Vissing in the next turned the match. Take a 3-3, keep a 4pt lead and put a lot more pressure on Musielak.

First question in regards to naive Wolves tactics. What is the likelihood that if Howarth had replaced Becker in heat 8, Wolves would have got a 5-1?